Meals Under 500 Calories

Options

Replies

• lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just had : 2 oz. leftover roast chicken breast, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 roma tomato-diced,1 1/2 oz.diced avocado, 1 T. chopped onion, 3/4 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, 1 T. peach-mango salsa all mixed up and put on a bed of 1/2 c. baby spinach. Added 2 small corn tortillas crisped in the microwave. for a grand total of 433 calories, lots of protein and lots of fiber. YUM!
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i try to keep almost all of my meals under 500 since on maintenance i'm only allowed 1400 in a day!

where to begin!?!? ok.. i eat at fast food places a lot so ... wakeup wrap from dunkin is 180, chick-fil-a chargrilled sammich with bun 290..without bun using lettuce is 210, regular tacos from taco bell 180 each, bagel with middle cored out w 1 egg white and 1 slice of cheese is about 250, egg white sammich on wheat bread 250, chinese food... steamed chicken, white rice, steamed broccolli about 300, chef boyardee 200, make my own salad at salad works pasta/lettuce/broccoli/tortillastrips/eggwhites/turkey/creamey italian dressing 400ish, oriental crispy chicken salad from applebees half size w fried chicken replace oriental dressing with low fat itailan and its like 350ish, slimfast shake 180, nuggets from anywhere are in 200-300 range for 5 or 6, a slice of papa johns pizza is 290 a pizzeria slice is 330ish...

although i'll probably be blasted for all that i wrote cuz its fast food but i'm down to my goal weight, monitor my nutrients including sodium and have been on maintenance for almost a year so don't judge me! lol :-) Every meal I have with small exceptions is under 500... i snack every 2-3 hours on low calorie under 100 calories always snacks (frigo cheese sticks at 60 calories, jello at 10 calories, and popcorn at 35 cals per cup are my faves in that category oh and carrots! i love carrots and they are 30 a serving).
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    My Lunch: 201 calories total

Daisy Brand - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2% Small Curd, 1/2 cup (113.5g) 90cal
    Cherry Tomatoes - Fresh, 5 tomato 20 cal
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.75 cup, sliced 11 cal
    Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Low Calorie Lemon-Lime Gelatin, 1 snack cup 10 cal
    Kroger String Cheese - Low Moistrue Part Skim Mozzarella Twists, 1 piece 70 cal

And that keeps you satisfied for how long until the gnawing in your stomach starts? And not how long by drowning it with water to make it longer.

What a horrible thing to say, why be so mean?!

Why is it horrible, that is an exact quote from another thread with someone talking about how their lunch left them in 2hrs.

I was curious about the context around it, since it was rather slim on details of how this 200 cal lunch fit into the scheme of things.

Wouldn't that really be the most helpful to the most people, if it looks good, how long did it satisfy her (and she answered with 3 hrs so far so that's great!) so others know what to expect or plan on.

It's horrible because of the words you use, if you were really interested you could have asked in a much nicer manner....and you know that.

The same meal isn't going to make everyone be satisfied for the same amount of time, so no it's not helpful to know how long it satisfied the OP for.
  • thejulesmarie
    thejulesmarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is brilliant.

I highly recommend the Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise (326 calories including bun, avocado, and mayonnaise) or the Chorizo and Egg White Breakfast Burrito (243 calories). YUM!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    For lunch today I had:

1 whole egg
    2 egg whites (from carton)
    2 tbsps shredded cheese
    4 oz diced up cooked chicken breast
    sprinkle of pepper

Scrambled it together with a bit of water in the pan... made a very full plate for less than 300 calories and a lot of protein. Had raw baby carrots with it for something crunchy.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It's horrible because of the words you use, if you were really interested you could have asked in a much nicer manner....and you know that.

The same meal isn't going to make everyone be satisfied for the same amount of time, so no it's not helpful to know how long it satisfied the OP for.

It was merely the order of topics that happened to be read, and the funny description (I thought) used in one.
    One where several complained about their lunches leaving them hungry quickly.
    And then boom to this one giving a little bitty lunch suggestion.

And details is always useful, knowledge is power after all.

