I seem like the only chick...

Options

Replies

• yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a goal of mine. I'm more interested in looking good in jeans or a hot dress
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think one pieces can be dead sexy compared to bikinis. Especially if you are on the more conservative side like i can be. My goal is to be toned and healtheir. Not necessarily getting into a certain size or outfit. Just to rock any outfit i want to wear and be active and enjoy outdoor activities again.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    A bikini, to me, doesn't just signify wearing little to the beach. It represents SO much more to me than that.

I used to have a great body when I was a teenager. Solid hourglass figure, large bust and hips, but I looked great. I also hated myself and who I was. I grew up in a horribly abusive home, where my mom told me repeatedly as my step dad beat me that she wished she had had an abortion. I didn't just live quietly, I hid from the world.

And inevitably, I had weight issues. I thought I was super well adjusted for having lived through that stuff, but I had no idea how horrible I was being to my body. Medical issues just exacerbated the problem, and I sank so low into a pit of self hatred and disgust that I wouldn't even leave the house until it was after midnight to go grocery shopping...lol. My poor husband stood by me through it all, and I can't imagine what he went through for those first few years as he watched my struggles.

Wearing a bikini and being confidant means the same thing as nude modeling to me (which I do occasionally). Every time I put on something new that I wouldn't have before, even if I'm not 100% comfortable, I am pushing the small confines of my comfort zone a little bit larger. It's proving to myself that I'm capable of a change greater than I ever thought possible. It means that I'm not the person that I was, and never will be again.
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Options
    A bikini, to me, doesn't just signify wearing little to the beach. It represents SO much more to me than that.

I used to have a great body when I was a teenager. Solid hourglass figure, large bust and hips, but I looked great. I also hated myself and who I was. I grew up in a horribly abusive home, where my mom told me repeatedly as my step dad beat me that she wished she had had an abortion. I didn't just live quietly, I hid from the world.

And inevitably, I had weight issues. I thought I was super well adjusted for having lived through that stuff, but I had no idea how horrible I was being to my body. Medical issues just exacerbated the problem, and I sank so low into a pit of self hatred and disgust that I wouldn't even leave the house until it was after midnight to go grocery shopping...lol. My poor husband stood by me through it all, and I can't imagine what he went through for those first few years as he watched my struggles.

Wearing a bikini and being confidant means the same thing as nude modeling to me (which I do occasionally). Every time I put on something new that I wouldn't have before, even if I'm not 100% comfortable, I am pushing the small confines of my comfort zone a little bit larger. It's proving to myself that I'm capable of a change greater than I ever thought possible. It means that I'm not the person that I was, and never will be again.

I'm sorry to hear about the earlier things. I'm happy for your success though. Great job! :)
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER wear a bikini again!! Not only because I have had two kids, but because of the scar that runs the length of my stomach due to the surgery after my car accident.
    I learned (the hard way) that exposing the scar to the sun only causes it to swell & itch because the skin is still tender (even after 23 years) & I will also not take the chance of getting melanoma (which I've had before) from getting a bad sunburn.
    So once I reach my goal weight, I will be showing my new body off in a 1-piece from now on.
  • amberleighM04
    Options
    My desire to be in shape has little to do with "rocking a bikini" (though it will be nice to feel more confident in one), but instead with being in great condition as I approach my 40's and middle age. I don't want to find myself unable to run a mile, plus the better shape I am in, the less asthma related issues I have.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Even in high school I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing a two piece that wasn't a tankini. To each their own though. I never really thought of myself as the shopping type or "that girl girl who is into her looks". But now I love to go look at clothes (yes even bathing suits) and I think it just comes with the loosing the weight package. You are not the only one out there. I have grown to accept my stretch marks and saggy skin :brokenheart: Maybe you and I were attacked by the same cougar?
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I just dont like bikinis.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options

I'm sorry to hear about the earlier things. I'm happy for your success though. Great job! :)

Thanks, hun! I'm much better these days. The last couple of years, and really the last six months since I started losing weight, have been the most freeing of my life. :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, OP, I'm not interested in wearing a bikini at all. I wasn't even interested when I was at a normal weight. It's not that I'm modest, I just like to be comfortable, and having to pull your bra up all the time sounds like a nightmare (I'm guessing that'd be the case for me because of my big boobs).
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are NOT alone...True story...my daughter is looking at my stomach and asks why I look like a zebra. I tell her they are my battle scars from being pregnant. She says "you had a baby zebra?????". You will NOT catch me in a bikini....ever
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I don't like "advertising" what isn't for sale :)

Exactly!!

The whole point of your thread seems very judgmental.

for me it isn't about being judgemental of others... I think that I personally prefer to remain modest... and the question was is a bikini your goal... different people have different goals... a lot of people want to feel good in a bikini... and sometimes I do feel like I am the only woman who doesn't want that... I have a very hard time because I like to dress modestly... and it is difficult to find clothes in ANY size that are modest but not amish...
  • scrappingchick72
    Options
    Me being "Bikini" ready isn't in my vocabulary. I want to get healthy. I haven't been in a bikini in well over 20 years (HS). I think I weighed about 100 pounds when I graduated. I'm self conscious too. My Dad instilled it in my brain that nobody sees your body. He was very old fashioned. He also believed I was a virgin when I got married at 31. Ha-ha.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in bikinis, I think one-pieces look better on most bodies.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am not a lady.. I don't even play one on t.v. However, I will say we do all have different goals ... that is one thing that makes this site interesting. Yes, you are right to say that many women are trying to rock a two piece... perhaps to capture a bit of a lost past... however, for me (again, not a lady), earlier in my life I wanted to lose weight and be skinnier but at the same time to build muscle... The way I went about it was all wrong However, this time around, I am not even striving to get to my BMI<25... I am actually shooting for a weight 25 lbs heavier than that.. simply because I realized that to be FIT I can actually be BMI=27 or 28 but have a body fat ratio of about 13-17 and look and feel better and actually be healthier than if I was a skinny fat... Best wishes on achieving your goals ... Congrats on being yourself!
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    The two piece is where its at. You can rock one at any weight as long as your body doesn't eat it.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie one of my main goals is to walk around in a bikini and not worry about a damn thing.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Honey, I rocked a bikini @ 9months pregnant. "Bikini Ready" is all a state of mind in my opinion. :wink:
    Here I am rocking it @ 6months along :drinker:

GTMOBELLY.jpg

And currently, I'd prefer to wear a one piece, simply for the fact that I want to swim HARD and that silly bikini never stays on properly for that. :laugh:

Darnit. Not sure how to resize that.... But you get the idea.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I myself am not into bikinis, I like the "leave it to the imagination" look, but if, and that is a Big If, I ever had a rocking body I might be persuaded to look into some of the monokinis out there (the tasteful ones). My thing is I love to play in the water not just show off, and I feel that in a bikini, I only worry about falling out (my sisters talked me into it in HS when I wasn't over-weight..hated it then too).

As for now, my goal is to get to a little less than my pre-children weight. I want to be in shape and tone. In college I never really cared for the gym, so even tho I was in shape I wasn't tone. I have been saying for years I wanted to lose the baby (plus some) weight, and for years my husband has been trying to find ways to motivate me. Altho my profile has it stated my goal is to make my husband speechless with my trasformation when he returns from his deployment, that really isn't a goal.

My goal is to be healthy, in shape, and tone! It just so happens that my husband's deployment and wanting to make him speechless give me the perfect deadline for my goal. It is said that a goal without a deadline is just a dream; this time around, I would have to agree with that statement. :o)
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as you, my weight loss goal never had one thing to do with a bikini. LOL I want to look good and fit, but after losing 96 pounds (and having some loose belly skin) not to mention having had 2 kids, my stomach will never look "proper" or at least to what my high standards are for wearing a bikini...and I don't really care.:ohwell: