My beautiful daughter

Options
Pitterpatter
Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
2 months ago my daughter started running with me, it has been great bonding. This past weekend she ran her very first 5K and it was a mud/trail run. I ran it with her and it was a blast!!! It was a tough course but she pulled through and wants to do more!!! I love, love, love this bonding!!!

She's 11 years old
7807dcc7.jpg

Replies

• znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awe that is so great I cannot wait till my kids are older so they can start running with me.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and looks like so much fun. My daughter was going to the gym with me, but I go too early in the mornings for her liking and it certainly isn't as fun as doing a mud run.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So amazingly wonderful! Good for you, you are building a lifetime of wonderful memories, and health. She will thank you for both forever.
  • workingitout2012
    Options
    AMAZING!!! you are setting your daughter up for a fit & healthy life! I read somewhere today that your children will become what you are so be what you want them to be. Of course thats not always the case but I think anyone who promotes a healthy lifestyle to their children is an absolute champ!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The bonding is most important but also, you are teaching her a lifestyle of fitness...
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    hard.core.
  • azziria
    azziria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go her! And good for you setting a healthy role model :)

My daughter started running the 5k Race For Life with me when she was 4 (and yes, she ran most of it - she got so many cheers because she was tiny that it really pushed her on) and we've run it 'together' ever since (this year will be her 9th Race For Life). However... when she was 9 we got halfway round the course and she said to me "Mum, would you be really upset if I left you now?" and proceeded to leave me in the dust and head for her father at the finishing line. So for the last couple of years she's started near the front of the runners and I've started near the back of them and she cheers me over the finishing line looking well-rested...

This year she's persuaded a friend to run it with her, so she's spreading the health and fitness message herself. I'm so proud of her!
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love reading this! I too have a 11 y.o.daughter who I think is spending less
    and less fun time with me..we usually spend most time together on schoolwork
    and that can be a battle ground sometimes!!
    Congrats to your lovely daughter!
    What a great way to bond besides teaching her a healthy lifestyle!!
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    this is so awesome! :) I love the pic.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    that is awesome. I'm glad to see that spending time with your mom or dad is still alive! Hopefully it is when my little one is that age
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :love: I love to see when someone succeeds, but honestly when I see how it changed the children I just burst with joy.

I failed at this miserably with my children, and thank God they have found their own way. The one regret I have in my life is that the snack bowl was full of chips and cookies instead of apples and oranges!!

Much love:flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Love the pic. Need to keep it in my thread to show my girl.

My whole reason getting into the health thing was to give my daughter a good example. Through tears and frustration, she started running with me and we did our first 5K in April. Now I have her in the weight room and she's watching her muscles grow and showing them off. She sent me a pic the other day of a bathing suit she tried on, as she was so excited she was finally losing her baby belly and didn't have to "suck in". I told her she should be proud because she didn't have to starve herself to see improvement and that she made "athletic" look good. She too is 11 (will be 12 in September). She inspires me!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thing you are doing!
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    Love it!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Aw :smile: Great story!

It's awesome how you can do things today, and stay healthy together!
    That run looks like so much fun!
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Go her! And good for you setting a healthy role model :)

My daughter started running the 5k Race For Life with me when she was 4 (and yes, she ran most of it - she got so many cheers because she was tiny that it really pushed her on) and we've run it 'together' ever since (this year will be her 9th Race For Life). However... when she was 9 we got halfway round the course and she said to me "Mum, would you be really upset if I left you now?" and proceeded to leave me in the dust and head for her father at the finishing line. So for the last couple of years she's started near the front of the runners and I've started near the back of them and she cheers me over the finishing line looking well-rested...

This year she's persuaded a friend to run it with her, so she's spreading the health and fitness message herself. I'm so proud of her!

Love this!
  • wakie27
    wakie27 Posts: 26
    Options
    That's such an awesome picture!!! I'm scared to even think about ever running in any type of Marathon, but hearing your story (and the other stories that follow) really almost convince to get myself going so that one day I can be running in one with my daughter (she just turned 3 yesterday).
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Nice story! Every time I go running my 3 year old puts on her sneakers to come with me. She even runs in place it the runners stance. We run to the end of our driveway together ( we live in the country and have a long driveway). I can't wait till she can run with me!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    2 months ago my daughter started running with me, it has been great bonding. This past weekend she ran her very first 5K and it was a mud/trail run. I ran it with her and it was a blast!!! It was a tough course but she pulled through and wants to do more!!! I love, love, love this bonding!!!

She's 11 years old
    7807dcc7.jpg

Absolutely awesome. I am looking forward to when my 4 year old son is old enough to do those things with me as well. Congrats to you. Very cool story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!