Anyone have any hacks for drinking more water?

I think I get a pretty decent amount of water a day- I always hit at least the minimum recommended (8 glasses) amount, but I feel like I should be drinking more of it. My usual routine is waking up and drinking two glasses of water, and then drinking another glass of water every time I pee. Sometimes this means I drink a lot more water depending on my activities for the day, sometimes less.

What do you guys do to make sure you drink a load of water every day?

Replies

• harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    the last few days i have been having difficulty drinking my water intake - and im usually pretty good about it!

i wanted to chew something not chug something. so what i did was take a bunch of ice, put it in the food processor, then pulse it until i got a shaved ice effect. ten i just ate it with a spoon. :)
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    i carry around one of those 50.7 ounce bottles of water & force myself to guzzle one from the time i get up until lunch, then another from lunch until bed. it's sheer willpower, i think. because there's no easy way to want to drink that much.
  • I have always had trouble with water intake, i'd love to know an easy way to make sure I get it!
    I just never really think or remember that I need to drink it. I'm pretty picky too, it has to be ice cold or I hate it :p
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    I always have a 24 oz bottle with me, and my fiance and I make a game to see who can drink more water.... The jerk has a much larger bladder than I do though and he usually wins haha
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    I get bottled water, and I know each bottle equals 2 glasses. I drink one bottle with breakfast, another in the car on my way to work, a third throughout the day while working, usually a fourth with lunch, and a fifth either while driving home or with dinner. I also try to drink a bottle immediately after I finish working out.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    I put a few drops of MiO in my water these days. The black cherry energy has now replaced my caffeine in the morning.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    I use bottled water. I refill it from the tap for a couple days. I can drink more if its room temperature vs cold. I find it easy to drink out of a water bottle. Easier than the stainless steel bottle I have. I drink about 14 cups a day.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    I keep a case of water in my car and drink a 16 oz bottle with breakfast, between bfast and lunch, another one at lunch, another one at 3 pm snack time, one before my workout, one after my workout, one with dinner, and one between dinner and bedtime. A total of eight 16 oz bottles equivalent of a gallon a day. Some days I go a little over that, on days I don't workout, I usually drink about 96 oz.
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    I squeeze half a lemon into mine with LOTS of ice. Sometimes I'll add just a pinch of truvia. Tastes like lemonade!
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    My camelback brand water bottle is... fun? to drink out of? lol
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    I don't force myself, but what about adding water rich fruits to your diet... or even to flavor the water its self?

I don't have a problem with drinking water, on most days. On the days I am home, I carry a round an old gatorade bottle (32 oz) and drink form that every time I am thirsty or think I am hungry... I end up refilling it at least 3-4 times a day. On days, I am elsewhere... I am still working on that one... :grumble:
  • lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    i drink a gallon of water a day plus green tea fora lil flare lol whn water starts gettin boring i add a splash of lemon to it also its proven that luke warm/room temp water is easier to chug but ice cold will give you the feeling of being full
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    I do the same, have a 32 oz bottle fill it and drink 3 a day at least. Or I go by McDonalds and get a large water and just reuse the cup. No matter what mad method we use besides eatin a salty dinner and then you want to drink it.......its just hard to drink it some day!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    I need to figure out a way to psych myself into drinking more water too. My doctor said that my heart rate is actually high because I'm constantly dehydrated. When I'm at the office it's usually 120 bpm o.0. That is the one major thing I need to work on and I just can't seem to figure out how to remember to drink water!
  • I drink at least two glasses every time I eat (usually three meals and two snacks), plus any time I feel like I might be hungry but it's not mealtime, I have a couple more. And any time I'm thirsty. I usually finish up at around 3 quarts.
  • lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    I think I get a pretty decent amount of water a day- I always hit at least the minimum recommended (8 glasses) amount, but I feel like I should be drinking more of it. My usual routine is waking up and drinking two glasses of water, and then drinking another glass of water every time I pee. Sometimes this means I drink a lot more water depending on my activities for the day, sometimes less.

What do you guys do to make sure you drink a load of water every day?
    i stopped drinking other things so if im thirsty water is my option makes it easier im also doing a 30 day anti-soda challenge this month
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    I always feel compelled to drink more water when I have ice cold jugs of spring water at the ready.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    One person posted something neat a few weeks ago. Basically, they have two bottles marked with times... So Bottle 1, from the top to the bottom reads 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm. The second bottle is 4pm, 6pm, 8pm (or something to that effect) and it helps them count down to how much water they need to drink or have left to drink.

Personally, I do one of two things - I use a straw to hide how much I'm drinking (or to fool myself) or I'll throw something low cal, no cal into the water, like the TRU-Lime crystals or some of the Crystal Light Pure crystals, just for flavor.

Hope that helps!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    I have a 52-ounce Bubba thermos at work. I fill it in the morning and make sure I finish it by the end of the day. Then I always have 2-3 glasses when I get home: one with dinner, one after exercising, and then maybe another while relaxing.
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    I am having this issue too. Especially since the amount of water I am supposed to drink is just under 2 gallons (which is effing insane!).

I purchased to CamelBak waterbottles and basically keep them filled at all times. At work I will drain them both and then use the pop machine's water option to refill them so that takes care of a gallon. Then I use some 24oz tumblers with MiO flavoring at meals and leave it at that.

After exercise I will down one of the CamelBaks too.