Funny workout attire

Options
chrissismone
chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
Whilst on the elliptical I typically zone out but happened to observe a lady with a sweat band on. I was very perplexed at her doing her thing with a sweat band on. Not one ounce of sweat but she looked as though she was going in for war.

What do you think is funny workout attire? Also those who wear stir-up leggings is pretty amusing as well.

Replies

• dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wear a sleevless shirt that says i <3 haters. I've gotten comments on it, but mostly likes.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I think the best was a guy at my gym that wore his boxer shorts as workout shorts.. complete with shirt tucked in.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I wear a sweatband to the gym on cardio days but that's because I actually sweat and I want to keep it out of my eyes. >.<
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    After spending a hr on the stairmaster, I told myself that I was going to invest in a headband to catch the sweat.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've been known to wear pajama bottoms as workout pants
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I think it's interesting when I see people workout in jeans. I would be burning up running on a treadmill with jeans on. :laugh:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I was looking online to buy a sweatband one day and I came across this bad-boy http://www.sweatgutr.com/ This will be the funniest thing I could see anywhere let alone the gym
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people come to the gym in jeans. It has to be the most uncomfortable workout attire.

Also I saw a guy lifting with garden gloves on. O_o
  • skyoung10
    skyoung10 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have seen a Cowboy at the gym. Full Attire. Hat, boots, wrangler jeans and flannel shirt. 0.o bwhaha Also, another of the funnies are the Leg Warmers. Come on now; its not 1980 anymore ;)
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I saw a women walk into a yoga class with nothing but a t-shirt and control top panty hose. Pantyhose are uncomfortable just sitting in a package at the store, I cringe to imagine what they are like while sweating and stretching.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    One of my friends posted something on the feed...and now I am mesmerized: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53kpoORgaIM&amp;feature=related

You will never be the same.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I wore my Ugg boots to the gym last year. In the morning when I packed my bag, I forgot my shoes. So, when I got to the gym and changed I had to put my boots on b/c I didn't feel like driving home and then driving back to the gym. I was only using the elliptical and using some of the weight machines. Yes, I got some strange looks but I didn't care!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say jeans too. But I also don't see how people can run in Chucks, for me it feels so uncomfortable
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I have seen a Cowboy at the gym. Full Attire. Hat, boots, wrangler jeans and flannel shirt. 0.o bwhaha Also, another of the funnies are the Leg Warmers. Come on now; its not 1980 anymore ;)

I just brought myself some PJ's that have leg warmers attached to them. I LOVE THEM. Long live the 80's!
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There's this man at the gym who works out in these TINY compression shorts. It's so strange to see a man wearing shorter and tighter shorts than the girls!

Oh and those plastic pull-over jackets. I don't know what the point of them is but they look funny.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There is this really cute old couple (probably about 70) that comes to the gym a lot. They each wear the typical grampa/grama jeans pulled up to their chest each with an oversized tucked in polo. The grampa wears suspenders and uses a cane! They go on the stationary bike and use some of the weight machines. They are adorable but I can't help but laugh when I see them.
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wear a lot of spandex type of stuff and in really bright colors. I'm sure people think I look really dorky at the gym, but I love my spandex and bright colors!!! There's always someone that looks more ridiculous, so I don't worry about it =)
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There is this really cute old couple (probably about 70) that comes to the gym a lot. They each wear the typical grampa/grama jeans pulled up to their chest each with an oversized tucked in polo. The grampa wears suspenders and uses a cane! They go on the stationary bike and use some of the weight machines. They are adorable but I can't help but laugh when I see them.

Awww, that would be so cute to watch! In a cute/funny way =)
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think the best was a guy at my gym that wore his boxer shorts as workout shorts.. complete with shirt tucked in.

My stomach hurts at the thought..was he at least packing or was it pleasant to see if not oh my poor sister having to see that.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    saw this scrawny guy in his 50's working out wearing daisy dukes. That's something you don't wanna see often