Anyone else in a polyamorous relationship?

Options

Replies

• Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    There are, but I imagine with the load of negative, closed minded responses you have gotten and more you are about to get, you will understand if they don't reply to you on this forum. Having different ways of living, loving and committing is not unhealthy or 'bad' - just different... but many people cannot tolerate anything any different than what they are- not races, religions, cultures, ways of doing things...

Little boxes on the hillside,
    Little boxes made of ticky tacky,
    Little boxes on the hillside,
    Little boxes all the same.
    There's a green one and a pink one
    And a blue one and a yellow one,
    And they're all made out of ticky tacky
    And they all look just the same.
    And the people in the houses
    All went to the university,
    Where they were put in boxes
    And they came out all the same,
    And there's doctors and lawyers,
    And business executives,
    And they all play on the golf course
    And drink their martinis dry,
    And they all have pretty children
    And the children go to school,
    And the children go to summer camp
    And then to the university,
    Where they are put in boxes
    And they come out all the same.
    And the boys go into business
    And marry and raise a family
    In boxes made of ticky tacky
    There's a green one and a pink one
    And a blue one and a yellow one,
    And they all look just the same
    Malvina Reynolds
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Kinda gross but if thats what you're into :drinker:

(question, if you get preggo does it matter who's the dad or is it everyones baby?)
    you do realize that only ONE sperm makes a baby so the kid would only have one father! Its really the basics of biology with this one...have a tenth grader explain it to you...
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I myself love monogamy, it works for me, but MANY people in my life are poly because it works for them -- and i respect it entirely. My spouse's sister is in a polyamorous relationship, she has 2 (going on 3) husbands, and they all raise her children together as a family. The children are well adjusted, intelligent, and their family is beautiful and functional even if it isn't your cup of tea.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    While this is not my cup of tea, I am not sure how this post is any worse than many of the other ones that wind up on this board. I don't even know if it is worse than some of them or if "worse" is even the right word to use. But really the only difference here is that this is something some of you are not used to seeing.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Looking for some like-minded people!

The mister and I are polyamorous - he has a boyfriend, I've got a... idk what to call him, honestly. :P

Just curious if there are more poly people out there in MFPland.

You mean open ?
    Its like cake, i prefer no naked men are thrusting against it while i try to enjoy it
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vlaura
    vlaura Posts: 93
    Options
    You musta read the name of this site wrong deary. It's my FIT nesspal..... Keep googleing though, what your looking for is out there.

She read the site right, she wants to be fit and is polyamorous, it does not have to be only one or another. Geez, get over yourself.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're going to find many poly people on mfp, but try fetlife. I have no desire to ever be in a relationship that isn't monogamous, but on that site, poly is the norm.

Likely wont find people confident enough to say! for fear to be judged is more to the point!
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could handle the emotions of that type of relationship, but I believe that not all people are the same, nor should they be. If you are happy, and if everyone involved knows the situation, then good for you. Admittedly, it is not a common situation so I don't know how many others you will find that are in a similar relationship(s), but good luck in finding support.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Take your fettish to CRAIGS LIST ! These boards are for intelligent and healthy minded people.
    unreal.
    I do not believe she was talking fetishes at all....and no where can we tell the state of her mind or intelligence! So she has two partners in life....why do you care. If anything I thought this site was teaching people to not judge!!!

Sorry but I agree, it's her life choices and we've no reason to Judge. Many cultures have relationships such as these, it's not like this is anything new.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Take your fettish to CRAIGS LIST ! These boards are for intelligent and healthy minded people.
    unreal.

Wait.... why did you post this here then? Because intelligent people realize that polyamorous relationships, like pretty much any other relationship type you can think of, happen naturally in many species.

Amazing how judgemental people can be on a site where we are all different but essentially working towards one common goal. Sheesh.

Polyamorous relations are not accepted in JudeoChristian culture, so don't be surprised when people point their finger.

One of the Bible's earliest polygamists was the Israelite patriarch Jacob. When Jacob lusted after Rachel, the daughter of the wealthy landowner Laban, Laban pulled a switcheroo and sent his other daughter, Leah, to the bridal bed instead. When Jacob discovered that he had been tricked, he didn't bemoan the fact that his wife was not the woman he wanted. Nor did he seek a divorce. Nope, he bargained with Laban and ended up marrying both his daughters!
    "And Jacob did so, and fulfilled her week: and he gave him Rachel his daughter to wife also."
    —Genesis 29:28
    Ultimately, Jacob ended up with four wives/concubines - not just Leah and Rachel but their handmaids Bilhah and Zilpah. Jacob was not condemned by God for this arrangement, and in fact the twelve children he had by his multiple wives ended up becoming the progenitors of the twelve tribes of Israel.
    Jacob was just one of many polygamists in the Bible. Some others included Gideon (Judges 8:30), Elkanah, father of the prophet Samuel (1 Samuel 1:2), and kings such as Abijah (2 Chronicles 13:21), Rehoboam (2 Chronicles 11:21), and Jehoiada (2 Chronicles 24:3). Most famously, Solomon himself had "seven hundred wives... and three hundred concubines" (2 Kings 11:3). None of these royal polygamists were chastised or punished by God for this - except for Solomon, but even here the exception proves the rule. According to the Bible, Solomon's sin was not that he married many wives, but that he married foreign wives who turned him away from worshipping Yahweh (11:4).
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Kinda gross but if thats what you're into :drinker:

(question, if you get preggo does it matter who's the dad or is it everyones baby?)
    you do realize that only ONE sperm makes a baby so the kid would only have one father! Its really the basics of biology with this one...have a tenth grader explain it to you...
    She said she's f'ing two guys...how will she know who's sperm did it? And don't try to school anyone on basic bio as if anyone asked you. Since polyamorous means everyone is in the relationship, I'm wondering does everyone share parental duties as well. Cause you know...one of the rare side effects of sex is pregnancy. You should try reading a book and maybe you'll learn that
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    sorry but I dont even know what you are talking about????

It's a mixture of a Latin word (poly = many) and a Greek word (amory = love).

It's way of distinguishing relationships that are more complicated than a couple from what is traditionally thought of as "polygamy" because while polygamy means literally "multiple marriages" in our culture, the de facto meaning is "polygyny" which means multiple wives.

Polyamorous relationships are more inclusive and equal than traditional polygyny and can be in multiple combinations.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    wow shame on you horrible people for treating her like she's a pedophile.
  • Beaneroo
    Beaneroo Posts: 9
    Options
    When a girl pictured with a gun in her hand says "live and let live", I'm inclined to comply.

It's a chit-chat forum...those who don't like it have the option to click elsewhere...
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    unreal.
    Well said!

Yeah that's actually really offensive, for one thing it's in the chit chat section, for another thing, who says someone who's polyamorous is any less intelligent than those who are monogamous? And who are you to judge? All they wanted to know is if there were more polyamorous people out there on the site, no reason to stone them to death. Man oh man..........
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Does it count that my husband is in a bromance and I call his best friend my husband-in-law?

Just trying to lighten the mood here, since everyone went effing insane at a simple question, but the above statement happens to be true. Oh, and to whoever said these boards are for intelligent people, well you clearly haven't read most of the posts here. ;) Seriously, though. Get over it, people.

genuis ice breaker here :flowerforyou:

do you have to fight for custody of your hubby's time though?
    every wife knows that when her hubbie is in a deep bromance, you have to fight for him to remove the beer bottles from the garage, and put on a non offencive/douchy shirt before going out in public, as far as time gose....well at least hes out from under your feet for a weekend or 2
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    In response to your original question, I am not in a polyamourous relationship, just an amourous one :)
  • Adureeuh
    Adureeuh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Why are so many people being mean to her? For crying out loud, people post about EVERYTHING on here, so I don't get why everyone is attacking her.
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    sorry but I dont even know what you are talking about????

Yeah, I don't get it....:huh:
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    WOW. I never seen such judgemental people on this site, but I guess this post was where to find them.
    I am not going to say I agree with Poly relationships, but don't sit here and type all of this bull to her. Like seriously, she put it in the chit chat and fun, maybe she just wanted to see someone like her.

If you don't like it, don't say anything to it. Wow, learn how to respect someone else's culture. Please.

^This.

Couldn't agree with you more. I would have never expected THIS much judgment towards the original poster. Especially since it is spelled out right there in the subject line what this thread is about.
This discussion has been closed.