over 300

Options
kariannk
kariannk Posts: 60 Member
hi i am really lacking the motivation to do anything, i feel it is hopeless when i am as big as i am. the success stories on here are great, but is there anyone that is over 330 pounds and losing or lost it, i just need something to hope for to help me see that it can be done.

Replies

• julyjiggle
    Options
    Hey there,
    I am not 300 pounds, but I don't know that it matters much. The deal is always the same. You have to start somewhere! So don't think of it as 300 pounds as a whole. But break it down to two work outs a week and 2 pounds. That is much easier to handle.
    I am sure you can find success stories enough on here, but you have to focus on becoming your own!
    If you want add me as your friend, I have only been at it for a week we can give each other a nudge from time to time!
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Kariannk - I started at 319 on April 8 of this year and am now down to 281. I use a number of motivational weight loss websites because I get good ideas and connect with different people on each one. I am following the nutrition and exercise plan and join in community discussions for motivation on LiveFit Revolution because it is working for me and it is free. Feel free to look over the site. I use the nutrition and exercise tracker on MFP and also join in discussions and pick up things to motivate me. I also just joined 3 Fat Chicks to check what's going on over there. Whatever you decide to do look for a life changing nutritional program not a diet. And if all you can do is walk for 5 minutes in the beginning it will be 5 minutes more than you did the day before. If I can do it so can you - be well and healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I started in Jan at 370, right now i am ready to break under 300. It can be done, it is not hard. All it takes is dedication. Follow the plan and log everything, get as much movement as you can(I did not say exercise) and you will lose.
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    check my last success posting out.....I started over 360 pounds it can be done hun.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It can feel overwhelming when you feel like you have so much to lose.

This is how I look at it...I don't shoot for the end goal, I think of it in increments. I do 20 lb ones and that seems more doable to me. I imagine how much better I'll feel with 20 more pounds off and then go from there.
  • anthonyfoote
    anthonyfoote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    By the time I weighed myself I was at 301 when I started using mfp. I know I had lost some before that. I wasn't 330 but I was darn close to 310. Right now I am down to 277 and still working on it. I delt with my weight a lot through my life. I was even one of the fat kids in school. Now looking back I wish I was still there. I have tried diets before and they worked for a bit but you know how it is. I really love using mfp because I am learning to make smarter choices. Learning what I can and can't have, whats better and whats not. When I first started I couldn't imagine getting under 3000 calories let alone the 2200 my goal was.

I am a vegetarian (yes 300 lb vegetarian) so I didn't have to worry about meat when it came to calories but I knew that cheese was killing me. I cut it out and bought a digital scale for my kitchen. Then I knew exactly how many calories I was eating. I weigh everything. I pick lower calorie foods. Instead of having eggs, i use the egg beaters. Instead of using prego pasta sauce I use hunts. I even looked at the calories of every pasta on the shelf to see which one was better. In my case multigrain beat whole grain because even though calories were the same it had more protein which seemed better than carbs.

Believe me there is light at the end of the tunnel. It doesn't seem like it and you seem hungry all the time. I get it. But now I'm to the point where I have to make sure to get enough calories some days. I can't eat half as much as I did before. To help you out look at things that are smarter choices. I have a couple I have to tell you, maybe will help you.

Snacks - check out regular air popped pop corn. instead of butter we use a little butter flavored cooking spray and that sprinkle pop corn cheese. Really low calories.

Meat substitute - Check out tvp or textured vegetable protein. It comes in little crunchy peices, when you rehydrate it with water at a 1:1 ratio it gets the texture of ground beef, but why less calories while still being high in protein. It isn't good to eat just by itself but mixed with a low cal bbq sauce or in spaghetti it is pretty good.

Best of luck, I hope this helped a little, if it did and you want you are more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I started at 378 and made it to 298 last week. You can do it it's not easy, but it's not hard either. I think it depends on if you are ready or not.
  • SlideboyxBrian
    SlideboyxBrian Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started at 330 pounds -150kg and have been seriously focusing on weight loss since the day after Christmas about 6 months ago and have finally made a BMI under 30 and I started at 42.3. I aim to loose another 33 pounds by the years end and have learnt a lot by reading and looking at this site over the last six months.I have a library of about 5 audio books I listen to over and over again to keep myself motivated. First 3 months I was too scared to seriously exercise but walking and bike riding everyday was a great place to start for me. Now I go to the gym, do outdoor fitness and go for long bike rides and runs. The feeling for me is really the best. The best thing is to set yourself small goals and reward yourself with a massage or a personal treat you like. You can do it, you deserve it and will be proud of yourself.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest i was 362 (2007) got myself down to 307 and was feeling reaaly proud of myself, then started to slip and got back up to 346. Thats when i started mfp march of this year. I have worked my tail off, going to the gym ( started out at 20 min now i spend little over an hour in there). I eat better and log everything i eat even if its 1 fry. I do not eat my exercise cals and work out 6 times a week. Today when i stepped on the scale it said 299. Thats a huge deal for me and pushed me even harder in the gym this morning. Even got up the nerve to jog on the treadmil. Very slow jog but it was a jog.