I'm beginning to think by the number of upset posters to something that could be read several different ways - there are perhaps too many 200 calorie lunches being eaten out there that are not satisfying.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sirloin steak grilled, with green beans fried in 10g of coconut oil and mushrooms fried in 10g of salted butter. 350 calories.
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just checked out that link...it looks like some fun things to try. Thanks for sharing!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Lunch:
    Warburton sandwich thins (100)
    50g smoked salmon (93)
    30g medium fat Philadelphia cream cheese (47)
    Baby spinach leaves (~3)

Total: 243 cal | 20g carb | 10g fat | 15g protein.
  • rawegman
    rawegman Posts: 18
    Options
    I never thought I would say this but I LOVE peanut butter toast, I have it for breakfast every morning with some fruit, either banana, an apple or fresh strawberries. Only 220 calories for 2 pieces of toast ^.^ plus I find it to be filling when combined with fruits.
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    DO you have a First Watch restaurant near you? There is one near my work and if I don't have time to bring lunch, they have several egg white omelettes that all come in less than 400 calories, even with salad and an english muffin on the side
  • kgsprenger
    kgsprenger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My family loves tacos for dinner. So, one of my favorite lunches is to take some of the leftovers in for lunch the next day as a salad.
    In a tupperware:
    Leftover 93% ground beef
    Shredded cheese
    Baby spinach
    In a separate little container: salsa and lite sour cream.
    Total of 275 calories
    Sometimes I splurge and bring a Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packet and add it my salad.

Yummy and filling!
  • janetbt
    janetbt Posts: 3
    Options
    I have lost 75 lbs in 9 months and I exercise 3 days a week.
    what i have learned is that it is extremely important to get the good fats and carbs and to eat every few hours.

My Breakfast
    2 egg whites / 2 small cuts of swiss cheese / whole wheat tortilla.

My lunch
    Lettuce / tomato/ cucumber/ zucchini / carrots / advocado 1/8 of a fruit/ 5 raw almonds/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar /
    This is all in a medium sized tupperware and yes I am very full and satisfied afterwards.

My Dinner
    Chicken breast 1 piece about 4 oz/ 1 flower of broccili/ 1 whole sweet potato or 1 bowl of brown rice.
    If I am having brown rice I add a small splash of terriaki sauce for flavor.

Evening Snack before Bed
    1/2 advocado
    or
    hand full of almonds about 10

It is good to eat about 200 grams of good fat before bed this helps burn the bad fat.

This has worked pretty good for me, and I do have a splurge once a month and eat whatever I want, but I have found that my body does not react well to junk food anymore at all and when I do go out to eat I am looking at the menu for healthy foods or at least low calorie foods.

I do tacos once in a while but I use ground turkey instead of beef and I always use Swiss Cheese instead of cheddar.
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    Well I think it's a great idea for a thread.
    There are thousands of us trying to eat 200-400 (max) calorie meals 3 times a days so I am definitely interested in reading everyone else's ideas.
    I do tend to eat the same things a lot, but that's because I ENJOY doing it, not because I have to, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Thanks for kicking this off OP - I'll keep checking back for inspiration :flowerforyou:

Nodding in agreement...:smile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

And that keeps you satisfied for how long until the gnawing in your stomach starts? And not how long by drowning it with water to make it longer.

Well, I ate at noon and that was over 3 hours ago and I am not hungry. I just wanted to start a blog to share meals under 500 calories for those of us on a very strict and low calorie count. Sometimes you have to get inventive and you need other ideas too.
    This isn't a blog...
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank You I need this post and saving it. I hope the thread continues. This is a big help
  • miracle4me
    Options
    458117_10150909307681033_1541770521_o.jpg

Thank You this sounds so good can't wait to try it. I love Jello
  • miracle4me
    Options
    You can make a great Mediterranean type sandwich for under 500 calories: bread (take your pick -- french rolls, regular wheat bread, a pita), chicken, 2 tbs hummus, feta cheese, and veggies (cucumbers, bell pepper, tomatoes). I eat this often for lunch. Calorie count will depend on how much of everything you load up, but if you stick to one serving of each, you are easily under 500.

Hummus on a sandwich? I never heard of this before. You sandwich sounds yummy! If you return to read this please share your recipe for hummus you put on the bread. I would use low carb pita.
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I couldn't eat any of those meals... yikes I need hardy stuff... and stuff that taste normal... id never eat such a random assortment... my intent is not to be btchy.. I actually really like thia thread and it will give people good ideas :) tomorrow I might take a food pic and post it :)
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Breakfast number one (overnight oatmeal):

1339800425_newstonesoup.png

Breakfast number two:

1339800434_newstonesoup.png

Lunch (tuna salad: add celery seed, curry, onion powder, ground pepper):

1339800448_newstonesoup.png