Office ppl, what annoys you at work?

Options
13»

Replies

• twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    My Co-workers.
    People that do not state their name when they answer the phone...just a Hello.
    We do not have a Jameson Cooler...just a water one.

My co-workers are the most annoying part of my job too! And the fact that we don't have liquor to deal with said co-workers.

Indeed, I can't stand them. They are the reason I need alcohol to get through the day.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Aside from not having windows in my office :sad:

... When someone who also sits at a computer all day frequently shouts aloud, HOW DO YOU SPELL_________?! I get so irritated! Google that *kitten*!!!!
  • blesdchile
    blesdchile Posts: 62
    Options
    Negative, know-it-all people. Uggh.
  • blesdchile
    blesdchile Posts: 62
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • adamsurpren
    Options
    Forgot to quote (trying to work but this forum is so addicting):
    "^ I'm just curious - are you saying you would you prefer no response, or that you would prefer that it's said clearly and articulately?
    i'm not criticizing you - i am genuinely curious about this..."

Well....now we're getting personal. Because as an atheist, yeah I'd say just don't say anything. But I really don't get bothered by the saying, so if you're going to say it, at least say an actual word!

Since it's summer, there's at least two sneezes every hour. Like Dane Cook says, you're not the lord, you can't say Bless You. Lol.
  • luvche
    luvche Posts: 19
    Options
    OFFICE TATTLE-TALES!!!!

If YOU are the office tattle-tale: Please get a life.

I am talking tattle-taling on things that dont hurt anyone or productivity. Just high-strung, uptight people who FIRMLY blieve no one should EVER find work fun.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    all those other ppl breathing my precious air.
    the folks who are constantly late
    the extremely loud as in i can hear them across the building folks
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Where should I begin...
    1) Gossip, I can't stand it or gossipy people that are always trying to make other people look bad, so they can look good.
    2) I work in a small pool of secretaries. When the phone rings there are a few that wait to answer the phone since they know I usually answer it on the second ring, unless it rings at their desk OR, BIG OR, the manager walks by, then it's picked up on the first ring and answered in the most pleasant tone.
    3) Yelling across the room when you are on the phone. It's rude.
    4) Ask a question and when I answer it, they say, "Yeah I knew that, I just wanted to make sure." or when the manager walks by they turn it around like you were asking it.
    5) If I'm eating something, somebody has to rush over to see what it is or make a comment about it, when I smell their popcorn (of which I can't eat and would love to) every single day and don't say a word. One day I was eating my morning snack of turkey bacon. Another secretary came over, asked what it was, asked if she could taste it and then said it reminded her of dog food, but proceeded to say it was good. Huh? Whatever!
    6) People that act friendly to your face when you know they have been tearing you up behind your back. Phoniness a real pet peave of mine.

I guess that's it for now.

7) Oh, one more...people that have to wear the loudest shoes because they enjoy hearing themselves walk.
  • talkingtohope
    Options
    1) FLIP FLOPS
    2) people who don't pick up their feet when they walk, they kinda drag 'em
    3) perfumes
    4) people who don't make the coffee when they take the last drop and the pot is empty
    5) people who bring really strange leftovers to nuke for lunch -- like weird FISH.....the smells are nauseating.
    6) LOUD people - screamers
    7) people who run, there will be a bad collision again soon
    8) too much cleavage, I know guys may disagree, but as a gal, I find it unprofessional and tacky
    9) when the computer help desk is located in India and it is impossible to communicate, no offense to professionals from India, we employ MANY and they are wonderful, but this is a function that just doesn't work under this arrangement
    10) hard azz chairs in conference rooms
    11) people who multi-task on conference calls, and you can hear the typing, or eating, or paper shuffling, all disruptive.
    12) this one woman who has been coughing for 6 months from allergies and won't do anything about it
    13) using speaker phones in cubes, when everyone has headsets
    14) whoever said gum crackers --- OMG
    15) people who walk down a corridor, 5 abreast, walking slow and chit chatting, and you can't get by, and they are oblivious
    16) slobs in the kitchen and bathroom, they wouldn't do that at home with their kids
    17) ice chewers
    18) if the content of an email doesn't fit on one screen, I don't want to read it. BOTTOM LINE IT folks. 10 paragraphs, forget it.
    19) whispering is almost as annoying as chit chat
    20) THERE IS NO "I" IN TEAM
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just having to be here..........

LMAO!
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1. Coworkers that are always whispering together and then stop when you pass by.

2. I am in charge of maintenance of the building - not the gross contents of the refrigerator or that the toilet paper has gone empty.

3. My boss that cannot imagine that I have anything else to do work related that is more important than getting HIS tv/cable repaired at his home.

4. It annoys me when a co-worker is not a team player but expects everyone else to be, when it benefits their program.

I could go on and on and on. I need to go to the gym to work off my agitation.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    People who come in to ask me a question, then as I'm answering, they butt in and cut me off. In the beginning, out of politeness, I used to stop, let them say what they felt was so important that they cut me off, then try to answer their question again. I have 2 ppl who are SO bad at this. Finally, I decided that while I'm answering, when they cut in, I'm just going to continue on and finish what I'm saying. That kind of backfired on me, tho, because I'd end up having to repeat myself.

Another thing...when somebody comes into my office and hovers behind me, looking at my computer screen. I've actually had to say, while replying to an inner-company email..."Uhm...do you mind? This is private." Or when somebody comes in while I'm typing an email, I look up to see what they want, and they say "Oh, go ahead and finish, I'll wait." No! Tell me what you want, I'll help you if I can, and then get the he!! outta here!.

Then, there's this one guy who wanders into my office, and sees a particular food on my desk or on top of my fridge. For example, one day he saw a box of cereal. He says "Oh, what? Are you on a cereal kick now?" Another day, he saw a yogurt on my desk. "Oh, what? Are you on a yogurt kick now?" I just want to scream "NO! I'm on a gonna-kick-your-*kitten* kick right now!!!"
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    1. Blow your nose at your own desk - not mine. That's nasty.
    2. My office is freezing cold almost all the time. Old man who finally retired a couple weeks ago always had 3 fans on high constantly and I swear his fans had a direct air flow to my desk.
    3. People always "forget" to invite me to meetings I'm supposed to attend.
    4. People who think I'm their personal secretary - ummm no. Let's go check our job titles and pay stubs. I have the same title and pay as you - I only play secretary for my boss.
    5. People who walk around to the other side of my desk to look at my computer screen for no reason other than to be nosy. Or the coworkers who go through the papers on my desk even though it would never have anything to do with them!
    6. The supervisor who acts like I'm not a part of her team even though I do just as much work as anyone else on the team. And I don't know who she thinks I am, but if you purposely don't give me stuff to try and get me in trouble with my boss I am not going to act like I am the one at fault - I will call you out on it EVERY time. And then she comes over and tries to play nice so she can get brownie points with my boss - oh hell no - I don't play that game.
    7. We are grown adults - WTF is going on in the bathroom - sometimes it is sooooo nasty!! How do women pee all over the seat?!
    8. Burping LOUDLY is gross. Enough said.
    9. People who stand around and chit chat loudly for hours. And then because they're having 3 conversations at once they all have to talk louder and louder to hear each other.
    10. If I'm trying to help you, don't be a b*tch. In fact don't be a b*tch to me ever.
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The dumb girl (my co-worker) who asks a patient "Whatchu bein seen fo?" I didnt't forget the r @ the end of for either.. And today as I came prepared 2 be patient & work with her she's not here & the dumb B word stole my favorite pen!!!! Oooo how she irritates me!!!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    - crazy cold AC we have no control over.
    - the aisle/team next door. Seems like they never work, and just talk all day, about random stuff that has nothing to do with work, and do it very loudly to let everyone know they're not working.
    - the chair I'm stuck with and can never get comfy in. and the other option of chair isn't meant for small people and hurts my back.
    - our printer. every time we turn around it's broken down
    -- and the "quick, let's have 20 people all print stuff at the same time at end of the day, so that it's mass craziness to try and find what you actually printed"
    - someone that has had the same job for several months, has been trained by several different people, and still cannot comprehend what the heck she's doing. (and I get to audit her every day due to that) :grumble:
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Customers. My job would be so much better without them! :laugh:
  • lilrette
    lilrette Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ppl farting in my office :( & my boss calling in "sick" "tired" "grumpy" once a week when it's just us 2 running the department office.
  • tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    Options
    Oh i don't mind anything - just mind the people i work with!
    And the bloody air con because fat people always sweat so they need to cool off and then anybody else is just suffering!