Are all sins equal

Options
Enonoid
Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
Are all sins equal? Is commission just as bad as omission? Is murder just as bad as stealing a pack of gum?

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Obviously not
    How is stealing a pack of gum that bad in comparison to murder?
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I don't think so..

Because check it:

Telling a lie burns less calories than coveting your neighbor's wife...or killing someone.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Reasoning sin is a very slippery slope. Very slippery. Like water on a breast slippery.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yes , for the most part they are but their a 7 sins that God really hates and considers an abomination to him. I've not read that chapter yet in the bible. I know we at times tend to want to put them in catorgories small, medium, large. or this sin isn't as bad as that one. but the reality is sin is sin. there is no such thing as small, medium or larger sins. just like theres no such thing as a little white lie either.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    Reasoning sin is a very slippery slope. Very slippery. Like water on a breast slippery.

Very well explained :drinker:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    In before the lock.
  • neverstray
    Options
    Yes , for the most part they are but their a 7 sins that God really hates and considers an abomination to him. I've not read that chapter yet in the bible. I know we at times tend to want to put them in catorgories small, medium, large. or this sin isn't as bad as that one. but the reality is sin is sin. there is no such thing as small, medium or larger sins. just like theres no such thing as a little white lie either.

You say that with such authority. Impressive.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

hahahaha
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Inb4lock.gif
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options

Depends on if they are fake breast or not..
    You know you can only snort coke off a fake boobs cause real ones are too slopey lol...:wink: so I am assuming the same applys to water..
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    In-Before-the-Lock.gif \m/
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Depends on if they are fake breast or not..
    You know you can only snort coke off a fake boobs cause real ones are too slopey lol...:wink: so I am assuming the same applys to water..

right... so hookers and blow is a good thing. *nods* gotcha.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Are all sins equal? Is commission just as bad as omission? Is murder just as bad as stealing a pack of gum?

You can return a pack of gum (assuming you didn't eat it already), but you can't restore somebody you killed to life, so I'd say severity is determined by the ability to correct the situation. Omission is tricky because we never know the repercussion for things we *failed* to do. We'll never know the good we might have done, the influence we might have had, the lives we might have touched.

If there's a God out there, and I admit I am a firm skeptic at this point in my life, I assume that there still has to be some measure of mercy along with the required justice. Our brains are just too limited to know the right thing to do in *every* circumstance we encounter.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't think so..

Because check it:

Telling a lie burns less calories than coveting your neighbor's wife...or killing someone.

how many calories does adultery burn cause I have been on the fence...but if it will get me to goal weight i might have to go for it?
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    they really shouldn't lock threads things on things like this its really not necessary unless its full of bashing.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    they really shouldn't lock threads things on things like this its really not necessary unless its full of bashing.

READ

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Inb4lock.gif
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    My approach is this, I do the best that I can knowing that I will stumble and at times fall. But I'll stand up and I will keep going. I can't afford to look to my left or right to see how someone else is doing, none of us are running the same race.

In the same way, our scale is not the same...we measure ourselves differently and cannot say what is greater than the other.
  • neverstray
    Options

Blah, blah, blah, breast or blah..
    blah, blah, blha boobs blah blah...:wink: balh, blah, blah..

What? Say that again.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I don't think so..

Because check it:

I honestly just had coffee almost come out of my nose! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.