Anyone else in the 40 year-old range?

Options

Replies

• MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Over 40 and stuck at the beginning...maybe a few friends would be helpful as well.

That pic is disturbing... (and aptly named...)
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Almost there! Feeling great =)
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 47 and just getting back into tracking food everyday. I can always use and give support! :flowerforyou:
  • KarCall
    KarCall Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 42 with about that many pounds to go... new to site and am also looking to make friends/encourage others.
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    44 here- 40ish pounds to go

Feel free to add me!
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey There - i'm 49, feeling great & healthy. I'm 5'3', 151 with a GW of 130. Please feel free to add me.
  • djlambson
    djlambson Posts: 3
    Options
    how about the 50 year old range? I'm 54 and have just started here..please do add me. I don't have a single friend! :[
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Im 46 and have been here almost a year now. I have lost 29 lbs the first 7 months here then changed over to maintain. Now I switched back to lose weight so I can finish up what I started. Do you exercise regularly? I found that is a huge part in my weight loss, plus I feel much better too. Feel free to add me if you like, I check in every day.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm Myra....44 yr old female in NC. Add me if you'd like
  • Gilllll
    Gilllll Posts: 22
    Options
    I'll be 48 on July 19 and I'm also plateauing at 158 lbs. @ 5'6" height. So I started running. Man, this is hard, but I wanna keep at it. I know my cardiovascular is improving because my heart rate monitor watch tells me that I went down from a max of 175 beats per minute to 165 bpm in the middle of my run. Aiming for 149 bpm @ 30 min straight run with no walking. You can add me if you wish :))
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    41 here! I am in better shape now than I was in my 20's. It's lovely at this age..where you're still young enough to be super active (and look hot..lol), but old enough to have the wisdom/tenacity/willpower to handle it.

This right here!!!^^^^^ Walldancer you hit the nail on the head with this quote! LOVE IT!!

I'm 46 will be 47 sooner than I care to be but who can stop it? LOL I'm 5'8 & about 13 lbs away from goal.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    41 here add me if you like...I don't have any great advice but I can provide motivation. I was once 340lb and got down to around 270 by simply playing racquetball 3-4 nights a week and watching what I ate. Then from 270 to 230ish I started a morning gym routine with a buddy and cut racquetball back to 2 nights a week. Well then you know life got in the way and I ended up moving away and pretty much sat around on my couch feeling sorry for myself and got back up to 245...decided again that is NOT who I am going to be and started up with MFP as my "new" support group and gym partner.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    41 here! I am in better shape now than I was in my 20's. It's lovely at this age..where you're still young enough to be super active (and look hot..lol), but old enough to have the wisdom/tenacity/willpower to handle it.

Great Attitude...
  • mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 41 (almost 42...shhh lol) and have about another 20 lbs to lose. Add me, I can use some support as I just took about a months hiatus and am having a hard time getting back on track.
  • renaeadams1211
    Options
    :tongue: I am new to this site and so far I really love it. I need support too. I am 49 years old, currently weigh 153 and I am 5'4". I would like all the help and encouragement I can get. Look forward to hearing from you all.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im 46 and have PCOS so do low carb and sent a FR..
    I am also in a plateau currently.. have been for 3 mths...
    Glad to mutually support in our life change
  • jyohio
    jyohio Posts: 3
    Options
    46 yrs old male, 145 lb cross country star in high school.. 295 lbs now.. long way to go.. any helpfull information i would you use..
  • jdhalberg72
    Options
    I am too! Just turned 40 and realized that I look a lot like my 80 year old grandma. I would love to have more friends to have for support.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I turned 40 in January. My goal weight is 130 pounds. I'm not going into 41 overweight! NO.

my food diary is open :smile:
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I am too! Just turned 40 and realized that I look a lot like my 80 year old grandma. I would love to have more friends to have for support.

You must have a smokin' grandma...