6g carbs
    0g fiber
    20g fat
    34g protein
    241mg sodium
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like making fattoush. I change it up a lot and use whatever veggies I have on hand but this is the recipe I started from:
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/09/recipe-for-fattoush-lebanese-crumbled.html

I normally replace the lettuce with spinach, omit the sumac because I don't have any, and use less olive oil (more like 1/8 cup). Sometimes to make it more hearty I chop up some chicken or fish and mix that in as well. It's good with strawberries too.. really anything you want to throw in can work. As long as you don't go crazy with the olive oil or pita bread, it's easily under 500 calories for a very large serving.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    458117_10150909307681033_1541770521_o.jpg
    My Lunch: 201 calories total

Daisy Brand - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2% Small Curd, 1/2 cup (113.5g) 90cal
    Cherry Tomatoes - Fresh, 5 tomato 20 cal
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.75 cup, sliced 11 cal
    Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Low Calorie Lemon-Lime Gelatin, 1 snack cup 10 cal
    Kroger String Cheese - Low Moistrue Part Skim Mozzarella Twists, 1 piece 70 cal

I would consider that more of a snack. I would be hungry way too soon!
  • gzlz007
    gzlz007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    interesting combo, I'm looking for stuff like this being a newbee keeping an eye on my calorie intake ...thanks :)
  • Ivythorn
    Ivythorn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd say 90% of my meals are under 500 calories, and most around 300. I do almost all my cooking/prep at home and that helps immensely. I focus on fiber & protein, and not having any processed foods. I allow my self the occasional splurge of ice cream, or a soda. I also snack between meals to keep my self from over eating... in fact it's time for a snack now. Good luck, and feel free to check out my food diary.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Last night I made braised salmon curry with sweet potato and cauliflower. Around 500 cals per serving, and was delicious!
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My Lunch: 201 calories total

Daisy Brand - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2% Small Curd, 1/2 cup (113.5g) 90cal
    Cherry Tomatoes - Fresh, 5 tomato 20 cal
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.75 cup, sliced 11 cal
    Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Low Calorie Lemon-Lime Gelatin, 1 snack cup 10 cal
    Kroger String Cheese - Low Moistrue Part Skim Mozzarella Twists, 1 piece 70 cal

And that keeps you satisfied for how long until the gnawing in your stomach starts? And not how long by drowning it with water to make it longer.

What a horrible thing to say, why be so mean?!

This is exactly why I left this site before. I have lost 72 pounds so far and I enjoy the tools on this site, but sometimes the attitudes do not mesh well. I just figured we could all bounce ideas off of one another.

The one change I would make is skip the string cheese and eat a bunch more cukes and tomatoes, or add a fruit. That 70 calories would be used better.
  • Kathy53925
    Options
    Dinner
    Tysons Grilled and Ready Seasoned Steak Strips - Steak Strips, 3 ounces 140
    Roundy's - Salted Butter - Sweet Cream, 0.5 Tbsp. (14g) 50
    Broccoli - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 1 stalk, small (5" long) 49
    Cauliflower - Cooked, boiled, drained, with salt, 1.5 cup (1" pieces) 43

Total: 282. I was stuffed. You can easily add a slice of wheat bread to it if you wanted and still be under 500 calories.
  • marulitta
    marulitta Posts: 1
    Options
    Lunch was Tuna salad (made with: 2 oz canned tuna, 1 oz. chobani plain yogurt, 1 T sweet relish, 0.2c diced red onion, o.25c chopped tomatoes, half an apple) and 1 slice whole grain toast (wheat, rye, pump or whatever your favorite is) - 250 calories total

thats a great lunch! and you could also replace the toast with rice sometimes if you want, just to make an alteration.. :)
  • Kathy53925
    Options
    Chicken of the Sea - Chunk White Albacore Tuna In Water, 2 oz 50
    Heinz - Sweet Pickle Relish, 3 Tbsp 60
    Kraft - Miracle Whip - Light, 3 tbsp (15g) 60
    Bread - Whole-wheat, 2 slice 138
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cup slices 8
    Total: 316

OR...eat the whole can on lettuce leaves if you want more. It's still under 400 calories.
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    456523_10150910727881033_391753985_o.jpg

Breakfast in a cup: 289 calories

Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz) 2cal
    Cherry Tomatoes - Fresh, 2 tomato 8cal
    Eggs Scrambled - Scrambled, 2 Egg Scrambled 140cal
    Carrots - Baby, raw, 1 medium 4cal
    Kraft Singles - 2% Milk American Cheese Slices, 1 Slice 45cal
    Aldi Breakfast Best - Original Pork Sausage Patties, 1 cooked patties (54g) 90cal

The great thing is on a fast paced morning, this can be made in a microwave safe cup in the microwave. Put in the eggs, carrots and sausage, then microwave for one minute. Stir it all up and cut the sausage up, then add the tomatoes and the cheese, microwave for another minute and it is done! Tastes delicious. Sometimes I put salt and pepper on it, but not this morning.

Have a great day, I was discouraged at first but realize; people need ideas as I do as well. So, I will continue posting these ideas as they come. Hope you enjoy.

I am definitely trying this!
    My mum does a similar thing in a pan for the whole family, but i doubt it is under 500 cals lol
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    That might work for you, but it wouldn't even last me an hour. A body needs more than that. Anybody's body, including yours.:smile:
    Wouldn't last an hour? are you saying you eat 6000 calories a day, then? you know, if you have to eat 500 cals every hour...
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Gonna come back later & contribute :)
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I had 2 poached eggs wrapped in a chapatti for breakfast 266 calories
  • reddevil29
    reddevil29 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • xshalia
    xshalia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken sandwich:

- 2 slices of crusty bread (I used Woolies tiger loaf for those in Australia)
    - about 70g roast chicken, no skin, no stuffing
    - 1 tablespoon of ranch sauce (I use Paul Newman's Own)
    - about 12g of rocket (sometimes I change it up with shredded carrots or iceberg lettuce)

Approx 350 cal. (24g protein) and very satisfying!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    For lunch Ive made a salad our of a tin of tuna, rocket, and the leftover cauliflower and sweet potato from last nights dinner :)
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That looks lovely!

This under 200 cals lunch works for me:
    I have a soup every day. half a carton of lentil soup orbean soup really does fill up and is only 175 calories (aprox) Initially I had 1 or 2 multigrain crackers at 20 cals each wth it, but I don't bother now. I have pineapple and strawberries at 3-4 ish as a filler before dinner.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like to throw about 2.5 lbs of boneless chicken thighs into the crock pot with 1/4 c. BBQ sauce and 1/8 C. water for 8 hours on low and then remove the chicken from the liquids ... shred... return some of the liquid to the chicken and then add almost 3/4 c. BBQ sauce to the lot divide it into about 8 servings for over filled sandwiches. Just throw the meat in a hamburger bun and have a side salad and it keeps me full for at least a few hours. Easy to make great to come home to after a long day at work. :happy:

This sounds DELICIOUS!!!! I wonder if it will work with boneless, skinless, breasts....
  • leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    Options
    Great topic...roasted veggies, grilled chicken breast, cup of strawberries...fav low cal meal of mine