cucumbers

Options
Other than a salad, what can I do with cucumbers? I know I can dip them in ranch or something but I bought 2 in the hopes of snacking but I'm wondering if there is better use....

Replies

• etrader24
    etrader24 Posts: 21
    Options
    you can sautee them in olive oil along with onion and green beans and eat them next to grilled chicken breast (:
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I LOVE <3 Cucumbers.
    This might sound weird..but get light, fat free sour cream and cream cheese.. use the cucumbers to make pasta! I like to add tomatoes too..
    I also like to cut them up and put them in a baggie with italian dressing.. I LOVE them with Ranch =) Apparently you can dip them in Hummus! (didn't know that..) They are good on sandwiches too.
  • scrmngdsy
    scrmngdsy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Allow me to recommend this fantastic salad:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/refreshing-cucumber-watermelon-salad/detail.aspx

it sounded weird at first, but it is ridiculously delicious. I substituted fresh basil for mint because mint is hard to find in Italy.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like mine sliced up sprinkled with a lot of lemon pepper.
    I like lemon pepper on any veggie though!
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cut them up and spread laughing cow cheese on top
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Cucumber sandwiches.

I like to eat cucumber slices with my meal, you don't even need a beverage that way.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Chop them up fine, add into a Greek yogurt, squeeze in lemon and there you get tzarziki. A dip or just eating it as a side with chicken is delicious!
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Chopped (seeded if you want) cucumbers, cubed avocado, feta, pistacchios, chopped mint leaves, moistened with a little lime juice and olive oil - LOVE it!
  • TessieAnne
    TessieAnne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like them just sliced with a small sprinkle of salt on top. Delicious!

Also, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches!

Or you could make another type of sandwich with a little bit of mayo, some cheddar cheese and cucumber slices (these also taste great with some turkey).

...now I'm hungry and I have no cucumbers! :grumble:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Other than a salad, what can I do with cucumbers?
    1873973_o.gif
  • ThunderThighs333
    ThunderThighs333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love cucumbers! If Im not eating them plain, I eat them with hummus, on french bread with cream cheese, dip them in plain yogurt with dill, lemon, little salt & pepper! If you are tired of drinking plain water, try adding cucumber, fresh mint and lemon! Refrigerate over night and enjoy!!!
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    TZAZIKI!
  • 1DeterminedGal
    1DeterminedGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My Mom used to slice them and sprinkle vinegar and olive over them, I still eat them that way!! Very yummy! (peeling on, of course!) Nice alternative to a lettuce salad.
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    i eat them on whole wheat bread with hummus nice and fresh tasting
  • andreabrightside
    Options
    Lie down and put them over your eyes on a hot day (maybe not in the sun or you'll get weird tan lines).

I hate cucumber so that's the only thing I do with them :P
  • melry77
    melry77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant (so this might be gross in all actuality lol) I would saute them with cooked lo mein noodles, soy or ponzu sauce, and sesame seeds, chill and eat cold. This was so good in august.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Sliced, then lemon juice. Add some chile powder if you like.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Every time I watch The Other Guys I say I'm going to make cucumber water lol.
  • charip
    charip Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yummy dipped in salsa!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I grow them in my garden and just go out, pick them and devour them! They're delicious!