Slim Fast Shakes vs Body By Vi Shakes vs Shakeology Shakes..

Options

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast Shakes vs Body By Vi Shakes vs Shakeology Shakes..

They're all tied for last place.

Because there's no bacon flavor....yet.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I only eat whole foods and nothing processed, no artificial sweeteners or additives. If you watch any of the recent documentaries, you'll see how important it is not to put anything into our body that isn't natural.

Forks Over Knives, Dying To Know, Beautiful Truth, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, etc....there are many more.

Based on JUST this information-the ingredients, Shakeology is the ONLY one I would ever put into my body. We have to be more aware of our HEALTH. Long term, not just fast weight loss for a trip or a special event. We need to educate ourselves more about what we put into our bodies.

Shakeology is 100% all natural-you can even get a book with a breakdown of EVERY ingredient and what it can do for your body.

Body by Vi has artificial ingredients-why would anyone put anything created in a lab into their bodies? I don't eat Splenda, Sweet & Low, Equal and I am certainly not going to put whatever sweetener BBV uses.

Slim Fast is just full of additives & artificial sweeteners. Yes, it will keep you full, but at what cost to your health?

Another reason I choose Shakeology is because they give back SO much to our communities, our non profits, our military and to all of its customers. I have met the CEO and a few of the Directors and they are truly caring people. Do yo know why they will NEVER have a vanilla flavored shakeology? Because it CANNOT be created to taste like true vanilla and stay 100% natural. They could make SO much money if they just made it-but they won't-and I'll stand by a company with integrity like that any day of the week.

Beachbody's goal is to End the Trend of Obesity, but not by drinking shakes. They are educating everyone that they can about proper nutrition, exercise, overall well being. Of course they want to make money-who doesn't? But they give back! Not with cars or dangling prizes-just by sharing their knowledge and that is what we, as coaches, do. I drink Shakeology for free but if I didn't believe in what I was putting into my body, why would that matter? I wouldn't drink any of the other shakes for free.

Here are some articles comparing these products...but its really like comparing apples to cars-they are not in the same category.

http://tremblyfitness.wordpress.com/2011/07/15/shakeology-vs-body-by-vi/

You can google these two to compare further, but I couldn't find any that listed BBV's full ingredient list.

You can lose weight & get in shape without any meal replacement shake, but if you do opt to try one, read the ingredients list before even considering the price.

Sounds like you've done your research, so if you could answer a few questions;

Where does one find powdered and flavored whey protein in nature? It would seem that it is pretty heavily processed, extracting the whey from milk, then powdering it and flavoring it. Unless I'm mistaken and Beachbody found powdered and flavored whey protein in nature.

Where does one find cyanocobalamin in nature? It is the form of B12 Shakeology uses...
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My mom started the body by vi shakes in the beginning of March and has lost 25 pounds without exercising. If she had exercised she probably would have lost closer to 40 pounds.
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The ingredients within Shakeology are 100% natural i.e they have been derived from sources in nature.

Whey protein is a milk by product. Where does milk come from - an animal in nature. This is why whey is natural. Yes the milk has gone through a process to seperate the whey, but it is minimal. Whey is considered natural and there is no evidence to prove that is harmful for ingestion. In fact, whey may potentially reduce cancer risks, combat HIV, reduce blood pressure, improve immunity, reduce stress, lower colestrol...the list goes on.

Shakeology is flavored but again with only ingredients derived from sources found in nature, such as the stevia plant. You cannot find an alternative in your local health food store, unless you were prepared to buy all the separate ingredients in pill format, but that would cost you around $400 (someone did the math & I have a copy of the receipt).

There are Beachbody customers and coaches who are living products of the benefits of Shakeology. Many have been able to manage long term illnesses and problems...Some have even been able to manage their diabetes without their meds!

