Star Wars, Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica?

Options

Replies

• Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    Old school Star Trek, Star Wars and BG.
  • Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    Star Trek because...BORG.
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like Star Trek old and new, but if I had to pick a side it would be Star Wars. LOVE SW! Firefly is AWESOME as well!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Star Wars, duh!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I...can't....chooooose!!! Dr. Who (all), Stargate (all), Battlestar Galactica (new). My Hubby would say Star Wars. I never really liked Star Trek. But I will enjoy the occasional episode my hubby throws on the TV.

Long live the nerd.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Star Trek ( the original series and the new movies)

Captain Kirk was the biggest space pimp of all time.

Love it!

I also think Captain Janeway kicks @$$. Just sayin'...
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't spread it around, cuz I want to keep this quiet.

I have a thing for all three. I think Star Trek wins out, though.
    1. I got a lot of makeup tips from the first Star Trek.
    Kirk was always sportin' some hot eye liner and Lt. O'Hara took it to the next level. I think that, coupled with her all around hawtness is part of how she got promoted to lieutenant commander... or maybe it was because she was actually good at her job.
    2. I learned how to be a cranky old man from "Bones"
    No one can pull off the grumbles like that guy. He should have starred in Grumpy Old Men as his ST character.
    3. I discovered that it was possible to never grow old.
    Lt. Chekov always had a strange boyish charm about him. Also, I am convinced he was in The Monkeys.

BUT it's not just the original series that rocks....For instance, in The Next Generation
    1. I had a crush on Captain Jean-Luc Picard AND Worf.
    Picard was a strong, smart commander. He wasn't a slut like Kirk AND he knew how to be romantic. Win Win!
    Worf was like a confused little puppy that had no fear. Grrrrrr.....
    2. Laforge was a cyber recycler! He used a banana clip as an optical device! Genius!!
    3. Data was the only man you could turn off completely!
    That's also part of what makes it sci-fi cuz we all know that men are always a little turned on...even if only by a breeze. Right?

I have many more reasons why Star Trek rocks, but I don't want to overwhelm your brains with too much rockness. :wink:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Star Trek because...BORG.

Resistance is futile...
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Star Wars. I actually love the books.. especially the one's where they have continued the story. the Timmothy Zahn series "Heir to the Empire" was especially good. Worth the read if you want to find out what happens after.
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Battlestar Galactica, because it's just frakking awesome.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    As a kid I was Star Trek over Star Wars... didnt see BSG until I was an adult (both versions)... However, at present my favs are Dr. Who, Stargate SG-1 then atlantis (universe was to dark for me), Farscape for the win and also Lexx for the humor.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Star Trek is by far the best.

Star Wars WAS good but only in a very limited capacity and George Lucas lost his ability to self edit and tell a story decades ago. Gene Roddenberry was able to pass on Star Trek successfully to others.

Battlestar Galactica is good in its own way but it is ultimately a downer and too bogged down. I thoroughly enjoyed the prequel Caprica and consider its cancellation unfortunate and one season premature.

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    win_sector.jpg
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't spread it around, cuz I want to keep this quiet.

I have a thing for all three. I think Star Trek wins out, though.
    1. I got a lot of makeup tips from the first Star Trek.
    Kirk was always sportin' some hot eye liner and Lt. O'Hara took it to the next level. I think that, coupled with her all around hawtness is part of how she got promoted to lieutenant commander... or maybe it was because she was actually good at her job.
    2. I learned how to be a cranky old man from "Bones"
    No one can pull off the grumbles like that guy. He should have starred in Grumpy Old Men as his ST character.
    3. I discovered that it was possible to never grow old.
    Lt. Chekov always had a strange boyish charm about him. Also, I am convinced he was in The Monkeys.

I have many more reasons why Star Trek rocks, but I don't want to overwhelm your brains with too much rockness. :wink:

LOVE THIS!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Gene Roddenberry was able to pass on Star Trek successfully to others.

Two words. Scott Bakula.

I win.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    win_sector.jpg

Yus!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Too much?

fapfapfap.jpg?w=720
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hard to compare

1. BSG - The new BSG, not the old 80's crap. Best and most interesting character development. Awesome storyline. Easily the best.

2. Star Wars. George Lucas is not a good director, he ruined most of the films. He was in the right place at the right time. Not that he is terrible, but the BSG team put together a way better product on a shoestring budget.

3. Star Trek latest movie was the best Star Trek ever. All the series were ok, watchable. But good entertainment.. not sure about that.
  • Jadzea42
    Jadzea42 Posts: 20
    Options
    The latest BSG series was the best ever for me. Best Sci fi series ever on TV! The latest Star Trek movie was Awesome too.Ranks up there with the second Alien movie ( Aliens) for me. I would rank all Star Wars movies last , except for maybe The Empire Stikes Back.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    1321150933373155.jpg

Bones and the Doctor both = :heart: