Whats friendly and whats a Gym perv ?

Options

Replies

• Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    The object of the gym for me is to get in and get out. I don't want to lose focus so I will wear my headphones the whole time.

Exactly this
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you think you're possibly being creepy, you're probably being creepy.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    I would think you can tell if the guy is trying to pick you up versus just being friendly. For me, I'm there to workout and normally just say "Hi", "Good Bye", "Have a Great Day", "Good Morning", etc... and don't spend a lot of time chit chatting. I sometimes feel like I'm rude because I don't know many people's names but see them outside the gym and wave, smile and then get the look from my wife and "who was that?" She now realizes I may know the nice lady, gentlmen or couple but never really know them more than from the gym and maybe if they do more weights or cardio.

So I'm guessing I'm wierd, but I try not to get all up in people's faces, especially young ladies as I never want to be though of as a creeper! Just MHO.

Am much the same...
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Talking to someone to the gym is like talking to someone on the MFP. Its just a tool to get you in better shape and you can opt into being social. A Perv is someone that wants to turn something social into something personal.
  • BazAbroad
    Options
    The object of the gym for me is to get in and get out. I don't want to lose focus so I will wear my headphones the whole time.

Exactly this
    thats me too, have to take them out when someone speaks 2 me,,,,
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I cant get away from the pervs that live here!
  • SaintsK
    SaintsK Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will talk to pretty much anyone that talks to me, but for the most part I haven't been faced with anything more than a "hi".
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It depends on timing.. if someone starts to chat me up when I'm obviously in the middle of and trying to concentrate on sets... then No, go away.
  • BazAbroad
    Options
    I make it a rule not to even try to chat up gals in the gym, last thing I want is a bad atmosphere in there, that's my safe place.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options

If the person is good looking/cute then he/she is friendly

If an ugo, then perv/creeper
    Hahaha, totally made me think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVuAGFcGKY
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm OK with friendly, and wouldn't automatically consider someone a creeper unless they gave me a reason to. I have had experiences with 70+ year old creepers at walmart that told me, in great detail, that my dress had lifted slightly in the back while I was selecting veggies from a bin and that my panties were very pretty and made them think 'wonderful thoughts' about me. To me, thats major creeper alert. If someone just says 'Hi, what weights are you using? Are you trying to lose weight, tone up? Whats your age?" I wouldn't condemn them right away.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    At my age there isn't much possibility of someone trying to pick me up at the gym. BUT, there was that very young and hot guy a couple of years ago. He now lifts with my husband.:laugh:
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    At my age there isn't much possibility of someone trying to pick me up at the gym. BUT, there was that very young and hot guy a couple of years ago. He now lifts with my husband.:laugh:

I have a hard time believing that!!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Rule #456

Headphones/Earbuds in means no approach and no conversation.

Rule #457

If you approach and he/she removes headphones/Earbuds then conversation is requested.

Rule #458

Don't stare you look like a retard.

For the rest of the 2,367 rules please request from my web page www.pervsatgym.com (Not really a page just wanted to save you the time)

Marcello
  • Swissmiss
    Options

Which part? The part about him lifting with my husband or the fact that he even tried to pick me up?:bigsmile:
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options

Which part? The part about him lifting with my husband or the fact that he even tried to pick me up?:bigsmile:

I can believe him lifting with your hubby, now the other part makes me wonder. :flowerforyou:
  • GurvD
    GurvD Posts: 32 Member
    Options

If the person is good looking/cute then he/she is friendly

If an ugo, then perv/creeper
    Hahaha, totally made me think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVuAGFcGKY

LMAO. I have found this to be completely true.

I try not to talk to women in the gym because then they will realise I am a creeper. In the gym when I see someone in great shape I want to look at them. Women and men. I don't mind anyone talking to me in the gym for any reason though.
  • Swissmiss
    Options

I can believe him lifting with your hubby, now the other part makes me wonder. :flowerforyou:

Just wondering...is this sarcasm? If so, then disregard my friends request.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    My gym instructor had the balls to chat me up during my workout, he offered me a lift home... i politely declined... went in the next day... he tried again :) for his sheer determination i thought i'd give him a chance, we have now been together a month now and i couldn't be happier with how things turned out! If someone puts them self on the line for you you should at least have the decency to give them a chance :)
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I would assume that any guy talking to me at the gym was just making conversation. A guy did speak to me recently about my program to do pull ups. I mentioned that the weight I was using at the time was half my body weight and he looked at me and said “Surely not, you look as though you weight a lot more than that" . If that was a chat up line it wasn’t good!