Fit and Fun Sized (those under 5'4") for June 2012

Options

Replies

• Tara_Janel
    Tara_Janel Posts: 48
    Options
    Im 5'2 and currently 140. May was not good, I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. I really want to get down to 115 but i would be happy with anything under 130.
  • kfitt10
    kfitt10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all...it's comforting to hear the same frustrations that I am feeling and successes out there. I'm just under 5'2" and could really use some adds of people this height for encouragement. My SW was 136, and I'm currently at 133. The scale hasn't been budging. I'm getting married July 14 and we are going to St. Lucia which will require an appearance in a bathing suit. I don't expect or pretend I'll ever be 115 lbs...even in the best shape of my life in high school as a 3 sport athlete I never went lower than 120 lbs.. I really wanted to get down to 125 for the wedding, I'm just having so much trouble taking off the weight. I've been trying to be really good about the food...it's hard when you only can eat 1200 calories. However, I've mostly been able to do it almost everyday. I've also been exercising which helps a lot. I do some weight lifting and do the elliptical. I like the elliptical because it's low impact (bad knee and slipped disc in the back - see above athlete thing). I think I may start trying to get into running again, in the past I've had more success than that. I'm hoping this week my body is just maintaining and fighting me...but will then decide to give up and start to drop the pounds. I also carry a lot of my weight hips and below. Short friends for encouragement would be nice if you are looking for more!
  • Blu4dayz
    Blu4dayz Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello everyone,

fyi.... my parents live with me. Mom is 94 and we just found out she has lung cancer and has 2-4 months to live. Dad had a mild heart attack and has been in and out of the hospital in the last week. I am not sure if I will be able to keep the forum going in July.

We are going to keep Mom at home and Hospice started this past week.

I know I am luck to have had my parents so long. So many my age have lost one or both of their parents already. Being lucky and grateful to have had them around so long isn't making this any easier.

While I am going to try to keep logging my food, I don't think I will be posting or chatting much over the next several months.

Hang in there everyone and good luck in June.

Jeannie

Stay strong Jeannie...love on your parents while they are here. You have been blessed to have them so long but like you said it won't make it any easier. Just give hugs and kisses (or the affirmations that you do in your home) as much as they can stand and cherish every moment.
    When you are ready to come back I am sure we will still be some fun sized ladies ready to link back up...take care of yourself.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

fyi.... my parents live with me. Mom is 94 and we just found out she has lung cancer and has 2-4 months to live. Dad had a mild heart attack and has been in and out of the hospital in the last week. I am not sure if I will be able to keep the forum going in July.

We are going to keep Mom at home and Hospice started this past week.

I know I am luck to have had my parents so long. So many my age have lost one or both of their parents already. Being lucky and grateful to have had them around so long isn't making this any easier.

While I am going to try to keep logging my food, I don't think I will be posting or chatting much over the next several months.

Hang in there everyone and good luck in June.

Jeannie

My thoughts & prayers go out to you!
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    May and the start of this month have NOT been good.

I over-indulged. I've reached my heaviest ever :(

BUT, I'm determined to lose it all. I'm aiming for 2lbs a week, and to STOP with the over indulgin.

So, a day of rest today, then to the gym tomorrow.

An NSV though, I've gone from 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the treadmill to 30 minutes on each, so that's good.
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    ChefSuzzieQ Posts: 119
    Options
    May was a good month for me. I lost 3lbs and found out that my body fat had dropped 3% since the end of March. I would like to lose 4lbs this month.

I am 5'3 and have had 3 children within 4 years. My starting weight was 170 and I am now at 138. I also PRed on my 10K this past Thursday with a time of 52:03, I was just shotting for a hour.

Right now I am struggling because we just took a trip to Belgium and for some reason bought an insane amount of that amazing chocolate. I am doing my best to indulge responsibly since I have a cruise to go on with my husband in just under 2 weeks.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'4 and started 20 weeks ago at 252.4 lbs. Today, I'm under 200 lbs for the first time since my son was born 21 years ago. I've dropped from a size 24W to a misses 16.

The diet part is easy for me so far, but the exercise is totally kicking my butt. I can't afford a gym and I live in Las Vegas so the temperatures get brutal. Every day, I say I'm going to take a walk then come up with excuses not to. I hate exercise more than I love food.
  • rosieposie0
    Options
    I feel and look bloated if i eat more than 1000 cals a day which is ridiculous :(
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    5'3'' here. Down to 131.5 from 142. Trying to get around 120. So hard to lose the last bit & being small. I am pear shaped with really big legs.

Lost 1.5lbs in May. Just started kicking it up a notch. Doing 30DS (doing day 18 tomorrow) and walking 2.5 to 4 miles a day depending on how much time I have.
  • LollipopViolet
    Options
    OK, so, I have a question.

I've now started doing an hour of cardio at the gym each visit - aiming for 3 times a week but have a huge amount on this week so it'll probably be 2 :(.

Anyway, I've learnt recently that I have flat feet. If I try and go at 6.0kph on the treadmill for any length of time, my legs hurt. Will this improve as my weight drops, or do I need special insoles or shoes or something?

Doesn't matter if I wear my old trainers or my fancy New Balance shoes - they're supposed to make your legs work harder when you walk etc. I'm thinking it's a combination of both, but I'm not sure.
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    ChefSuzzieQ Posts: 119
    Options
    OK, so, I have a question.

I've now started doing an hour of cardio at the gym each visit - aiming for 3 times a week but have a huge amount on this week so it'll probably be 2 :(.

Anyway, I've learnt recently that I have flat feet. If I try and go at 6.0kph on the treadmill for any length of time, my legs hurt. Will this improve as my weight drops, or do I need special insoles or shoes or something?

Doesn't matter if I wear my old trainers or my fancy New Balance shoes - they're supposed to make your legs work harder when you walk etc. I'm thinking it's a combination of both, but I'm not sure.

I would get a walking/running analysis done and make sure you are wearing the best shoes for you. Most large sporting goods stores should have someone trained to do that.
  • LollipopViolet
    Options
    See, I tried that with my local store, and they said because I was "just going on a treadmill" that there was no point in it. So not only am I put off using that store, I have no other options, as it's the only place that offers it.

Ah well, I can only try some insoles first, then if that doesn't work, along with losing weight, I'll go back and see if I get a nicer member of staff to do an analysis.

In the meantime, gym tomorrow, and a quick bike workout tonight, I think :)
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies..
    I am 5'2 and weigh 136...A few years ago i weighed 220 and at 5'2 that was a lot of me. The bad thing is i carry all my weight from my hips down. I am a 32 A bra size.

I try and keep my calories under 1300. I am also doing Weight Watchers. I made Lifetime with them i 2009..i am trying to get back down to my goal weight of 125.

It is so nice to meet all of you :)

Vanessa, I am 5'2 also and my goal weight is 125 too! I'm currently 142. I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs!
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi ladies.. I'm about 5'2.5 and am almost at my goal weight of 125 (actually hit it the other day, but I think it was water weight, and it's gone back up a little bit). It's taken the last five pounds of weight loss to finally start shrinking down my legs and butt (the final frontier of fat holdouts).
    I'm realizing that my goal weight was an arbitrary number, and now want to continue to lose/build muscle to really firm up the bum. I'm pleased that it's getting better, but still carries quite a bit of fat. I have been doing almost entirely cardio for the past 5 months (swimming and running), but plan to work weights in this summer. Dreading it though, and hoping it doesn't make me too sore to affect running, which I have been finding fulfilling.

Best of luck to everyone. MFP has been very helpful in this process!
  • BritH24
    BritH24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'4 - 135 lbs. Pre-desk job weight (3 years ago) was probably around 117 - I was fit and strong and happy. Very active!

Trying to get back into feeling that good again - I don't care what weight I end up at - just miss the confidence that came with feeling strong.

I walk about 4 km every day just to/from work. I started Insanity yesterday - Fit test complete. Day 2 today. I also hope to fit in some rock climbing (I used to LOVE it!) on the weekends. Just so tired of always sitting around the house feeling tired!!!

Is there going to be a new group for July 2012?

If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please feel free - I need all the motivation and support I can get :)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Mom died this morning. It's been a hard few weeks.

Can some one please start the new thread for July? I am just not up to it.

Hope to be back logging and posting in a few weeks.

Jeannie
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' and I'm not sure if I'm eating enough are maybe its too much. My daily calorie according to MFP is 1200 but I try not to go over 1400. I try to stay close to 1200 but by the afternoon I'm starving and I have hypoglycemia and I can feel my sugar dropping. Any suggestions, opinions??

How many meals a day are you eating? I find it helpful to eat 6 small meals. It feels like I'm grazing all day but it actually helps keep the blood sugar levels fairly even. Fruit, veggies, nuts are all good choices - small amounts but often.
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    I sorry Jam, it is hard to lose Family.