deep fried cheeseburger

out watching game 4 last night with some friends and one announced a dare - that someone eat the "Soon to be famous deep fried cheeseburger". The guys were wusses and not taking on the challenge, so I said I'd do it. I mean, I jumped out of a plane and competed on a dare, why not?

Only, when it arrived, I immediately regretted accepting the challenge, I mean, what if I had a heart attack? Gained weight? Lost my abs?!?

I only ate about half and tossed some of the breading, but I attempted the challenge and that's really all that mattered. I can say I've done it, but much like jumping out of a plane, will NEVER do it again. It was kinda gross and not worth the anxiety it caused. Oh, and I didn't have a heart attack, didn't gain any weight and didn't lose my abs, lol.

543165_296308920464813_2134425497_n.jpg

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    hmm, no bun, so it's probably pretty healthy :laugh:
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    gross
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    I see potatoes, onion, tomato and lettuce...that's a salad with some chopped meat...what's the big deal?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member

the bun is inside - the enitre thing was fried
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

whoa damn. did they literally deep fry it with a bun, or just bread & deep fry.

i feel like i can smell it from here, but i think someone a few cubicles down is eating fried chicken
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Wow...never heard of a deep fried cheesburger before but have seen where so many things are now deep fried. I think it is cool that you took em on and did it :drinker: You go girl!!! Just looking at the darned thing would make me gain 5 lbs, lol. I am dating a guy who can eat any darned thing he wants and not gain a pound. Many years ago, I could have done that but not now.

whoa damn. did they literally deep fry it with a bun, or just bread & deep fry.

i feel like i can smell it from here, but i think someone a few cubicles down is eating fried chicken

the entire cheeseburger was battered with that monte cristo (?) batter and fried.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    I think I would have passed on that. But good for you for not backing down from a dare!
    I think I would have passed on that. But good for you for not backing down from a dare!

very little in life scares me.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    You know what goes good with a deep fried burger? Deep fried desserts

Menchi-katsuBurger
    A combination of the choicest ground beef and,pork mixed with chopped sautéed onions our blend of spices,then coated with Panko bread crumbs, and deep fried till golden and crunchy.Served with arich brown sauce nestled on a brioche onion roll with red leaf lettuce"

2012-03-01%252012.23.19.jpg

Deep fried cheesecake

2012-03-01%252012.35.59.jpg
    2012-03-01%252012.37.46.jpg

Deep fried PB Twix

2012-03-01%252012.35.49.jpg
    2012-03-01%252012.36.57.jpg
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,052 Member
    Oh hell over here we have deep fried chocolate bars..in friggin BATTER!!!!

Deep fried is the cheap way to cook at the takeaways so deepfried burgers are nothing new....

*sigh*
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Being from the deep south, I'm used to seeing just about anything and everything battered and deep fried...... fried Oreos, fried pickles, fried asparagus, fried pound cake ..... but this may actually be a first for me. I should have known, though, that there was one out there somewhere.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 441 Member
    Our state fair is known for deep fried butter on a stick. I just don't know if that can be topped.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Our state fair is known for deep fried butter on a stick. I just don't know if that can be topped.

:sick:
    Oh hell over here we have deep fried chocolate bars..in friggin BATTER!!!!

Deep fried is the cheap way to cook at the takeaways so deepfried burgers are nothing new....

*sigh*

maybe it should be noted that I'm *supposed* to be prepping to train to compete again, so trying to give myself a heart attack is new to me...
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    I had a deep fried snickers bar once.. tasty for the first bite or two.. way to much after that.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I'm from Wisconsin. I would have simply inhaled it.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    San Diego County Fair this year has fried cereal, bacon wrapped chocolate and a litany of other fried weird things. And anything you can think of on a stick.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    You know what goes good with a deep fried burger? Deep fried desserts

Menchi-katsuBurger
    A combination of the choicest ground beef and,pork mixed with chopped sautéed onions our blend of spices,then coated with Panko bread crumbs, and deep fried till golden and crunchy.Served with arich brown sauce nestled on a brioche onion roll with red leaf lettuce"

Deep fried cheesecake

Deep fried PB Twix

Yes please!
  • Fried Oreos are the best fried thing on the planet next to fried coconut shrimp, lol.