Replies

• mhanley1961
    mhanley1961 Posts: 35
    Options
    Did you scare the mouse? :)
  • dgadbaw
    dgadbaw Posts: 12
    Options
    Well I picked up a 7p-11p shift tonight then went to the gym. I was about to doze off when I saw a mouse in my room! I literally stood on top of the and screamed liked a little girl! I'm such a city girl, living in the country sucks! Then, I saw a spider. I am fighting sleep like no one's business! :/
    I don't remember the stats but supposedly we all eat a significant amount of spiders while we are sleeping.

I believe I heard that it's about 7 spiders/year? Something like that, if I don't see them I don't care. If they make themselves known I have no choice but to grab them with TONS of toilet paper and flush them down the toilet. Then I spend the next couple minutes feeling bad that I killed a living thing. Ugh, it's a terrible cycle I tell ya!
  • dgadbaw
    dgadbaw Posts: 12
    Options
    Did you scare the mouse? :)

haha I sure did! Poor thing booked it out of my room and into the living room area. I'm staying with my dad and I made him search my room high and low and attempted to fall asleep with the lights on but I couldn't pass out until about 630 this morning! I actually felt bad for scaring the little guy, he was so tiny and looked kind of cute when he poked his head from behind the dresser. I will feel bad when his time comes, but I'd prefer to never see him again. I'm sure the feeling is mutual!
  • Alcereceda
    Alcereceda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    great post- thanks
    i'd be lying if i said i never thought about surgery, but it's not right for me
    i do feel like it's an unrealistic treatment for obesity, and to some degree a copout- it's putting the responsibility in someone elses hands- it also seems to be more of a cosmetic issue rather than a lifestyle change- it has some seroius health concerns as well.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    where my bored friday night peeps at?!;)
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    :( no one here this week:(
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    its friday night at the boredom club.....lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I am only social when I drink. I rarely drink and I never drink and drive. Talk about a recipe for boredom! But MFP helps my Friday night go by.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I am only social when I drink. I rarely drink and I never drink and drive. Talk about a recipe for boredom! But MFP helps my Friday night go by.
    ya... I hear ya! I started this mainly for the gals and guys out there that have 2nd or 3rd shift spouses/ b/f s. us counter spouses feel quite lonely and bored on the average person's friday night:(
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Well since at our house we treat Father's Day and Mother's Day more like Father's Weekend and Mother's Weekend, I will be going home and enjoying whateverthefuuuuuckiwant for dinner, followed by beer drinking and video games :drinker: :drinker:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Mine is camping and I'm avoiding work that I really should get back to....

I think that if there are not lifestyle changes learned it's a bad thing. Like stomach stapling (or Lap Band or whatever it is now a days...) it can still allow a person to eat until they feel really full or even stuffed. That's not learning new habits, it's just lowering how detrimental the old bad habits are to you. i don't judge someone who does it for the right reasons with the right expectations and the right effort though.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Well since at our house we treat Father's Day and Mother's Day more like Father's Weekend and Mother's Weekend, I will be going home and enjoying whateverthefuuuuuckiwant for dinner, followed by beer drinking and video games :drinker: :drinker:
    lollll go you! have a great happy deserved time this weekend! promise?!:)
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Mine is camping and I'm avoiding work that I really should get back to....

I think that if there are not lifestyle changes learned it's a bad thing. Like stomach stapling (or Lap Band or whatever it is now a days...) it can still allow a person to eat until they feel really full or even stuffed. That's not learning new habits, it's just lowering how detrimental the old bad habits are to you. i don't judge someone who does it for the right reasons with the right expectations and the right effort though.
    I agree...to me, those procedures seem like a copout/ excuse. I know some people are more extreme on the morbid obese scale....but I still think they should require people to lose at least 30-50 lbs on their own beforehand to show they are truly committed ...no excuses....it sounds harsh huh?;/
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Count me in... home alone with the kids :)
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm home on a Friday like always. I have no social life. Yay me.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    ya... I hear ya! I started this mainly for the gals and guys out there that have 2nd or 3rd shift spouses/ b/f s. us counter spouses feel quite lonely and bored on the average person's friday night:(

Heh. I'm alone because I'm single, and truly, it wasn't a lie, I tend to only be social when I'm drinking, and as a responsible person, I just won't go out of the house in this condition.

I want to yell to the cop in this thread, hey ossifer, come arrest me, I been bad! But actually, as a leftist, I don't get on all that well with cops, either. Sigh. So alone.

Anyway, back on topic, third shift has been familiar to me in years past. It's a tough shift to work for anyone. You come home at 7 am and wonder what you missed. Although I admit it probably kept me out of trouble when I was younger and more foolish!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Im here. Home with the 3 kiddos (all under 10). Its a Harry Potter night! lol
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    well, its that night again! im here and once again alone on friday night cooking dinner while my awesome husband works his butt off. seriously, no wonder he stays in shape! its about 105 degrees where he works, and they're on overtime....whew! yea I stand on my feet all day and am constantly moving around for my career( salon/spa owner and stylist), but its nothing compared to my guy! I sweat just thinking about him right now:( how are you guys doing this fri night? what are your fourth of july plans?
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'll join the club. I haven't had an exciting Friday night in 16 years. I met my husband then and that was the end of that. I didn't mind for a long time with the kids needing my constant attention but now it sucks. I still feel like I'm in my twenties and want to socialize and see some bands play. My kids are doing their own thing and my husband does his own thing. So here I am chatting on MFP for entertainment and socializing.
    The positive thing is that I have a long run scheduled tomorrow so I need this relaxation time. Right?
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i have 2 girls at the X Factor auditions, another is having a girls night out, and another is mad at me so im stuck...and the guys arent doing much but on facebook trying to find plans so here i am...*kicks rock*