Join me for a challenge?

Options
I'm taking a psych class at school right now, we are doing an assignment to change 1 bad habit. I chose my serious lack of exercise.

For 30 days I have to exercise to burn 500 cals a day. Today is day 1, I just did 1.5 fitness DVDs I stopped at 504 cals because I was tired and wanted to go make dinner.

I'll check in everyday to let everyone know how its going. I'd love to havesome company in this or any other goal similar.

Replies

• sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hey stef!!! i am with ya lady :wink:

so my bad habit is kinda related to yours......it's a lack of stretching :angry:

i used to do yoga everyday and being a massage therapist i constantly am telling my clients to stretch

but i just can't seem to get in the habit of it again :noway:

anyway i have been wanting to set a goal of at least 10 minutes a day. i know that's not much but i am

more concerned with making it a daily occurence and figure i can build on time after it becomes a habit

so let's do this!!! 30 days??? i'm in. if you have any helpful tips on habits or really anything interesting

from psych class please share. :blushing: i miss being in school and getting lots of cool

info :flowerforyou:

good luck to us !! i will post here and you too. we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I like you. Just thought I would throw that out there:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok I will try.

I will do 20 minutes of some sort of exercise each day
    (besides my 4 reg workout days)

:glasses:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I have a serious lack of exercise as well :ohwell: I'll join! :smile: Glad I'm not alone!

I'll start tomorrow - I'm already in my pjs tonight. :tongue:
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Got mine in today - 794 calories burned on walking. I will join you.
  • enjoylifewi
    Options
    :happy: I just lost 9.5 pounds in 27 days -- but did it with eating healthy. Now I am ready to get moving!
    I will join you!!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad lots of people will be doing this with me!

I'm nervous because if I miss 1 day even for illness I need to start over at day 1. Eek!

I decided to set my ticker to what I've lost since joining MFP and it was surprsingly nothing.

I need to also control my eating and only eat what MFP allows.

Well I need to write a few essays today. Thanks for doing this with me guys!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Got mine in today - 794 calories burned on walking. I will join you.
    Wow, good job must have been a LONG walk.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Day 2 522 calories burned.

the 794 was burned on a 5 and a half mile walk and 30 minute treadmill walk

today's 46 minutes on treadmill. might walk more later but I accomplished the 500
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I could use this, lacking motivation since I caught the crud.
  • barbara12
    Options
    I'm taking a psych class at school right now, we are doing an assignment to change 1 bad habit. I chose my serious lack of exercise.

For 30 days I have to exercise to burn 500 cals a day. Today is day 1, I just did 1.5 fitness DVDs I stopped at 504 cals because I was tired and wanted to go make dinner.

I'll check in everyday to let everyone know how its going. I'd love to havesome company in this or any other goal similar.

I will join you in that challenge!

:flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    Options
    :bigsmile: I burned my 550 yesterday & felt like a new person when I was done - I mean, I was a hot, sweaty mess but it was great! :smile:

Tonight...we'll see. :laugh:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Yesterday I only managed 150 :(

So starting at day 1 today :(

hopefully I get this done!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Yesterday I only managed 150 :(

So starting at day 1 today :(

hopefully I get this done!

:noway: We start over if we miss a day? Eeek - this is quite the challenge.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Day three done - 550 calories
  • usmcosprey
    Options
    500 calories is an awful lot! Good luck to you. I can only mangae about 150 form walkng my dog, but i know that I should get more. i think i will try add more in gradually. You have motivated me!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    :bigsmile: Day 2 -- 502 calories. Who knew I had 2 days in me?!?! lol we'll see about day 3. :laugh:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Day 1(slow starter) 550 calories
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm in! I need the kick in the pants to start working out more!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    stef, because you got me thinking I have incorporated 20 min walks into my day. My computer has been crashing for work and the stress was unbearable. NOW I get up, deep breath and walk to the end of the street, or put my headphones on and dance around the house.

It clears my head and reduces my blood pressure.

Thanks for the challenge>

I know you can do this!!!:flowerforyou: