Vegans

Options

Replies

• ImaVeryLuckyMan
    ImaVeryLuckyMan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would consider myself a progressive Vegan. Not 100% yet but moving closer everyday.
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's where we are at. Closer every day.:smile:
  • veggiewolf
    veggiewolf Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for >20 years and aspiring vegan. I currently drink milk in my coffee, because I have found that hard to replace with a tasty alternative.
    Reading "Eating Animals" by Jonathan S Foer inspired me to become vegan again.

21419102.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a soy-free vegan and it can be done!
    Beans, legumes, chickpeas, nuts - all good protein sources.
    As for veggie burgers, Amys makes 2 that are vegan and soy-free and Quorn has a new soy-free vegan burger.
    Hot dogs and sausage from Fieldroast are also soy-free.
    Daiya is soy-free and vegan.

You can also make cashew cheese, which is very good!
    Best of luck!
  • glamazon
    glamazon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Myself, hubby and little guy (3 years old) just transitioned to a vegan diet. I definitely feel lighter and have more energy. I have 40 lbs to loose and I know eating this way will help me. I now just need to watch my calories every day, which MFP is making really easy. I would love to have other friends here that are vegan. Please feel free to add me.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I responded to this already, but I am
  • tiastasia
    tiastasia Posts: 1
    Options
    Trying to~ an encouragement is welcome..
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for nearly 30 years. I should be vegan because I'm supposed to give up dairy for sinus problems but can't quite get there. Cottage cheese, cheddar and eggs are staples of my diet!
  • inraptorswetrust
    inraptorswetrust Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me! I was vegetarian for almost a decade and I've been vegan for a little over a year now. My main motivation is animal rights and welfare, though the health benefits are definitely a plus :)
  • MaxsVeganMama
    MaxsVeganMama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i justt recently went from vegetarian to vegan! best choice ive ever made
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Entering my second week of veganism now. Any and all, please feel free to add me. I'd love to have more veggie friends!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I call myself a strict vegetarian, which for me, means I generally have a vegan diet, but don't like to call myself vegan, since I don't embrace the lifestyle as I would a religion. Feel free to add me if you'd like (anyone).

I would say the same for me.
  • msgremmy
    msgremmy Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm vegan, too. It's nice to see others :) I've been for about 13 years and was vegetarian for four years before that. ...I was a young vegetarian.
  • rkk1
    rkk1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    98% vegan for about three months now. I got stuck & had chicken nuggets yesterday at a friend's little girl's birthday party and felt sick as a dog. Just remember, there's as much vegan crap as non-vegan crap; focus on whole foods & you will be one healthy girl!:smile:

Vegan is more of an ideology, not just a diet. If you eat meat, even on occasion, I'd probably call you a 'flexitarian'... as that is probably a better descriptor. I just wanted to mention this to be fair to the vegans, as most are really passionate on the idea of the values towards animals, not just the diet... and couldn't eat meat, not even occasionally.

I have been 99% vegan for the last 6 years or so.... with honey being the only exception in my diet. But I prefer to call myself 'strict vegetarian' to most, as it's probably a truer reflection than using the term 'vegan' (even though I'm way closer to vegan that the typical vegetarian as I haven't touched dairy and eggs in a really long time). I'll only refer to myself as vegan if I'm worried that someone will serve me dairy or eggs if I mention being a vegetarian.

I know... all these labels get confusing sometimes. :ohwell:
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Been some sort of vegetarian/vegan for almost 25 years. I am currently vegetarian who eats eggs and the occasional yogurt (though I'm going to cut this out again, I hate dairy). Anyway, there are a bunch of us here. Welcome, you can add me if you like.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Me me me! I've been vegan for about 5 months now and am loving it!
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for almost two years and am currently transitioning to vegan! For animal welfare but the way I feel is a great plus. (:
  • Arsinoe87
    Arsinoe87 Posts: 16
    Options
    Trying my hand at being vegan.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to make today the first day of a new vegan lifestyle. I have some B-12 and iron supplements and I am using the Vega WHole Food Health Optimizer for protein and nutrition. Also just ordered the Vega Vanilla protein powder. Saving the planet one animal at a time.

I just recently bought some of the chocolate Vega protein. I like it because you don't have to buy a separate green. It's all incorporated into one shake.
  • dyskras
    dyskras Posts: 54
    Options
    Vegan here and would love to have more friends on here for inspiration!