Why have I gained weight!? :(

Options
2»

Replies

• PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    Dont forget muscle absorb water...that adds weight.

And this is what I can't stand. I can't seem to drop the water weight! WTH!!!!

Why do you let that bother you if it's being retained by the muscle for healing purposes?

I can literally feel the water in my legs!!! Drives me bonkers!!!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Anytime I do a hard workout like Jillian’s 30ds or weight training exercises the next day I'm up 2-3 pounds. Take this morning for example- Yesterday was my weigh in day, I weighed in yesterday morning at 166.6 (scary number with all those 6s :noway:) I ate just under my calorie goal and workout with a burn of 500+ calories, the majority of my workouts where weight/strength training. I woke up this morning and my stomach felt so tight and looked much much smaller, my arms where like rocks and my calves to but when I got on the scale it said 169 now this could be for several reasons 1. I ate to much salt yesterday (my body does not like sodium) 2. My muscles are holding water retention etc. So don’t freak out over 2-3 pounds + or - just keep doing what you’re doing and you will see a difference in your body. With that being said I'm a scale-a-holic and need to stop weighing everyday cause it gets me down when I see things like this AM even though I can see and feel a difference. I would def. recommend measuring once a month you will see a difference you may not notice since you look at yourself every day :smile: Good Luck Hun and remember stay positive no one ever made these kinds of changes and stayed the same don’t let that "excuse" get you going in the wrong direction.

Ps. I would recommend opening your diary this helps you stay more honest with yourself and lets people give you advice on things you’re eating (or not eating) that could make a huge difference
  • Fictionista
    Fictionista Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happens to me, too :-( But I've been doing weight training as well as cardio, and I've heard that muscle weighs more than fat. We can hope?
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    Anytime I do a hard workout like Jillian’s 30ds or weight training exercises the next day I'm up 2-3 pounds. Take this morning for example- Yesterday was my weigh in day, I weighed in yesterday morning at 166.6 (scary number with all those 6s :noway:) I ate just under my calorie goal and workout with a burn of 500+ calories, the majority of my workouts where weight/strength training. I woke up this morning and my stomach felt so tight and looked much much smaller, my arms where like rocks and my calves to but when I got on the scale it said 169 now this could be for several reasons 1. I ate to much salt yesterday (my body does not like sodium) 2. My muscles are holding water retention etc. So don’t freak out over 2-3 pounds + or - just keep doing what you’re doing and you will see a difference in your body. With that being said I'm a scale-a-holic and need to stop weighing everyday cause it gets me down when I see things like this AM even though I can see and feel a difference. I would def. recommend measuring once a month you will see a difference you may not notice since you look at yourself every day :smile: Good Luck Hun and remember stay positive no one ever made these kinds of changes and stayed the same don’t let that "excuse" get you going in the wrong direction.

Ps. I would recommend opening your diary this helps you stay more honest with yourself and lets people give you advice on things you’re eating (or not eating) that could make a huge difference

you are my new personal hero. You have just described me! Thanks for your input!
  • Skitti
    Skitti Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you all so much. <3
    Sorry for not writing out a long post... but I do appreciate everything and I did read everything!