• jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I run for Pinot.

LOL ^^^This
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I run an extra 10 minutes so I can have wine. Seriously.

And I run hard.

We are soul sisters.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    One glass is a joke. No thanks. That's not even worth the effort of pouring it. I'm not opening a bottle for one glass. Where I grew up, if you open the bottle, you finish it.

So, I find it better to not drink it, even though I love it. I'm trying to not drink at all right now. It's really hard.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I lost 40lbs and never gave up my wine! I did cut back A LOT, but never gave it up. So it is doable ladies!!!
  • LBPerkins
    LBPerkins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well alright then....I thought that I might be the only one tasting the grape...meals for me are just not the same as with wine...when I crack open a bottle and let it breath a little and smell that aroma, look at the color, and just let a small hit my tongue...oh gosh!

I'm a cyclist, however, I’ve been off for two years and just started back, so I’ll just pound the pavement a couple of extra miles, I’ll be "Riding for wine!"

Keep the feedback coming...this is very helpful...

The Wine-o
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    LOL I will not give up wine, I just plan my workouts and calories accordingly :-)
  • LBPerkins
    Options
    Hi Tiddle, i see that you're on the bike...how's the road been for ya?
  • sonniedee
    sonniedee Posts: 26
    Options
    I, like everyone else who has replied, love my wine and wouldn't give it up! I also factor in wine calories and make sure I save some for my glass or 2 a night or exercise more if need be!! En Vino, Veritas my friends!!!!
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    Same here! I just make sure it fits into my calories for the day. My dinner tastes better with wine, which leaves me feeling more satiated... so it's worth it for me :)
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiddle, i see that you're on the bike...how's the road been for ya?

Ha! I havent been on my bike in about 6 months.. I'm training for a marathon so all I've been doing is running. I went to a spin class last night and realized how much I missed it, so I might try and ride some more!
  • sdlyons91
    sdlyons91 Posts: 6
    Options
    Like everyone else, I could not, could not, give up my wine. All of the ideas mentioned here work for me too. The biggest is just planning my nights out and exercise ahead of time. Tonight I'm going for dinner. I made sure to go exercise and am already figuring out my balance of wine and food ahead of time. It works out!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love my wine! The only way I've been able to continue drinking it though is to limit to weekends. Lately this has been backfiring though because it makes me hungry for other less healthy options.

On the other hand, we have been able to build up a wine rack collection this way, since we're not drinking everything we're bringing in.

It's a struggling learning where to fit it in, but a delicious struggle.
  • LBPerkins
    Options
    Neverstray, did you replace your wine with anything, just gave it up or went to bed early? How are you doing it? Is it difficult to count it in as most others are doing? Just curious...
  • alli_dalli
    alli_dalli Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I have a drink problem.... last week I tried using the exercise bike while drinking a glass of red wine but its so tricky. Spills everywhere. You'd think they'd fit a wine glass holder onto the newer models of bike wouldn't you?!
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Ha ha, I have a drink problem.... last week I tried using the exercise bike while drinking a glass of red wine but its so tricky. Spills everywhere. You'd think they'd fit a wine glass holder onto the newer models of bike wouldn't you?!
    LMAO!!!! That would be brilliant!!
  • Julyfly70
    Julyfly70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love each and every one of you! Can't give up my wine. I'll give up cake, cookies, candy, even chocolate but not wine.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little and have still been able to drink one or two glasses on the weekends. I also would give up cakes, cookies, and other booze but not wine. I live in Utah so I'm not sure I can find the brands of wine several of you have listed (Skinny Grape, SkinnyGirl Sangria) but I'm certainly going to try! Thanks everyone! It's encouraging to know I can still keep the things I like and lose weight.
  • Amberjade27
    Options
    I love wine!!!! As with anything...perfectly fine in moderation. I have it on weekends or when out with friends and generally stick to one glass. I then savor that glass!! If it's super good, I may plunge into a second glass, but then make up the calories elsewhere! Slainte!
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    Not giving up my wine either...after drinking water all day you have to have something good to drink!! It's the new DESSERT!! Yum! I think tomorrow feels like a Wine Wednesday!! ~clink~
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Well, my screen name shows you how I feel about wine. I run to earn the cals to drink it :)