In today's society it is extremely hard to find something that really has NOT been processed, I mean even the tomato in your salad has gone through a process! Unless you are prepared to grow it your own garden, then even the so called organic tomato has gone through many process' to get it into your local supermarket. It's been handled by someone else, exposed to factory pollutions and put onto conveyer belts that has probably been used for other foods, it's been packed in plastic, then boxed and traveled hundreds of miles in a fume filled truck!

So with that in mind, I and so many others do our best with what is made available to us. That's why the guy behind the product went all over the world, to find the perfect plants, vegetables and fruits to make a powerful but tasty shake, because at the end of the day, the average person can't afford $400 in supplements, let alone remember to take them all! Nor do they have the resources to grow their own fruits and vegetables, or take care of their own farm with animals and continue to hold down a fulltime job, whilst raising their own family.

The Shake has been designed to help those people have simplified access to the nutritious ingredients that occur in natures sources.

:smile:
  • Acg67
    Options
    The ingredients within Shakeology are 100% natural i.e they have been derived from sources in nature.

Whey protein is a milk by product. Where does milk come from - an animal in nature. This is why whey is natural. Yes the milk has gone through a process to seperate the whey, but it is minimal. Whey is considered natural and there is no evidence to prove that is harmful for ingestion. In fact, whey may potentially reduce cancer risks, combat HIV, reduce blood pressure, improve immunity, reduce stress, lower colestrol...the list goes on.

Shakeology is flavored but again with only ingredients derived from sources found in nature, such as the stevia plant. You cannot find an alternative in your local health food store, unless you were prepared to buy all the separate ingredients in pill format, but that would cost you around $400 (someone did the math & I have a copy of the receipt).

There are Beachbody customers and coaches who are living products of the benefits of Shakeology. Many have been able to manage long term illnesses and problems...Some have even been able to manage their diabetes without their meds!

In today's society it is extremely hard to find something that really has NOT been processed, I mean even the tomato in your salad has gone through a process! Unless you are prepared to grow it your own garden, then even the so called organic tomato has gone through many process' to get it into your local supermarket. It's been handled by someone else, exposed to factory pollutions and put onto conveyer belts that has probably been used for other foods, it's been packed in plastic, then boxed and traveled hundreds of miles in a fume filled truck!

So with that in mind, I and so many others do our best with what is made available to us. That's why the guy behind the product went all over the world, to find the perfect plants, vegetables and fruits to make a powerful but tasty shake, because at the end of the day, the average person can't afford $400 in supplements, let alone remember to take them all! Nor do they have the resources to grow their own fruits and vegetables, or take care of their own farm with animals and continue to hold down a fulltime job, whilst raising their own family.

The Shake has been designed to help those people have simplified access to the nutritious ingredients that occur in natures sources.

:smile:

I see you glossed over where Beachbody derives it's cyanocobalamin from, where exactly did they find that in nature?

And what BS that it would cost over $400 to get all the ingredients in Shakeology, how would you figure out the cost when all their stuff is in prop blends, and it is extremely likely many of the ingredients are in trace amounts just so they can put it on the label.

So you say you only eat whole foods and nothing processed yet admit that whey is processed. So you do eat processed foods or you don't?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Ok this is my question.....

Some people do Slim Fast Shakes twice a day and then 1 Healthy Meal while others do Body by Vi or Shakeology Shakes
    twice a day in place of 2 meals.

So for example, If you choose to do the 2 Slim Fast Shakes a day plus 1 Healthy meal the outcome is going to be the same whether or not you are using Body by Vi or Shakeology right??

Just curious as to what people think. I would think that regardless of which Shake Company you use, eating 1 Healthy meal a day and a few Healthy snacks with 2 Shakes a day you will still lose weight.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks
    Yep. Don't do any of them. Liquid diets are so temporary and have one of the highest rates of weight regain. Learn how eat "real" food to achieve your goal and learn a lifestyle that you can actually live with for the rest of your life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Here is the answer directly from the co-creator of Shakeology himself. I didn't "gloss over" the question, I didn't have the answer for you. I'm not claiming to be an expert on every ingredient, but I'm doing my best to find correct answer.

"Of course the Original Shakeology have isolated vitamins and minerals. We had to do that back in the day when it was first created. Now with clearer regulations we don't have to add vitamins and minerals other than the naturally occurring vit/minerals in the superfoods like Vegan. keep in mind there are sill a lot of naturally occurring vit/mins in the Original Shakeology we just added isolated ones too." - Daren Olien

As far as me not eating anything processed, I guess I misspoke. I do take a multi-vitamin, which is processed.

As far as the $400....yes, someone who was a bit of a skeptic about the ingredients list, went to purchase each vitamin and for a one month supply, it came to $400. I have a copy of his receipt if you'd like to see it.

I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just trying to be up front about this product. I'm glad to have learned even more about the product!

Here is the co-creator's FB page if you want to learn more. https://www.facebook.com/DarinOlienFanPage
  • Acg67
    Options
    Here is the answer directly from the co-creator of Shakeology himself. I didn't "gloss over" the question, I didn't have the answer for you. I'm not claiming to be an expert on every ingredient, but I'm doing my best to find correct answer.

"Of course the Original Shakeology have isolated vitamins and minerals. We had to do that back in the day when it was first created. Now with clearer regulations we don't have to add vitamins and minerals other than the naturally occurring vit/minerals in the superfoods like Vegan. keep in mind there are sill a lot of naturally occurring vit/mins in the Original Shakeology we just added isolated ones too." - Daren Olien

The reason I asked was because cyanocobalamin is synthetic, therefore ShakeO isn't all natural

As far as the $400....yes, someone who was a bit of a skeptic about the ingredients list, went to purchase each vitamin and for a one month supply, it came to $400. I have a copy of his receipt if you'd like to see it.

How does that make any sense when most of the ingredients in ShakeO are in proprietary blends and no one but Beachbody knows in what amounts. So assuming that the ingredients are in any efficacious dose is a false assumption. And the vitamins in ShakeO aren't that different than Flintstone vitamins you can pick up at your local supermarket.
  • jack758
    jack758 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I found an interesting link researching all of the meal replacement options. I thought they did a good job, but everyone's taste buds are different. I've decided to mix my shakeology with a protein powder I recently bought. to get all the vitamins shakeology offers, but making it last longer. It is pricey.

http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/category/product-reviews/
  • PayShi
    PayShi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think it's 100% what tastes good to you and what you can stick with. Oh, as well as price, availability, and how easy it is to me. So, I've selected Herbalife. I've tried Slimfast and hated it. I've heard MANY great things about Body By Vi as well as Shakeology but Herbalife has a look of good things said about it and over 30 years behind it. I think it doesn't matter who you select, but Herbalife is working well with me, and by well I mean I'm STICKING to it (and that's a first) and losing weight (3 lbs in 8 days sounds good to me but I'm aware this will slow down.) And the cool thing is these shakes have tons of vitamins in them and taste great.
    Well, to be honest the French Vanilla shake from Herbalife was not agreeing with me. But the Dutch Chocolate is like... AMAZING.

And if you're interested in Herbalife. I buy mine from Amazon. And just for a 28 day supply of JUST the shakes it's around $30. You can also buy additional stuff. So, Saturday I started their Ultimate Program which is around $188. If I don't see any change from when I was just doing just the shakes I'm totally just switching back to the shakes and adding protein mix from GNC. This diet appears to be more nutritional for me than my regular diet as I'm a VERY picky eater and ate everything processed. I'm not claiming that any of these shakes are not processed. I'm simply stating this is healthier for ME as an individual and has helped me cut back on calories immensely. As I have a lot of weight to lose and want to avoid having surgery (as my mother did in 2003) I'll worry about maintaining it when I get there and plan to see a nutritionist along the way. What's important to me is getting this weight off. Also, my one regular meal a day I'm NOT pigging out as I expected. I actually eat LESS than I did eating 3 meals a day without the shakes.
    I'd say make a decision about what's most important to YOU and your body. It's very important to me to get this weight off, control my appetite, and avoid surgery.

