I like BEER!

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    When I drink I drink good beer. Its going to be 200-300 calories. But I'm only having one or two.
    not a whole 6 pack of BMC (bud miller coors).
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I do TOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I drink it. I just make room for it.
  • hdroddy
    hdroddy Posts: 122
    Options
    Most beers are probably in here. Just add it to your log and account for it.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i would be more concerned with your calorie intake for the week, and maintaining that goal, then getting worked up on a day to day basis. if you have a deficit, drink up!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I Love BEER, and drink it often. I always count the amount of beers I have and log them into my diary. I make sure I compensate when I plan on having more than 3 beers. I do this by running the before I drink and eating fewer calories that day. Of course I have my moments, where I go to the pub and get silly drunk and eat a bunch of bar food, in those situations I just stop counting, and enjoi the night. Then I regret it the next day :drinker:
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't always drink beer but when I do, it's Dos Equis.

Is that because you are "the most interesting woman in the world" ?:tongue:
  • amoro04
    amoro04 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love my beer, but I've been trying to cut back since it's just empty calories and carbs. If you're trying to cut back on calories, but still would like a drink, liquor is the way to go. But, if you still need your brewskis, then just account for it by eating lower calorie food, or hitting the gym a little longer.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Drink up! Account for the calories. I personally like Becks Light. Nothing like a good German beer, and only 64 calories...leaves room for the shots of jagermeister!

BRILLIANT!

I drink beer, and even have a place for it in my food diary. I average 1 beer a day, which is actually good for you. They say 3 pints a day is good for you, anything over that, it starts to go downhill and the benefits from beer (several B complex vitamins, reduces the incidences of kidney stone formation, improves blood circulation, has Flavanoids, silicon, etc).

STAY AWAY FROM LIGHT BEERS (only exception is Amstel Light, Beck's Light, and Sam Adams Light). All other light beers are TERRIBLE for you. Worse than full flavored beers. IPA's, hefeweizens, wheat ales, and doppelbocks are the best styles for you to consume, in moderation.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I probably drink beer everyday....nevermind I do!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I say if you can work it into your daily cals then have it! If not steer clear. Alcohol is technically just empty calories. I love beer and wine, but don't drink all the time. If it doesn't fit into my daily allowance I won't have it...simple as that. :-)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    beer is good, beer is good, beer is good.....and stuff \m/
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I save my exercise calories specifically so that I can eat and drink what I want on the weekends.

That being said...Yuengling Lager Light is just 99 calories.
  • superaimz81
    Options
    I struggle with the same issue. I love my beer and that is one thing I am not willing to give up! I enjoy it way too much, swimming, camping, going dancing out for girls night, it's all about having fun and letting loose for awhile. I do hate knowing how many calories each bud light I consume has but if I know I am going to be drinking, I do try to eat super healthy beforehand because honestly after so many drinks, I end up raiding the fridge in the middle of the night and by then, counting calories is the last thing I'm doing! I simply work out extra hard over the the next few days and keep my calorie intake super low, that seems to be working for me. Never the very next day....that's usually when I'm nursing a hangover! ;) Maybe it would be wise for me to make a healthy plate beforehand and place it in the fridge so it's ready for my late night, drunken prowling! There's something we both could try!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I haven't had any alcohol for 3-4 months, but I enjoy a beer/drink every so often; mostly with dinner. My favorite is Shiner Bock. If you haven't tried it, do so. It's made in small town Shiner, TX.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I usually have the spare calories after I exercise, so drinking those exercise calories back seems like an ok plan to me. I won't punish myself with light beer. I've also gotten into drinking whisky, so an ounce or two of that which I savor slowly is only 100 calories or so.
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    :smile:
  • mel5989
    Options
    I struggle with the same issue. I love my beer and that is one thing I am not willing to give up! I enjoy it way too much, swimming, camping, going dancing out for girls night, it's all about having fun and letting loose for awhile. I do hate knowing how many calories each bud light I consume has but if I know I am going to be drinking, I do try to eat super healthy beforehand because honestly after so many drinks, I end up raiding the fridge in the middle of the night and by then, counting calories is the last thing I'm doing! I simply work out extra hard over the the next few days and keep my calorie intake super low, that seems to be working for me. Never the very next day....that's usually when I'm nursing a hangover! ;) Maybe it would be wise for me to make a healthy plate beforehand and place it in the fridge so it's ready for my late night, drunken prowling! There's something we both could try!
  • mel5989
    Options
    Great idea!
  • mel5989
    Options
  • mel5989
    Options
    not quite so sure how to do this "quote" thing yet??