haha girls only.

Options
I have my period and I'm weighing in on Sunday. I was just wondering, does it affect your weight?

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    It certainly can. You are probably going to have to be at it a few months and monitor before you know for sure. Don't get discouraged if you are up or didnt lose what you thought you should. It effects me but not as bad as some people that say they put on 4 or 5 pounds.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • gettingphysical
    Options
    I gain 8 pounds when I'm on mind. Give or take an ounce or two -_-
  • sdavis0224
    sdavis0224 Posts: 23
    Options
    yes!!! omg very much so & that royally sucks for us... dont get too discouraged though remember it's your period
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be about 4 pounds, but it varies for everyone. Go ahead and weigh yourself but don't worry if you're heavier than usual.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    yes!!! omg very much so & that royally sucks for us... dont get too discouraged though remember it's your period
    Why does it suck?
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Why Iook at these threads is beyond me!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    it causes me to lose weight....I think because all that blood is leaving my body...
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Why does it suck?

Yeah really? It's your period... Get over it.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Why does it suck?
    If I had blood coming out of my hoohahs, I wouldn't like it much. But, if I were a woman, I guess I would get used to it. Do women get used to it? I don't know. I've bled from my tallywhacker a couple of times, but that was due to blunt trauma from baseball. I don't think that it compares.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Why does it suck?
    If I had blood coming out of my hoohahs, I wouldn't like it much. But, if I were a woman, I guess I would get used to it. Do women get used to it? I don't know. I've bled from my tallywhacker a couple of times, but that was due to blunt trauma from baseball. I don't think that it compares.
    No, no, the period sucks all kind of *kitten*. The routine fluctuations in weight don't particularly suck.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    not really ... the amount of tissue/blood buildup really is only a couple of ounces. it's never effected my weight ever.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Why does it suck?
    No, no, the period sucks all kind of *kitten*. The routine fluctuations in weight don't particularly suck.
    Ah... I get those two, and without the cramping and bleeding.
  • sdavis0224
    sdavis0224 Posts: 23
    Options
    QUOTE:

Why does it suck?

Okay yall are reading way to much into me saying it sucks for us... I simple was stating it sucks cause we gain this imaginary weight one week each month.... or for me more can I have a disease that revolves around my period...
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I tend to retain water during this time so yea, IMO it's possible.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    There is an urban legend that if you stand on your head for a minute, do a cartwheel and then snap your fingers you will avoid the weight gain. Wait, no.. thats not and urban legend. I just made that up.

Really, what did your body do the last however many times you had your period. I mean its not like something that comes around once in a lifetime. Its a monthly occurance. You should know the answer to this by now.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    not really ... the amount of tissue/blood buildup really is only a couple of ounces. it's never effected my weight ever.

Same here.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Water retention can cause you to gain a couple pounds during TOM.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Okay yall are reading way to much into me saying it sucks for us... I simple was stating it sucks cause we gain this imaginary weight one week each month.... or for me more can I have a disease that revolves around my period...
    I'm not reading too much into it... I'm reading exactly what you said. You for some reason think that a routine and expected weight gain "sucks", and I am asking why. Can you not answer that simple question?
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Really, what did your body do the last however many times you had your period. I mean its not like something that comes around once in a lifetime. Its a monthly occurance. You should know the answer to this by now.
    I would assume that people who ask this question have never weighed themselves on a regular basis, so no, they wouldn't know it.