Boy troubles):

Options

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I would think that too but he tells me he loves me and talks about our future and stuff/:

Well if he says it, it MUST be true. Whoever said "actions speak louder than words" must have been drunk and trying to get laid.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    He's just not that into you.

This....more women should watch the movie as well.

Greg Behrendt wrote that book too. Good book.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

I agree!!
  • Defs not into you. i can guarantee if you were Jennifer Hawkins you wouldn't wait 3 seconds. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS men make it obvious how they feel from DAY 1 THROUGH BLANTANT ACTIONS. Girls say men are confusing , in fact they are actually not.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an immature lil boy. Ditch the dodo and find a man.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Don't sit home waiting on him!! Go out and have fun. There are to many nice guys out there to be waiting on him!!
  • brooklynsfinestballerina
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys:brokenheart:
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    I guess I'm going to be the lone person to disagree. I think it's not enough information for anyone else to tell you to "dump him" or "move on". To claim that he's using you or stringing you along seems a bit presumptuous when the OP only gave two examples and doesn't even know what the mans excuse is for not being able to make it tonight. For all we know something bad may have happened tonight or something along those lines where his reason for not being able to make it is actually a good one. He should have messaged her, that I would agree with, but we just don't know the story. The other time, when you waited for an hour while he looked for his phone, sure, that sounds like a lame move on his part but not something that would make me immediately tell someone to run for the hills. I would personally recommend that you wait to see what his excuse is and then talk to him about how you feel. Make your feelings known and if he continues to treat you in a way in which makes you feel disrespected then yes, maybe move on. Dumping someone though without knowing the full story seems a bit much in my opinion. Whatever you decide to do, good luck :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    He's not laid back. He's a passive aggressive jerk. If you want to date a passive aggressive jerk, he's the guy for you. If not, move on.

Unless something truly awful happened to him or someone he loves, there is no excuse for making plans at 9 and not showing up or calling when he's three hours late.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

No they should not! After two hours of telling her to give it up, the guy ends up showing up at her door wanting to be with her. The ending was the opposite message of the whole entire movie.
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You teach people how to treat you. If you have allowed this behaviour before, he will continue to think its ok. The moment someone treats you in a way that is not ok, you need to let them know so that don't continue with this behaviour. That is quite disrespectful and you are young and super cute....you could get any guy. Tell him you don't wait around for anyone.....he'll either straighten up or ship out! If he leaves, he wasn't into you anyways. If he straightens up, he has realized he doesn't want to let you go! Take it from us elders, we have been there, done that!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest: he's probably not that keen on you otherwise he would make more of an effort or at least try to display it but you should talk to him about it , as a fairly young guy I can tell we don't always take relationships in the most serious way.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I will tell you what I have told my own two daughters, "If You Settle For Less, Less Is All You Will Ever Get".
    It is up to you, if you are unhappy with the way things are between you, then change them. You have to decide on how you will allow people to treat you. Good luck.
  • brooklynsfinestballerina
    Options
    He had to take his roommate to the hospital because he fell off third deck. For those of you who don't know what that means, barracks have 3 levels, all with open air balconies inside them, creating a hole in the middle of the building essentially. So his roommate got drunk and fell off that. Im glad the kids not dead.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    He's all talk, no act.
    My ex used to agree to meet me, he'd consistently be late. Or "I'll call you after work" ended up meaning "I'll text you the next day". Always had some sort of reason. Usually involved his friends.
    He'd consistently NOT invite me out with him and his friends.
    When we were together, he was all over me, it seemed like he really enjoyed our time together.
    But really ... it wasn't meant to be.
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    He had to take his roommate to the hospital because he fell off third deck. For those of you who don't know what that means, barracks have 3 levels, all with open air balconies inside them, creating a hole in the middle of the building essentially. So his roommate got drunk and fell off that. Im glad the kids not dead.

Please just keep an eye on how many times he has excuses for how he treats you. This time he had a legit excuse, but watch out in the future.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would think that too but he tells me he loves me and talks about our future and stuff/:
    he might be playing ya
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

Oh. So the phones were all turned off at the hospital? In three hours he could have called.

I still agree that you shouldn't give him a pass, here. A phone call. Respect.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Move on...

if he was really into you , you would be a priority ,... you obviously aren't .. so find someone that's more worth your time.. & who values it. Now.. ..if he is like this its not going to get any better ..

just my two cents
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options