I'm tired of "pear shape" hate.

Options

Replies

• Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I used to hate being a pear for all of the previously stated reasons. I thought I looked fat, even when I wasn't. Now that I've been all kinds of different weights, I realize that being a pear rocks.

A pear and an apple both gain 25 lbs. Guess who "wears" it better?

I love my shape. I don't love having to sew my jeans tho. If I don't, then the top of the pants fold funny and the pop out of the belt and look sloppy.

Funny how a pear usually can't buy a top and bottom of the same size. That's why buying mix and match is better. Large PJ bottom, medium PJ top.

GO PEARS GO!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    If I weren't a pear shape, I would admire others with all my heart. but as a true pear, I seriously dont like it. Higher body fat percentage, not looking good in skinnys or pretty much most type of pants. Yeah, I can wear skirt, but I love skinnys!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I love my big booty and tiny waist :heart:

I do hate being compared to a fruit though.

Meh...pear is a pretty sexy looking fruit. I'd much rather be called a pear than an orange or banana.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Im a pear and even though I am at the moment out of love with my body, I would rather be a pear than top heavy. People look a lot stranger with a round tummy and fabulous legs than the other way round lol xx
    Gee thanx, that's exactly why i'm self concious and i won't post pictures on here. But it's true.
  • lbayly71
    lbayly71 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love my big booty and tiny waist :heart:

I do hate being compared to a fruit though.

Me too! ... well my waist isn't so tiny anymore.... yet! :)
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Siiiiigh I want to love my pear but I just can't! All I see when I look in the mirror is FAT butt and FAT hips and FAT thighs no matter how much I trim and tone. In the end I guess it's just a self acceptance thing :frown:
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    yay pears!.. lol.. maybe when I lost more weight.. I may have a smaller waist in abstract to my big hips and booty but I also have thigh and booty cellulite which is super hard to get rid of.. I'm not that big but I still have it due to my "pear shape"!!!! :sad:
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    All shapes are great shapes! Work what you got! :wink:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like pear shape!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of the pair shape. :( I think I'm more of an apple or an hourglass.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm all hips and booty too! Not such a bad thing :)
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why people hate on the pear. I am an apple/hourglass shape and I always thought the pear shape was the most feminine and beautiful.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Who hate pears? I would love to be one. I am the dreaded apple. I have big boobs and look like a balloon. GO PEARS!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Hang out in a different neighborhood and you find all sorts of fans.

Enjoy
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm SUPER pear-shaped and sometimes I do hate it, but usually I'm just grateful that I don't carry my weight in my stomach. Sure, sometimes I wish I was hourglass shaped and therefore had a little more in the boob area, but I love being able to wear small tops and show off my small waist in comparison to my much more curvy hips/butt. Woohoo!

(Edited to add my measurements: about 34", 26", 38"!)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The only people who don't like pear shape seem to be people who have it...
  • blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pear shapes are the sexiest!! we gain all our weight in the bottom so our tops are really small. It's very sexy cuz it looks curvy . All the men die over it!

the hate is just pure jealousy!

#teampear
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    K...what are you talking about? Theres "pear shape" haters?
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am not a pear shape naturally.. currently I'm more of a hmm. Watermelon shape? haha. When I am not so heavy though, I don't know what to call that shape. I am naturally big breasted, unfortunately. And before anyone says it, yes I know how bad that sounds. I have been in specialty sized bras as long as I remember. Even in high school when I was just 5' 3" and 105 lbs, I was still in a D cup. granted.. a 32 D is a lot better than a 40 anything!
    To all pears out there... clothes sizing may suck (I am the opposite, big tops, slightly smaller bottoms) but at least you *have* a shape! Cheers to the pears, apples, and every other fruity size~
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am all about my pear shape. Love my hips.....makes me feel sexy and womanly...does it make shopping a bit more difficult..sometimes, but I've learned what seems to work best for my body! :) Plus I like pears....bosc, bartlett, d'anjou.