Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A year and a half later...

In December 2010 I decided that I needed to make a life change and become a healthier person. It wasn't the first time I'd tried, but every time before had fizzled out after 10 pounds loss or so. This time I was determined to make it stick. With the help of joining MFP that January, in 6 short months I lost 50+ pounds and went from a size 16 to a 5/6 (pants) and 3/4 (Dresses) by June 2011. For one year now, with many ups and downs in my personal life that would have previously left my broken and sabotaging my hard work, I have maintained with a little help from running, Jillian, and Insanity. While I am so incredibly proud of what I have accomplished in maintaining that victory for an entire year, lately I find myself forgetting just how far I've come because I no longer see progress on the scale. So, here I am, reminding myself once again that while the scale isn't moving, I have made progress in this last year in other ways.

Swimsuit1-1.jpg

Replies

• kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! You look amazing and should be so proud that you did not let the struggles of life interfere with your success. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Congrats on the weight loss and being determined. You look great.
  • Bryanslady
    Bryanslady Posts: 161 Member
    WTG !!!!!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    You look fabulous! Wow!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Congratulations!! You look awesome and you even look quite a bit younger!:wink:
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Wow great job! I love your commitment, it is so inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 751 Member
    Wow! You look great! !!
  • Lalee975
    Lalee975 Posts: 19 Member
    Congrats! You look great!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    So awesome! Congratulations :)
  • You're beautiful
  • meganlee90
    meganlee90 Posts: 17
    wow! great job! so inpsiring! keep up the great work!!!:)
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    You look awesome!! What an inspritaion you are to me! Thank you for posting!! Congrats!!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    You, my dear, are gorgeous.

You are strong.

You are brilliant.

You are funny.

You are talented.

You are one of my absolute favorite people on here.

I adore you and am really stinkin' proud of you.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Fantastic progress!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    You look so good! Congrats!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    That right there is a remarkable transformation.

Very nicely done, and congrats. I hope your pictures motivate others to keep bustin' *kitten*.
  • Good for you! You are doing it :)
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 926 Member
    Pure awesomeness. My biggest fear is maintaining for a long time. You show it can be done. Thank you for the inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Nice motivational pics right there!!!
    Be proud!!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 429 Member
    You are incredible!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!