How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I was wondering how often everyone weighs themselves? I know some people that do it everyday and some that do it once a month. I tend to lose motivation if I don't weigh myself everyday.

Replies

• SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday or every other day. Keeps me accountable. If I see the number going up I know I need to kick my butt in gear and exercise and eat better. If Its going down I know I need to keep doing what I'm doing. But thats just how it works with me!
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and hate it when i can't. The fluctuations keep me on track and I find that I get a little lost without the daily accountability.
  • 27missmarty
    Options
    EVERY day!! usually when i first get up, before eating or drinking anything ;o
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning and post a progress photo on my Facebook weight loss album and measure myself the last Friday of the month. :P
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    The scale and I are not friends. Seems like no matter what it says (and I'm not kidding, it could even be an awesome #), I feel like it isn't enough and it just upsets me. I stay off of it as much as possible now.

I am going to continue to modify my behavior no matter what the scale says, no matter how slow or quick I lose weight, no matter what. Short term behavior changes will not allow me to keep the weight off.

I prefer to measure my success by means other than the scale as well. Measurements and endurance are huge indicators of how well I'm doing.
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day to stay accountable but only track on fridays and monday.
  • SVallatini
    SVallatini Posts: 49
    Options
    I avoid the scales at all cost. About the only time I weigh is when I have to, like at the Dr.'s office.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Several times a week.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Every day now that I'm at the point where I don't freak out about normal weight fluctuations. It took me a while to get there I must admit!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Every day, however with strength training I am training myself not to do that because it is not an accurate representation of my progress and just frustrates me.
  • Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    Weekly. Usually on Mondays. Keeps me accountable over the weekend.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Once a month
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I count my weigh in on Sunday as soon as I wake up as my "official" weight, but I jump on the scale almost every day just to see how things are going...
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Daily. I used to log only 1x per week, but I find it more motivating to log daily also. But, because I know it fluctuates, I didn't want everyone to congratulate me every time I had a tiny loss, so I turned off the alerts that tell everyone when I've lost weight since my last weigh in.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Weekly, roughly, either Monday or Tuesday.
  • nekochanpurr
    Options
    Every morning. If it stays the same for a week i'll change it in mfp. :)
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Once a week, unless it's tom, then I skip a week and a half.
    Measurements no more then every 2weeks.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, keeps me accountable) but only record changes (UP or DOWN)..
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Every day as soon as I wake up. I don't count when it goes up a little, I just track it when it goes down. But it lets me know if I need to eat lighter or get some more exercise.
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I believe it keeps me going also helps me know if I should eat a smaller meal. or if I am doing great then I can have a little extra treat.