how do you keep eyeliner in place?

Options

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I also highly recommend a good make up primer. I want to try the Urban Decay brand everyone is recommending. I've never been a heavy user of eyeliner but could be awesome if pulled together right. I also love Sephora's brand of make up. Cheap but it works. :)
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can use a makeup primer, or use dark eyeshadow as a sort of powder to 'set' your eyeliner, or buy a higher quality eyeliner. Oh, make sure its waterproof lol.
  • megacy
    megacy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is what I do.... I first put eyeliner then put eye shadow over it, it seems to keep the eyeliner dry.
    [/quote]

This is what I do too. Eye liner, then the same color shadow over it. I sweat big time and I've never had a problem with doing it this way. 1) I'm cheap and 2) don't wear make-up but for a few times a year, so try to not buy a whole lot of extra make-up stuffs.

edited to say: oops, lost the quote, the first part was posted by mznisaelaine
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use cornstarch. It's weird, yes, but nothing has ever worked better for me.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    I usually put concealer on my eyelids and then some powder that way the eyeliner goes onto a dry surface. Gel seems to work the best for me. I love Physician's Formula for that.

Fot the bottom, I line it with pencil or some type of cream eyeshadow, and then I top it with an eyeshadow that's close to the color of the pencil. It works wonders and it intensifies the cream shadow. You can also line it with white eyeliner and then put the color eye shadow over it. It works the same but does make the color 'pop' more.
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Everything the others said, but first use this as eyeshadow base. Urban Decay Primer Potion :love: ...it's worked for me for years. If you live in the US you can get it from Sephora & many online stores.

urbandecayprimerpotion.jpg
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Before or after you use the eyeliner? lol
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Before or after you use the eyeliner? lol

Before any of my makeup. Keeps everything in place.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love Revlon's and Almay's eyeliner that's like a felt tip marker on the top lashes. Lasts through normal hot weather sweating, but not exercise sweating.

On the bottom, I use a cheapo pencil (Wet & Wild or other $1 brands), with a little bit of powdered shadow smudged over it.
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Try a gel eyeliner, they are in a little pot container and come with an angled brush. There are a ton of different brands, but I get ELF at Target for 3.00, it stays on forever.

This! I use Elf gel eyeliner and then run over it with eyeshadow and it lasts all day.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This girl - Kandee Johnson - is aDORable ... She's a makeup artist, blogger, mom, and just a sweet, sweet soul.
    Try this vid for eyeliner tips!

http://youtu.be/dTry7fUwIS4
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    ThePersnicketyOtter Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I sometimes just put it on a couple hours in advance so that it will already have smudged down, and wipe that off. Maybe it's just my cheap brand of eyeliner but after the first time it never smudges at all.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I use urban decay primer potion under my eye make up. After I use a pencil liner I go over it with a matching eyeshadow. I like the softer edges and I feel like it keeps it in place. My make up stays on through the sweatiest of all workouts too.

Now getting blush to stay! Havent figured out that one yet lol
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i usually take a q-tip and run it acorss my waterline to remove any access water from my eyes. then you can either use a pencil or a gel eyeliner put it on your lower lids and set it with a black shadow. When I'm out of primer or good eyeliner this is usually what I do, its cheap and easy and lasts all night
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Use cream blush, then powder blush on top. After that you can also set it with loose or pressed powder and it should stay put. :wink:

Now getting blush to stay! Havent figured out that one yet lol
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Waterproof, liquid eyeliner is the best. I used to only use liquid liner, but then my eyes couldn't tolerate it anymore and now I use pencil. Max Factor makes a great waterproof liner. You can sweat, cry, and it will still look like you just put it on..............
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use liquid--I've used it since high school. It never smudges; Maybelline Dark Brown.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    revlon color stay eye liner & maybelline 12 hour carbon black eye liner work great on the water line and lash line for the most part. most staying eye liner i have come across in a drug store. the maybelline has more product than the revlon & has a built in sharpener & smudger on the bottom. .. i recommend that one.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    MAC technikohl in black. Can barely get it off with makeup remover wipes it stays so good. (and Im a walking furnance. I sweat like a pig)
  • silkribbonx
    silkribbonx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hairspray works. I use MAC fluidline with an angled brush and then make sure the area around my eyes is well powdered