Good luck! Feel free to message me/add me.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, EVERYTHING in Shakeology is processed in some matter because it is 100% powder. They claim to have 400 some healthy ingredients, but the amount you get per serving could no way give you all the benefits it claims.

I have tried both the chocolate and greenberry. They are both dreadful. I mixed with just water, tried with frozen fruit and milk, even added PB2. Nasty nasty stuff that separates and leaves you with sludge like layer on top. Even out of the bag the stuff smells like a hamster cage. I will never go back to using Shakeology again.

Acg67 is right- real food is the way to go
  • vibysheena
    vibysheena Posts: 1
    Options
    Other shakes are high in sugar and low in nutrients! Body by Vi is better than all of the other "liquid" diets or meal replacement programs as far as health and nutrition goes.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    For those taking Visalus Body By Vi are you doing it once or twice a day? I would do it once a day cause I need real food lol.
  • MandyG4557
    MandyG4557 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have tried Slim Fast and Body by Vi but havent tried Shakeology yet. Right now out of what I have tried I have to go with Body by Vi as I prefer the taste by a long shot I couldnt stick with Slim Fast as the taste was just gross for me. But since starting Body By Vi in two weeks ago I have noticed by difference in my energy, how I sleep, and in my workouts too. In the first week of Body By Vi and Working Out I lost 2lbs not sure about inches as I doing that each month only. I think its your preference as Slim Fast taste great to some people and not for others but is cheaper and can be picked up at local food store or health store while Body By Vi has to be ordered by a rep and Shakeology from Beachbody or Beachbody coaches. After a couple more months of Body By Vi, my plan is to still try Shakeology so I trying it and then I can compare for myself which one I rather have for my weight loss journey.

Thanks. :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    [/quote]Sure you'll lose weight, but are you going to live on shakes forever? Liquid meals are temporary weight loss, just like any other diet food weight loss. Once you eat "normal" the weight comes back. You're better off trying to lose weight using calorie deficit with the foods you already eat.
    [/quote]

I agree, using shakes for meals is not a long term healthy way to go. You are better off eating whole foods than giving into the "weight loss" industry.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sure you'll lose weight, but are you going to live on shakes forever? Liquid meals are temporary weight loss, just like any other diet food weight loss. Once you eat "normal" the weight comes back. You're better off trying to lose weight using calorie deficit with the foods you already eat.

Exactly. I find the shake trend kind if horrifying, and a HUGE money grab for these companies. Admittedly, I buy protein beverages to keep in my fridge. However, I do not buy those intended for weight loss, just any I can fit in my budget. They are for grab and go days that I may not feel I am giving myself enough "fuel", and I often drink them after the gym between meals. This is a habit I am comfortable keeping for life, not a dependancy to replacing meals with them to ensure weight loss.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Why does every person that likes BBV have practically the same input???? And always ends with EMAIL ME! hmmmmmm sounds like a sales pitch to me!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    IMHO talk to a CERTIFIED DIETICIAN!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I lost 12lbs my first month on slim-fast. I wasn't astringent on the plan. Some days I have a healthy 500 cal dinner and a 300cal lunch and a 200 cal shake for breakfast and all 3 of my 100 calorie snacks and I lost weight.

Your weight loss has nothing to do with the shakes though, if you replaced the shakes with regular food of the same caloric content...you would lose weight at 1300 calories a day. If you want a shake for breakfast, that's fine but please people!! don't think the actual shake makes you lose weight!
  • hippiequeen8767
    Options
    I just started the Slimfast Shakes in the new bottle (not metal can) and I absolutely love them. They taste great and they keep me full. I have a snack such as fruit or veggies a few hours later and then a healthy dinner. It works for me!