how do you keep eyeliner in place?

Options
aquapup
aquapup Posts: 81 Member
Okay, it's a hot sweaty summer and my eyeliner isn't cutting it. I just think about walking outside and I end up with the stuff all down around my lower eyelids. I have one more outdoor wedding to go to this summer and people take pictures at those things.

Does anyone have a good eyeliner brand or some tips and tricks with foundation or concealer or something I could try to keep the stuff where it is supposed to be? Thank you for the help!

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I use pencil eyeliner, and when I've finished my make up (but before the mascara) I close my eyes and spray over my face with hair spray, pretty strange thing to do but it keeps it all in place :happy: :happy:
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You have to get a good brand! Theres so much difference in eyeliners...
    I use Gosh Long lasting eyeliner, don't think it's available in all countries (I live in Europe). I use quite some eyeliner, but I never have to worry if its running or whatever. Perfect stuff.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I use eye shadow. It stays in place longer.
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    primer helps a lot.
    i wear a lot of eyeliner and i prime,foundation and powder my lids before eyeliner.
    hairspray trick is a good one too!
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can't even get it in place to start with, let alone keep it there, my eyeliner usually looks like a child has done it. If I know there will be pictures I carry a couple of cotton buds in my bag to remove the stray makeup that lands under my eyes.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liner is the shizzzzz! And so easy to use! They also have a spray that sets your makeup and keeps it in place all day.
    My favorite eyeliner, though, is MAC PowerPoint pencils.

And primer definitely helps!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    A good primer helps wonders. I use urban decay. I use liquid liner on the top lash line. When I do use liner on the bottom it's pencil.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    DON'T spray hair spray at your eyes! There are warnings on every single can, it can make you blind!

Get a decent waterproof mascara and it'll stay on even in a swimming pool! And yes, we did test this theory in order to be able to say it. I have no idea what my sister uses but it stays on forever until you use make-up remover on it. You get what you pay for.

I'm another one that uses eyeshadow. A few shades darker than the main body of my shadow. Applied with a brush tip, stays on longer than anything else I can find for the money I'm willing to spend.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Try a gel eyeliner, they are in a little pot container and come with an angled brush. There are a ton of different brands, but I get ELF at Target for 3.00, it stays on forever.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Urban decay liner is the best ever. If you use an eyeliner brush to pat the same color in a shadow over it as well it won't melt away AT ALL.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Also, use a good primer! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Urban Decay eyeshadow primers! It doesn't matter how much I sweat or how long my eye make-up (including liner) has been on, that primer keeps it on ALL DAY!

I actually even posted about it a few months ago! I did my makeup at 5. Worked until 3. Powernapped until 7. Worked out until 9. Came home and seriously still had all of my eyeshadow and liner still on and in tact! AMAZING product!!!!
  • skinyZ
    skinyZ Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    use a primer, and i use rimmel eyeliner its works fine, and a finishing spray, mac is a good one if not, try eyeshadow but to be honest makeup sits differently depending on your skin type you may just have to keep an eye on it and reapply mid day

i'm a make up artist :)

yes i agree with the majority urban decay primer potion is really good
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Set it with Vaseline.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    duck tape like massive amounts of it...

hahaaa I am seriously addicted to amy "notsowinehouse eyes*

I have been doing the pin up thing for a minute

so any help here would rock ..
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I will have to check out Urban Decay. I usually make sure there is no oil already on my eyelids and I have a fine angled brush I use to apply eyeshadow in a few shades darker along my lash line. I also set it with powder, then apply mascara. The powder helps the lashes look thicker too. I usually use a charcoal or darker brown color because my eyes are pale green.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    duct tape

Beat me to it
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Avon pencil eyeliner (glimmersticks!!).
    I've never had a problem with them ... they are the best :D
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I use the Fluid Eyeliner from MAC, it never ever smudges/creases etc.. it stays put alll day in any weather!! :) A little costly, but sooo worth it.

the eyeliner is gel/liquidy kind of feel. You use a special eye liner brush(they can help u choose one at mac).

its my fav!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    DON'T spray hair spray at your eyes! There are warnings on every single can, it can make you blind!

Never done me any harm :happy:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I use eye shadow. It stays in place longer.

This is what I do.... I first put eyeliner then put eye shadow over it, it seems to keep the eyeliner dry. I use Covergirl eyeliner and MAC eyeliner and eye shadow,