You can do this, you can lose the weight and be healthier. I read all the time about people on here losing over a hundred pounds right now i just want to get further away from 300. We can do this if you need a friend on here i am here for you. I have logged everyday for 90 days and will keep logging til my body tells me we are done.

So i am here for you as i am sure so is everyone else on MFP.

Today can be the start to the new healthy you. If you slip one day dont beat yourself up and just try harder the next day.
  • neffesther
    neffesther Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi there, I know exactly how you feel! I started at 330 pounds in January of this year. Last Friday I weighed in at 260.2 lbs, so it can be done! Hang in there, and add me if you'd like!
  • neffesther
    neffesther Posts: 55
    Options
    It can feel overwhelming when you feel like you have so much to lose.

This is how I look at it...I don't shoot for the end goal, I think of it in increments. I do 20 lb ones and that seems more doable to me. I imagine how much better I'll feel with 20 more pounds off and then go from there.

This. So this. It's how I got through my first couple of weeks.
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started at 441 lbs feel free to add me I am curently at 310 lbs and have 60 to go.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I started at 328lbs in September 2010 - and lost 100lbs by September 2011 - yes it can be done.....you just need to want it bad enough!!

For me it all clicked when I new why I wanted it - and I made it happen!!

Good luck - do it for yourself - it feels fantastic once you have done it :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/327447-i-don-t-have-a-goal-weight-i-have-a-goal-life
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If I can do it YOU CAN TOO!! I was 600 pounds back in sept 2009 even when i reach 300 i still had discouraging days that I couldnt do this...we have those moments...keep focused you will getthat weight off ;)
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I started at 510 and I still have another 100+ to go. As the amazing (and new to me - hi!) nsblue said above:
    we have those moments...keep focused you will get that weight off ;)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I started at 510 and I still have another 100+ to go. As the amazing (and new to me - hi!) nsblue said above:
    we have those moments...keep focused you will get that weight off ;)

This exactly!! I started out at 560 lbs. and losing 3 lbs. let alone 300 lbs. seemed next to impossible. But you take it one day at a time, continuing to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward and those days turn into weeks and before you know it your reaching those goals you have set for yourself.. Will you have bad days, most definitely I did even after losing a couple hundred pounds the fact I still needed to lose another 130-40 lbs. left me in a funk some days but I stuck to my one day at I time and am now very close to my end goals... It won't be easy but if you truly want it for yourself then you will do it.... Best of Luck...
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I started at around 465 (best guess) and weigh 316 now. My thoughts when I started were that if I lose 100 pounds I am still 365 pounds. Why should I even bother. What you find is that there is plenty of reason to bother. 365 pounds is a lot more manageable than 465. 316 is even more manageable than 365. The one thing I would recommend is to get rid of the notion that all you need to do is control your portion sizes. If you could eat less of the same foods you are currently eating, you wouldn't need to lose the weight. Switch up to more vegetables and snack on fruits. Eat leaner meats like chicken and turkey rather than beef, etc. You will find that these foods are more filling with fewer Calories than what you are most likely currently eating.
  • lisajuarez
    lisajuarez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I don't usually post anything on MFP, but I just wanted to let you know it CAN be done! I started at 330 in January and am currently at 254.8. It seems so hard when you first start, but if you really stick to just controlling your calorie intake you will start to see some results. I started with just getting used to eating less and eating healthier and 3 months later, after loosing 30lbs, I started to exercise. Stay positive and focused, this will be a long journey, but it can be accomplished!! Best of Luck!
  • johnodriscoll3
    Options
    Hey, I've lost about 75 lbs, but I started out at 270. BUT my buddy that inspired me and helped me along the way, he started out at 370, and he dropped 130 lbs. it took him about a year of dedicated diet and exercise, but the transformation is night and day. It's doable, and you'll never regret it.
  • Carissamr
    Carissamr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was 314 pounds when I decided it was time for me to do something about my weight...I found this site and have been eating better, smaller portions, exercising more and I am seeing results...as of today I have lost over 50 pounds...my main source of exercise has been bike rides and walks...my walks will be anywhere from 1 mile to 5 miles and my bike rides started out a 2 miles and are now up to 6.5 miles twice a day sometimes :) Just remember that no matter how discouraged you may get, you can do this...it just takes time and determination :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!