nurses and nursing students!

Options

Replies

• jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first year in the nursing program. I have one more year to get my BSN, that is if everything goes as planned! I hope to be close to my goal weight by the time I walk across the stage next year!!!!!!!
  • GwenRN50
    GwenRN50 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! I'm a nursing instructor. I teach basic nurses aide training. I've taught med/surg in an AD RN program previously. Feel free to add me :)
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    RN since 1978, ICU/CCU for the last 27 years. Lots of changes in medicine, but the patients are why we are here. Good luck to all of you!
  • ptrv12
    ptrv12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello there! I'm a new nurse graduated dec 2012 passed NCLEX in Feb. and just started working in med surg/oncology, had been working at a nursing home and I also work in a pediatric home health agency. I currently am taking classes for my BSN. I'm looking to get in shape and would love a support group to help me get in shape. I'd also love the support of the experienced nurses that can give me advice on my new profession and would love to be able to help out any student nurses. I know how tough nursing school but it'll all be worth it. Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi there working on my pre reqs for nursing, hoping to start the program next summer. Keeping yourself balanced is half the battle it is important to always have support as you can see we are all here :)
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'll say hello here as well. Class of 2013 for nursing. :) I'm also currently a PCT prn. It's tough to work while in nursing school. I used to work 24-36 hours a week without a problem, until I had my first set of clinicals and realized "holy crap, they expect me to read 200 pages a week for this class, memorize these disease processes, do care plans for these patients, and demonstrate these skills in a clinical setting on a real patient when I nearly killed the dummy practicing it?!" There weren't enough hours in the day while working that much. Haha.

Good luck to all the folks who are taking their NCLEX now! Statistically speaking, most of you are going to pass it! :D
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I start Nursing school this fall!! Excited and nervous :)
  • Srtasleepypants
    Options
    I am a nurse. Just started working night shift. I'm trying to adjust my eating. I feel like I'm doing ok with eating however, I'm so tired I never want to work out! I'm about tops as far as how heavy I ever want to be. Just trying to get some advice and maybe make the scale go the other way?
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    < Paramedic. Much cooler ;D
  • haddock21409
    haddock21409 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting school in August to began my pre recs to become a registered nurse. Would love some support and would be glad to offer my support as well!
  • chipanddip01
    Options
    I am a nurse and also just started this diet plan. Maybe we can keep each other motivated.
  • photochick85
    Options
    I'm a medical assistant/emt/going for my RN....add me if you wanna...good luck with nursing school!!!
  • chipanddip01
    Options
    Hi I am a nurse also, and I worked night shift for about 7 months. Seemed like the weight just packed on. I think it throws your whole body out of sink. Most of the nurses that I know that work nightshift have to really make an effort to stay on a strict schedule with their meals and sleep. I think nurses as a whole tend to eat alot at work due to the stress. That is what is making it so hard for me. I have to learn to say (No thanks)
  • JulieDive
    JulieDive Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse myself and starting back to school again next week working towards my MSN.
    I am having trouble as it is finding the time to exercise, I don't know how I am going to fit it in.
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm an RN. I've worked a few areas. Med/Surg, L&D, Neuro-Rehab, now long term care. Help! I'm just looking for my niche! I'm frustrated with my career choice. I know I'm an awesome nurse. I'm just overwhelmed constantly by the fact that there is NO TIME to be the kind of nurse I want to be everyday. Don't think I will be happy until I have an advanced practice degree. I often wish I would have chose a different career. Very often. Anyone else out there as frustrated as me????
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    < Paramedic. Much cooler ;D
    Hey now!
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Community nurse & health visitor. Love both jobs :)
  • nluera07
    nluera07 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am a nursing student also! Currently taking mental health (first clinical was yesterday). I work part time as an optician and have a 6 year old daughter. Life is very stressful right now and it would be awesome to hve some fellow nursing students for encouragement (and I will do the same for you)...I know this last year is going to increase my stress x100 and I really hope I can stay on track so that I can reach my goal before I graduate :-)
  • Parks0924
    Parks0924 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I am currently in nursing school. Feel free to add me. We have to stick together!
  • mecaseyrn
    mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow nurses!!!! I am a CRNP, previously trained in Trauma/Vascular Surgery, now working as a CRNP on an Orthopedic unit.......lets all encourage each other!!!