Feeling broken.

Options
I'm not a negative person, but am feeling very down tonight. I have no support in my "real" life. It gets hard some days. I've been crying for the past 15 minutes because I'd give anything to just go out for a drink with some friends...anything. But, all of my friends are scattered around the globe. Normally, I accept that...but, tonight...it sucks.

Sorry, just wanted to share...reach out to others that may feel the same way...know that HERE is a great place when there's no one THERE.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yep - I know that feeling! My good friends live far away too - only have mild acquaintances in the area here. Sometimes I'd just like to hang with some friends nearby!
  • sirenap123
    sirenap123 Posts: 23
    Options
    I totally feel you tonight. All day I've been feeling alone and sad. When the people you love can't be around it eventually takes a toll.
    But we'll be better tomorrow, because we have to be =)
    Maybe you should call a friend just to say "hi" and know you aren't really alone. Just a thought.
    Best of luck and hugs
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    We are here for you....andhave been ther. You can add supportive friends It will help a lot!

Add me : )
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    Girl that is why MFP exists!!! My friends all live far away too. I am married and my hubby is awesome so I know I am not in the same boat as you. I am so sorry that you feel alone. You have to meet some people that are close to you. Get out, put yourself out there. I am not so great at doing that but that would be the advice I would tell myself. Hugs and prayers for you!!! I hope your night gets better!
    ~Corina
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Probably won't make you feel any better, but I am feeling close to the same. Sitting at home on a Friday night alone. Finally opened a bottle of wine and drank some... while sitting here alone. And I am on vacation this week, too. Sucks. Most of my friends (who do all live nearby) have kids... and most are married or at least in a relationship. Pick an odd wheel, that's me! And I think most of my weight-loss support comes from online - here or a group on FB....

Hey, your ticker looks better than mine!
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I understand. I've been going through a tough time myself right now. My bestfriend/girlfriend/everything is now 4 hours away when we were roommates and supported each other through everything. It really sucks sometimes when I just need her :/

I've heard said before that everyone needs to be able to be happy on their own and not defined by another person and I try to remind myself of that all the time. If you can't be happy on your own, how can you be happy when surrounded by people?

Just know that there are always people out there who care :)
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Hi ShannonShorte,

I am in a similar boat. I have no friends. Seriously, after high school and college nobody kept in touch. Normally I am fine being a loner but I have to admit some days it is difficult. However, with my experiences I know I am better off alone. When I am down I watch my favorite shows like IT Crowd and get put my iPod on and workout the stress.

You are not alone and if you ever feel like venting or chatting feel free to send me a message.

Huge hugs
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    No need to be sorry... without a gloomy day or two, we tend to miss how beautiful most days can be. Now, i don't drink, but have been known to make enough of a fool out of myself to force beverages up and through my friend's noses from time to time... so if there's any way I can be of assistance, feel free to give me a shout :wink:
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I kind of know how that goes too. I've got friends all over the country, but all my friends locally are married (most with kids now) and don't go out. Got tired of being the token single guy in their couples parties, so I'm resigned to just doing my own thing until I stumble across the right woman. And I do mean stumble, I'm clumsy.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My best friends are scattered all over the country. I have a few close by, but it just isn't the same. Which probably explains why I'm on MFP on Friday night. :laugh:
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Same here and sadly I live in the area I grew up but never had any close friends and still don't.

I find my biggest support comes from my internet family and friends who have never met me in person but cheer me on when I need it the most.
    I'd love to go out and have a drink with friends but that damn wall I put up in built of steel I guess and I can't let it down.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm sorry you are down tonight, and hope that it gets better for you. I don't really do 'friends' in the normal sense that most people do. I have a very close knit core of people that are spread out all over the globe, but nobody "here". I'm a night shifter so that has alot to do with it. Nobody's ever on the same schedule and I don't handle drama well. If you have someone you can call or chat with that is up now, even though it won't totally fix it, sometimes it helps, even if it's just for a minute.
  • kyomoon
    kyomoon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been down that road... many... Many... MANY times. Too many... but things get better and although none of us can give you a real hug... at least know there are many of us here who support you.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Hugs to you!!!

My best friend who happens to be my husband works out of town 10 days on 4 days home. I hate weekends he's away I get so lonely and know what you feel like 100%.

I distract myself with exercise now...used to be food unfortunately. I find I always feel way better after a good workout. Do you have any dvd's you can pop in and do? If not find some on you tube and sweat it out. Trust me it really helps!
  • shanchamber
    Options
    Do something nice for yourself. A bubble bath with a glass of champagne, a good book, something along those lines. And write an email to a friend to say how much you miss her and that you'd love to hear back.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling far to well, I hope and pray your night gets better. *hugs*
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You guys all kick amazing amounts of *kitten*!!

I hate that anyone feels the same way, but hearing it really does make me feel less alone. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, it is almost midnight here, so working out or making calls are not really options. I'm going to try and get some sleep (again)!

:heart: :smooched:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Many of us have felt just as you do tonight. The good thing - it usually passes. I recommend volunteering for an organization - something you're interested in. You'll make friends and have plenty to do. Sometimes the best thing to do to help yourself is to help someone else.
  • jocewar
    jocewar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can all come to my place! Sitting here with my kids all bored.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Many of us have felt just as you do tonight. The good thing - it usually passes. I recommend volunteering for an organization - something you're interested in. You'll make friends and have plenty to do. Sometimes the best thing to do to help yourself is to help someone else.

I have done that....and love it! But, right now, I am working full time 45 minutes away, I am a full time student (will graduate in December with my Bachelors), and have 2 boys that are my whole world and they need me to take care of them when they aren't in school....those things leave very little time for much else...