I like it when a girl hums :wink: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Sdewhizzle
    Sdewhizzle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Boston! <3
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's so funny to read this, I am french with a very strong accent even after 3 years in the us !
    but americans (especially guys ;) seem to love it, they tell me that all the time (after making me repeating the same stuff 3 times !)
    I dont get it, because when I hear other fench people speak english, I find it horrible (o-ri-ble) !!

My French grandmother has lived in the US for about 55 years and I still can't understand what she says half of the time. lol I think her accent has actually gotten *stronger* over the years.

I'm a native New Englander so I'm partial to New York (not upstate) and Boston accents. I also get weak in the knees for Italian and certain Latin American ones. Me gusta! :bigsmile:
  • Marlei5610
    Marlei5610 Posts: 16
    Options
    AN EDUCATION IN BRITISH ACCENTS

I find it funny that most Americans seem to think a British accent is either a posh (Hugh Grant) or cockney (east London) English accent. Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish accents are also British (although Northern Ireland is a moot point). British accents are very varied. Here's a quick education (if you've got 10 minutes to spare). :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8k7ajlq0eI
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    I got a wickid pissah Boston accent.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Irish accent .. sucker for it..
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am from Southern Oklahoma and I now live in North Texas. I have a southern accent and I am damn proud of it. Just because you are from the south doesn't mean you are dumb sounding. I have gotten many compliments on my southern accent.

I love a German accent also. But I think that is becauce I was born there and I speak german.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'd say Scottish or Irish is by far the sexiest. Also, slight southern accents are hot.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love almost all accents. I am a sucker for a NY or Boston accent. British and Irish accents are pretty damn sexy too. Not too keen on the southern accent. It really depends though.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Quite like a NZ accent :)

i do not like southern accents much, they can be annoying to me.
    as well as some accents i hear out here in the midwest (they irk me too)
    apparently i have a ny accent, although it sounds normal to me and my friends/family sound normal too.
    new zealand accents are fabulous.

This too!! Oh yeah
  • tipyourbartender
    tipyourbartender Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I could listen to Matthew McConaughey all day :)
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Southern accent = sexy! I like New Zealand accents as well... :0) The one that i cant listen to is the New England ones.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly strong East Tennessee accent. I grew up there, and it's hard to shake. It gets worse if I'm drunk or have been home to visit the family for longer than a week.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love reading the accent of a Russian mail order bride trying to sound like she had a grasp of English. My panties drop every time.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    A British accent does it for me, on a woman, of course, as long as her name isn't Lola!! I was stationed in England for a year and a half and hearing a British woman speak was almost as good as sex!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    lol I think the tone of a voice is more sexy than an accent....deep voices are good
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Get told I have a "cute" or "sexy" accent almost everyday lol.

For me I like the Southern accents....very hot.
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    Irish accents are AMAZING.
    I've lived in a lot of places, so I can have a Boston, Southern, or Western Accent anytime. It's kind of awesome.
    I always seem to think the SOuthern accent show honestly though for some reason. Maybe its cause my great granny Bobby always spoke with one (shes in Arkansas) and she is the sweetest, kindest, most loving woman in the world...
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I love Swedish or Icelandic accents. Sooo hot. And Australian. Yum.

I was just told recently by someone in the medical field that I had a "very unique sounding voice" and that made me cringe, haha.
    I've been told that I sound like a (stereotypical) Valley Girl. So, psh. Not sure that, that is "unique". Ha!
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    Scottish or Irish accents are gorrrrrgeeouuusssss

I have somewhat of a Southern accent (I'm from GA). I don't sound like a hick though, since I have family from the north! :tongue: