Heart Rate Monitor with Calories Burned

Options
beefunk
beefunk Posts: 52 Member
I am looking for a heart rate monitor that tell me the calories I burned also but I do not have a lot of money to be spening on it. Anyone know of any decent inexpensive ones out there?

Replies

• beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my spelling errors.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 that I believe was under $100, maybe in the $60-80 range??
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT7 and LOVE it! I got it on eBay for $80 and I think they retail for @$110 at ****'s/Target.

For me, worth every penny as I'm always motivated to burn more, striving to up my calories burned to the nearest "quarter".(0, 24, 50, 75).
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Get a polar ive got FT4 well worth it !!!! don't waste money on cheaper versions of HRM they are not as accurate
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    I just bought a Bowflex watch HRM from Groupon yesterday for $10! Score!
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 from Drugstore.com for about $65 and I love it! I got the tan one...
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm on the FT4 bandwagon. LOVE mine. The main diff between teh FT4 and the FT7 is the amount of workouts you can store in it. The FT7 also lets you store workouts on a computer, online I think. From my understanding both are waterpoof and will like up to gym equipment. Both will also display your calories burned and even let you know if your heart rate is in "range".
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bodytronics.com polar ft7 or ft4 free shipping, cheapest I could find anywhere after doing research. I have the ft7 and love it but there are a lot of people with the ft4 that say great things about it also. Good luck
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 as well!

It's brilliant. I got mine on Ebay for £47, I think that's about $74.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Get a polar ive got FT4 well worth it !!!! don't waste money on cheaper versions of HRM they are not as accurate

Agreed! Don't waste your money on something cheap. Save up and get a good one! INVEST IN YOUR HEALTH AND YOURSELF! :bigsmile: I have a Polar F6. I've had it since I started my weight loss journey 4 years ago and with it I have managed to lose 100lbs!!!!! Love it!

Sara
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I personally use the Polar FT4 and it works great. I purchased it on bodytronics.com for under $65 (free shipping).
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I also have the Polar F4 ... Love it ! Amazon has good deals on it with free shipping. The difference between the F4 and F7 is the F7 is more advanced and not really necessary for the person who just wants the basic numbers. I did have a friend who uses the F7 on a regular basis and loved it as well. If looking to get the best investment for your dollar ... Polar F4 all the way !

:flowerforyou:
  • earthquick
    earthquick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. I was actually about to post a thread myself because I am always wondering how accurate it is. People on MFP are always complaing that exercise machines overstate the calories burned and yet my HRM is always higher than the exercise machines. Anyone have any input on this???
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You won't save any money buying a "cheap" HRM. I tried that! I bought a piece of junk from Walmart and ended up returning it 2 weeks later. I then researched what the best HRM was for what I wanted and needed. Everything pointed to the Polar Fit 4. I love it! I wear it swimming,hiking,shopping,chopping wood, digging holes,mowing the lawn, etc!

Best piece of workout equipment I own. Well that and my homemade kettlebell's that I made from laundry jugs and filled with beach sand.:wink:

Happy hunting!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Bowflex watch HRM from Groupon yesterday for $10! Score!

I saw that deal, and it's okay, but not the best. They are a lot better with the chest strap, as they monitor moment to moment. The Bowflex and similar HRMs only monitor however often you actually take the time to touch and sensor your HR. So if you take it while your HR is 160, and then you slow it down, it calculates at that 160 until you re sensor. During which time, you could have fluctuated a lot.

Still better than not having one at all... but I'd definitely opt for the ones with chest straps. Target has New Balance brand HRMs for 55-70 dollars and polar HRMs for varying prices.

I personally love my Polar ft7. I got it on http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/ <<< the code cm5 gives 5% off any purchase. It's always free standard shipping. The standard shipping is pretty fast too!

***it appears I was given bogus info when buying mine. :) Both the ft4 and ft7 can be changed by the user. Maybe it's another polar that has to be sent in. I was also looking at a few that have the double digit numbers after. ;)
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm also aboard the Polar FT7 bandwagon. Don't waste your money on other HRM's out there to save a few $$. I also have a Timex HRM, which is fine for displaying your HR, but it WAY overestimates calories burned - like double what I actually burn. My Polar HRM is the most accurate so it's well worth the price.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    def polar is the way to go i think theres a cheap one at 50 bucks
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options

^^ bingo! I also have the FT4 and love it!
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Like many other people have already posted, I recommend the Polar FT4 as well. I absolutely LOVE it!