Ok GUYS, answer me this....

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Toned = looks healthier
    Subjective. I think "toned" doesn't look as healthy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Bulky means fat over muscle and non defined. Muscular means defined with low body fat. A "toned" body is one that lacks visual muscular definition, but usually lower muscle volume as well.
    Nothing wrong with a muscular back. It's the level of bodyfat that totally changes how someone looks. Here's some pics to show it:

interview-tianna-ta_asm.jpgDefined muscularity

tianna_ta.jpgSame girl with more bodyfat and no muscle loss.

As you can see, bodyfat % is what makes the difference. Keep the muscles.

IDEA Fitness member

I ♥ when you post Tianna....she is so fraking perfect ♥

And I prefer the in-season look more than the off-season look too !
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I prefer the toned. I only read the first page and noticed all but 1 guy that responded agrees.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I didn't say anything about the actual pictures... I just look at the women who are sooo toned that their muscles bulge and think - MASCULINE. III would not want this for myself- however we all want different things and I would never bash someone for what THEY want for themselves. Just answering her request for honest opinions.

I appreciate your honest opinion!! I just want to know how people feel about this.

Not like I'm trying to change myself. I still know what I want for myself and will still achieve that. I am just curious as to if there are more people out there who feel the way my friend does than I think there are.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I personally want a nice defined look, but not body builder type. However if I looked like either of those pictures I don't think I would be unhappy.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    <
    back muscles.
    They don't look like that all the time. Unflexed I look like any normal gorgeous woman. But now my *kitten* is better too.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    If I had to pick I would say somewhere in between the two, but since that wasn't what you asked me, I would have to say skinny girl over the muscular one. I just don't want a girl that's so in shape that she makes me look like peewee. I could never have a girlfriend with bigger muscles than me, that just kinda grosses me out. But I LOVE tone on a women just not SIZE. I love to see six packs on chicks, just not bulging ones.
    Tone = YUM, YUM

This I could not handle:

yuck2u.jpg

This I most definitely could: :love: :love:

femalesixpack.jpg
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    this is gonna sound bad but asking a guys opinion on what they prefer to look at seems a bit off to me. I certainly don't work my butt of to be oogled over. I would prefer a guy to like me for my personality not my body. I'm a smart, funny, witty, and fit person. I do my stuff for me and me alone. I know how I want to look and I don't give a crap what anyone else likes. I work for how I want to look and that's it!

Second, every guy has their own idea just like we women have different ideas of what our men should look like!

On a side note...I'm married and have been or nearly 14 years so maybe I have a different idea but still, I don't do this for him...I do it for me...he just gets the benefits of seeing me naked now that I look a WHOLE lot better than I did last year!
  • SgtMindy
    SgtMindy Posts: 53
    Options
    Back Muscles:
    tonedback.jpg

I want this!!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'll take what's behind door #1. I like my girls feminine and not looking like they're on roids.
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Your friend's just jealous.
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    <
    back muscles.
    They don't look like that all the time. Unflexed I look like any normal gorgeous woman. But now my *kitten* is better too.

I think I'm going to need a closeup picture as proof!
  • TheRUBENone
    TheRUBENone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    back muscles all the way look better then skinny bone back with no tone.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    Bulky means fat over muscle and non defined. Muscular means defined with low body fat. A "toned" body is one that lacks visual muscular definition, but usually lower muscle volume as well.
    Nothing wrong with a muscular back. It's the level of bodyfat that totally changes how someone looks. Here's some pics to show it:

interview-tianna-ta_asm.jpgDefined muscularity

tianna_ta.jpgSame girl with more bodyfat and no muscle loss.

As you can see, bodyfat % is what makes the difference. Keep the muscles.

IDEA Fitness member

I ♥ when you post Tianna....she is so fraking perfect ♥

And I prefer the in-season look more than the off-season look too !

That girl is absolutely gorgeous, geeze! But I prefer the soft and smooth look in the 2nd pic more, she looks more natural there.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I like back muscles and all....

but can the other backside take a good azz smack?

if so...I am in :love:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Gimme a girl with muscles. mmmm....

20231.jpg

AJ_Lee_27.jpg

beth-phoenix-15.jpg

What better place to turn for hot women with muscles than pro wrestling? :laugh:
  • omlax24
    omlax24 Posts: 31
    Options
    I like them all but I have to say I do like a little muscle
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I am not a guy but I am aiming for the toned look, I love how my back looks, I love lifting something and seeing my muscle definition.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    this is gonna sound bad but asking a guys opinion on what they prefer to look at seems a bit off to me. I certainly don't work my butt of to be oogled over. I would prefer a guy to like me for my personality not my body. I'm a smart, funny, witty, and fit person. I do my stuff for me and me alone. I know how I want to look and I don't give a crap what anyone else likes. I work for how I want to look and that's it!

Second, every guy has their own idea just like we women have different ideas of what our men should look like!

On a side note...I'm married and have been or nearly 14 years so maybe I have a different idea but still, I don't do this for him...I do it for me...he just gets the benefits of seeing me naked now that I look a WHOLE lot better than I did last year!

She just wants opinions. I don't care how nice of a person you are EVERYONE judges people to some degree on appearances. If they didn't they wouldn't discriminate between sexes based of their genitalia. Which means your husband could have been a women and it wouldn't even matter the slightest bit, because you married him for his personality....right?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I used to hate the look of a toned woman, I have changed opinion since I started toning up myself and I respect the work involved in getting that look...but I would take Miranda Kerr for a ride lol