Cottage cheese with...?

Options

Replies

• IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Have you ever made cottage cheese pancakes?? They are so yummy!

Do you have a recipe to share?
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Mix a portion of cottage cheese and an equal portion of eggbeaters, then add omelet fixins (ham, cheese, veggies--what ever you like) and bake. Comes out more fluffy than an omelet (more like a souffle). I bake mine in muffin tins. Great for upping protein amount at breakfast.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Cottage cheese with diced pears (in own juice) topped with shredded cheddar cheese and dry roasted endamame. YUM!
  • Harts52
    Harts52 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and this is the first thread that I'm reading....there are so many good ideas here that I want to go get gallons of cottage cheese and eat nothing but for the next week!

My two favs right now are:

1. Fresh strawberries sliced and chilled with a little stevia, then mixed with CC.

2. Steamed asparagus, garlic, CC and, if needed, a little milk to thin it out - all hit with a stick blender. I came up with this when I was really dying for some cream of asparagus soup but didn't want to go the canned soup route. It is delicious - a real comfort food.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I love to put my cottage cheese in the food processor with splenda to taste and a tsp of vanilla extract. Really let it whiz for a few minutes and ta-da! Tastes like cheese cake. Awesome fruit dip or sprinkle it with crushed graham crackers. Mmmm...

Also, toss hot cooked whole grain pasta with cottage cheese and your fave pesto. So delish! Great for meat free dinner days.

I am going to be trying this. I LOVE cheesecake! I have a few recipes that are pretty good but none with cottage cheese. Thank you for sharing.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love it with fruit or a little cinnamon. Yum
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I use it as my dressing for salads sometimes.

I also put flaxseed and fruit in it in the afternoon- fills me up for a good afternoon snack. The not so hungry for dinner.

Or, I'll mix 1/2 container of flavored yogurt so the snack is higher in protein and less sugars.

I also like it on baked potatoes instead of sour cream.
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    From the insanity nutrition guide,..one slice of bread ( I use healthy life 35 cal wheat) one tablespoon peanut butter and one half cup cottage cheese. Toast and top, it's actually tasty and full of protein.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese w/2 tsp sugar free "maple" syrup -- sweet and delicious and only 80 cals, 8 g carbs, and 12 g protein.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I take 1/2 of fat free cottage cheesee (80 cals), add one 6 oz container of peach, lemon, or lime (no fat/ sugar) yogurt (100 cals). Easy mix. tastes great. just the right amount of protien and carbs for me.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Just pepper...and that's it. Nothing else.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    -Banana
    -Peach Slices
    -Yogurt

To be honest I hated the stuff, when I was young. I tasted it recently and like it now
  • Eric615
    Eric615 Posts: 5
    Options
    For a bedtime snack, I often incorporate the old c. cheese with some cinnamon, some chocolate casein, a smattering of almond butter, and the slightest bit of skim milk to facilitate stirring. Replete with slow-digesting protein and good fats, this baby tastes like
    cheesecake* and keeps me sated through the night. This is not a weight-loss snack, but rather one for the maintenance and growth of muscle when incorporated with a rigorous weightlifting regimen.

*My wife does not concur with this claim and would go so far as to call it a load of horse-hockey.
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just came across this recipe for herbed cottage cheese. It appears that people eat it as a dip. I'm still on the fence about cottage cheese. I love those little Breakstone's cottage cheese and fruit containers, but they are expensive! I need to find some sugar free preserves that I like.

Anyhow, here ya go:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/herbed-cottage-cheese/Detail.aspx
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lots of you have had it with salsa. Now try mixing it with salsa and putting that on top of a baked potato. Doesn't look great, but tastes amazing.

I also use it in lasagne in place of chalky, gritty ricotta cheese.
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just came across the recipe for cottage cheese pancakes (as a previous poster mentioned). It looks like it would be worth a try. Maybe you could stew some strawberries with splenda to make an awesome topping.

The recipe has 210 calories per serving, but it has 3 whole eggs and oil in the mix. You could play around with the amount of whole eggs and oil you really need.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cottage-cheese-pancakes/detail.aspx
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Love cottage cheese threads! Always get loads of new ideas.

Thanks for starting the thread I'll come back to it later.:flowerforyou:
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm boring - I put local honey on mine, but I can't wait to try some of these!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    mandrin oranges and jello. oh my gosh i want some for supper now
  • kew1966
    kew1966 Posts: 1
    Options
    I mix mine with a half a cup of Heinz maple Pork and Beans. Tastes so good.

yk