Anyone inspiring to be 100lbs or lower?

Options
13»

Replies

• soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    and, also, y'all trigger other people with ED issues with this stuff. I think it's irresponsible to be posting and supporting EDs. Let's support health, not slow suicide via self hate.

Well said.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    ugh. The gilr I said didn't look too unhealhty is talking in another forum about how she is scared to eat more than 1000 lbs because she might get fat.

FAIL.

(your very cells need calories to funciton)

What's ANA??

*edit* i did totally mean 1000 cals,. not 1000 pounds. She'd be wise to not want to eat 1000 pounds a day :)
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    ugh. The gilr I said didn't look too unhealhty is talking in another forum about how she is scared to eat more than 1000 lbs because she might get fat.

FAIL.

What's ANA??

Pro-ana refers to the promotion of the eating disorder anorexia nervosa. It is often referred to simply as "ana" and is sometimes personified by anorexics as a girl named Ana.[1] The lesser-used term pro-mia refers likewise to bulimia nervosa[2] and is sometimes used interchangeably with pro-ana.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options

FAIL.

What's ANA??

Short for anorexia. There's a whole language ANA/MIA is anorexia/bulimia....There is a whole subculture of them here.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

Pro-ana refers to the promotion of the eating disorder anorexia nervosa. It is often referred to simply as "ana" and is sometimes personified by anorexics as a girl named Ana.[1] The lesser-used term pro-mia refers likewise to bulimia nervosa[2] and is sometimes used interchangeably with pro-ana.

That's ridiculous. Right up there with NAMBLA.

Well, more protein to feed my muscles, I suppose ;)
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This tread is going to blow up.....

I can see it. Lol.

Agreed.... Of course you can't come onto a fitness/health announcing EDNOS as an inspiration. People are really going to express their opinions on this one.

Trolling? Because surely someone can't be that oblvious to think people wouldn't take issue. If she is serious, I'll just say this; I've been there, it's horrific. You'll be miserable and ill. Sure, don't believe it and don't listen, but it's ABSOLUTELY true - your brain won't have the capacity to be anything but miserable, confused and depressed. It's science. You'll lose the fat, you'll lose the muscle, but you won't be happy because you'll start losing your brain cells too. I understand the overwhelming need to stay on your chosen goal but I truly hope you get some perspective, and at the very least have the good grace not to encourage disordered behaviors on a HEALTHY EATING site either. Sure my goals aren't always logical or healthy, but that's why I'm here, catch me on a bad day and I could easily get wrapped in this. MFP shouldn't be a place for triggers.

Sorry, rant over. I don't mean to sound harsh. And I hope that one day you'll see past defining yourself by double digits.

Either trolling or she needs serious psychiatric help. I hope it's trolling.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    Hoping to find people who are aiming for the same sort of weight goal as me.

Add me. :)

Okay there's a lot of Chinese whispers going on here!!
    I'm NOT 'asking other to 'join me'
    I'm not 'unhealthy'
    I'm not 'pro-ana'
    And I'm not underweight.

People are reading other comments and misleading others!!

All I wanted to know was if there was anyone else who wanted to be 100lbs or lower, whatever your height!
    Just asking.
    So much drama over a simple question..

(And yes, I did mean 'aspiring' not 'inspiring'.)

:smile:

Underweight: you said you are 5'5" and before you locked your page it said you weighed 115. BMI =19.1 Not underweight.
    Your goal is 100 lbs. BMI would be 16.6. Underweight. You aspire to be underweight.
    You asked if anyone else has the same goals and to friend you- this could be interpreted as asking others to join you.

The pro-ANA thing is where I think you have a problem. You admit you have an eating disorder (NOS, of course). But you want to LOSE 15 lbs to BECOME underweight. And your inspiration (which I saw when I looked at your page) was to see bones. Your quote, which I saw when I looked at your page, said something about eating not being chanel. So...well, sorry hon. It looks pretty pro-eating disorder to me.

..which only pisses me off because eating disorders ruin lives of people I love. And because I struggled with it myself. And because it's so incredibly unhealthy. And frustrating to see. And if any of the little girls I know are influenced by people who promote EDs, I will go on a rampage of fury unlike no other.

That's all.
    :smile:
  • aimeelouisedaniel
    Options
    it should be locked by admin soon....they locked mine because i was eating only 600 calories and I was in no way asking anyone else to do it. This person is asking others to follow her...smdh, seeing every bone in your body is not pretty, just as seeing an 600 lb woman or man isn't pretty and neither one is healthy.

At no point have I EVER 'asked other to follow me'.
    Please don't ever accuse me of something like that.

I was only asking if there was anyone else. You can't even ask simple questions anymore..
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm locking this until I have some input from the admin team

Locked on the following grounds

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.