SPORTS BRAS FOR LARGER BREASTED WOMEN

Options

Replies

• tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm 38F, I use an M&S sports bra. These give me just the right support, firm control, but a little movement so they don't look unnaturally still, but I don't get black eyes anymore. :wink:
  • akplanegirl
    akplanegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they have the size but I know a great one called the Ta Ta Tamer from Lululemon.com

Loved it, I used mine when I was breastfeeding as my tata's grew quite large. I use it now that they have gone down considerably and it is still just as comfortable. About $60 or so but so worth it!!!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Once you're over a certain size, two sports bra's seem the way to go, because I've never found one that works by itself to really hold the girls when jogging.

Bra #1 goes on first (and I normally pick one that is slightly snug) then I put my normal size on top. Works well for me. Good luck.
  • herwitsend
    herwitsend Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You will never regret purchasing Enell. They are more expensive ($50-70), but are more durable. I am a 40G and really struggled with lower back pain with even the slightest activity level. After Enell, that all changed. They really strap them in and keep the strain off of your back. Highly recommend.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
    40G here and I RUN!! This bra is the only sports bra I would buy. Don't waste you time on the others.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • DeNic522
    DeNic522 Posts: 21
    Options
    Definitely check out enell - so worth the money! Finally a sports bra that holds the girls in place!
  • kssnyd65
    kssnyd65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I am always looking for a supportive sports bar!
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I need this for later! I have one sports bra that is OK, just OK. I got it at Kohl's. I haven't been able to find another in any store for a relatively low price, so once cash flow is a little better, I am splurging on a few good sports bras!
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am a 38E and got mine from JCP last year. It has a zipper up the front and works great. Will look at the Utah site mentioned earlier though. Getting time for a new one.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    I just bought two new sports bras from Barenecessities.com after a ridiculous amount of research. I'm a 36GG, so we are practically the same size (although with your 38H, you have more options than I did...). The two I bought were the Panache 5021 and Shock Absorber B4490. I. Friggin. Love. Them.

Now, unfortunately for us and our Girls, we have very few options for wire-free sports bras. Underwire sports bras are not uncomfortable, which was my greatest fear, and definitely not the most difficult sports bras I've had to get into. I actually didn't notice the wire once I started to work out.

The Panache one is my favorite bra. Practically ever. I also have a couple of their regular ones, so I was relieved to see their name associated with a sports bra. The first time I went out walking with the Panache, I decided to do jog sprints. AND IT WAS AWESOME. No ka-thug-ka-thug weight dropping with every step. If there was some movement, it didn't deter me from my sprints. This bra can withstand almost any high impact aerobic without much trouble.

The Shock Absorber is a really good one as well, but I haven't put it through the ringer yet. I feel really secure in it, though, so I'm sure it'd do a better job than most. I've been kind of obsessed with the Panache, so I can get back to you on this one if you'd like.

Here's a link for you to aid in your search: http://www.barenecessities.com/38H-Sports-Bras-Bras_catalog_nxs,31,size,997,style,31.htm

Oh, and the comments women leave on the products are excellent and well informed. I used them in narrowing down my options. Good luck!
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump. SO HAPPY YOU ASKED THIS!!!! Im only a DD and I still have problems jumping around without stretching my boobs to their limits lol
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing multiple bras and compression tanks and still have movement you're wearing the wrong bras (or the wrong size).

Please look into some of the other options listed here. The correct bra really is essential. I speak from experience. The year I took up running and lost 50 pounds I was wearing cheap champion bras. They fit OK and would have been fine for light yoga, but my boobs bounced everywhere running and even walking and they haven't looked the same since. I didn't lose a cup size when I lost weight but they are saggier than they ever were and I know a big part of that was not wearing a proper bra.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort has done wonders for me...
    I HATE sports bra's.... but this one has been great...It keeps the girls in place without smashing me to bits and making me look like I have a uniboob... LOL.
    Very comfortable and very secure. Made running fun for me instead of painful.

Good luck with your search. Try nany on to get the right fit for you.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    whoa! I thougt this said 'sports bars for larger breasted women' And I was like, well, I can think of a few! :tongue:
  • tmarshallmoudy
    Options
    try Essential Bodywear for all your bra needs! They are affordable and they put those twins where they belong and hold them there in the workout bra. These are the only bras I will wear and they last a long time. tried all they others and there is no comparrision.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. I wear a regular bra (that I use only for exercising) with a tight sports bra over it. And sometimes a compression tank with 'build in bra' (HA!) as well. I think the only thing that would prevent excessive bouncing would be duct tape.

I do this too! But i've been researching better ways! Glad I found this. Maybe one day I can find the perfect bra! :sad:
  • AggieSigner
    AggieSigner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Check out Layne Bryant's website and see if there's a store in your area. If there is, I'd recommend going there, because they have a good selection of bras, not only online, but also in-store, and they also will measure you. My mom gets most of my bras and hers at Layne Bryant, and I think they also carry sports bras.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I found this website to be helpful in choosing

http://www.bigbustsupport.com/best_sports_bra.html