I challenge all of you

Options

Replies

• Petal
    Petal Posts: 27
    Options
    Day four over and done with and NO no no!!! I have not stepped on the scale:smile:
    I really really really want to but when I see the scale I just close my eyes and think of England (or so the saying goes) ha ha ha!!!! well done everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Great work all, and welcome renee!

OK so Day 6 for me, still staying firm.

my wife told me I look skinny today. If that isn't a motivator, I don't know
    what is.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK, so without weighing, but doing virtually everything right...am now starting to fear that I'm gaining.

I've hurt my back a bit, and skipped my heavy cardio for a light walk and some stretching, and went over my calories (only by five, but that negative sign freaked me out without my heavy workout).

But I'm in this, so I'm not looking.
  • Petal
    Options
    :sad: Viviakay, I`,m so sorry to hear about your ouchy back....I do hope it mends soon.
    5 calories will not make a huge so keep with it and don`t get scared:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So far so good since my lapse:happy:
  • Petal
    Options
    Lost count of the days I`m off the scale, but hey thats a good thing I guess?
    Banks....Well done and congratulations on lovely wife telling you that you are looking thin.... Thats a wonderful pep up especially with all the guts and willpower needed NOT to get on the scale.I`ve not been on the scale since I joined your challenge...when I see it peering up at me I just say :noway: Keep it up everyone and well done.
  • lauralu
    Options
    This is the best idea!! I have weighed myself only once in the past year...and that one time was this past thursday which was the worst idea I've had in awhile.... I had to cut the scale out of my workout routine because of an eating disorder. I became obsessed with the number rather than the physical changes. I have been working so hard to keep my eating disorder under control and the only things that seem to work reliably are setting fitness rather than weight goals and to stop looking at how much I weigh.

This site has been amazing at allowing me to track my diet (to ensure that I don't enter starvation mode OR overeat) and exercise. I think that it is far too easy to obsess about one's weight, especially when it is measured frequently and small changes in weight which do not reflect actual changes in health or fitness send us on an unnecessary emotional roller coaster.

It is much more healthy and useful to use measures such as how clothing fits and how much your fitness has improved to monitor progress... I am so happy that there are other people who don't look at the scale since there are times when I feel like I'm the only one....
  • banks1850
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Lauralu! my 1 week of not looking feels minscule compared to a whole year:happy: How'd ya do it? Now THAT's will power!

Yes, I made it, didn't look today urges are finally settling down. didn't even think
    about the scale this morning.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    YAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way to go banks...and to everyone doing this challenge.

you all deserve awards for perseverence and determination...i salute you!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Petal
    Options
    Still off the scale... Not such a big issue for me anymore, I think Ive got over the craving stage. Will hang in there for my promised two weeks....
  • banks1850
    Options
    ok so this makes 8 days of no scale. great work everyone!
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    DAY 7 for me, I didn't look all weekend! It's getting tough though, I am starting to worry that without the constant reminder of how fat I am I will start slacking more.
    SO, I am hanging in there.... for now!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: made it thru the weekend no scale. Didn't even think of it yea!
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Hope everyone had a nice & healthy weekend!:wink: It's DAY 6 for me...still haven't stepped on the scale yet.

:happy: Naj
  • banks1850
    Options
    you guys kick butt!! Nice job.
  • banks1850
    Options
    So Yesterday was a hard one for me. I know I have lost weight, everyone is saying so,
    it makes it so hard not to look. I have increased my time on the tread mill, and can
    see the difference around my middle. I almost broke down. I had a staring contest
    with the scale yesterday in my company locker room. I won, but not by much. I feel
    one of these days I could slip. I don't want to, but DAMN! I want to know how much
    it is! Why did I say a whole month?!!!!

anyway, day 9, still in the game. :explode:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I keep repeating to myself:

it's just a number

and it lies!
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Another day has passed me by...I'm still hangin in there:happy: !

Good luck everyone:tongue:
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Another Day and i said No! to the scale. Lost track of how many days now but i think I really need to know how much I've lost from the time i started this program. I haven't weighed for a while now so I'm going to find out tomorrow how much weight i've lost then i'll start off again.:wink:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Day 7 for me... I haven't stepped on the scale either and it gets easier every day.

Angela :smile: