Would you tell?

Options

Replies

• ChanniVincent
    Options
    I would tell the one being cheated on. It's their right to make an informed decision in their relationship. The person being cheated on may also have health risks they have a right to know.

Same !
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Not my business or right to get involved.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Stay the hell out of it and run as far away as possible. Getting in the middle of a relationship is *never* a fun place to be.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    dontshoot.jpg
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

That's Right!

no-snitching_design.png
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It really depends on my relationship with all involved.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Gotta say something.
  • hpoowalker
    hpoowalker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Heck no I don't tell. I don't get involved in other people's relationships. It often times backfires. I would tell the cheater I know.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    that is a tough one. I found in some friends when I tried to tell them they either didn't believe me or they accused me of wanting their man because I am single. which was not the case. I would have to know them a very long time and be pretty close with them for me to mention it. honestly its really not my business to tell.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've been on both sides of the fence. Both are damaging. So just ask if it's worth the scars.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate getting into other people's business, I would most likely say something. If the situation was turned around, I would really like someone to tell me.

I agree completely.

Plus, there is so much more to this than just lying. The cheater could bring home a number of diseases to his/her partner. Then **** would get real.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    One of my besties has been having affairs quite a bit. Although I do not agree with it and feel bad for her spouse, I do not feel it is my place to judge or say anything. It is her life and whatever happens...happens. Karma can be nasty and those who choose to do things will have to face the consequences. She is my friend regardless and I will not rat her out or judge her for her decisions.

In the meantime, she puts her husband at risk for STDs, embarrassment, and heart-ache.

^^Exactly.

This again!!

And there is never a "legit" reason to cheat. Someone is in an abusive relationship? Walk away. Someone is already being cheated on? Walk away. Don't cheat.

Also- if you don't tell, and some how the cheated on finds out- how do you think that will bode for your relationship?

I'm not suggesting you tell. I'm suggesting you quit referring to a perpetual cheater as your bestie and get some new friends that, perhaps... deserve some respect and a loyal friendship. Because she doesn't.

She isn't cheating on ME so yes, she is still a good friend to me. It's best not to get involved in other people's business.... it will always come back to bite you in the @ss!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would definitely tell.
    I have been in the position of being the one cheated on and I sure as hell wish someone would have told me that my ****ing d**k of a hubby was messing around with some stupid wh$$$.
    Thanks that's all!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    So on a side note to the whole "side chick" topic. If you knew a couple and you knew one of them was cheating (had been for a significant amount of time, one night fling, whichever).
    Would you tell the other person in the committed relationship?
    Would you talk to the one cheating to try to get them to stop?
    Or would you do nothing?

*kitten*. I hate this. Per the bro manual, I'd have to keep quiet. But, i might try to drop very subtle hints. Like, "Hey, have you looked at your cell phone bills lately. Mine was unusually high". Wink, wink. IDK, it's a tough road. When you're friends with both, it's hard to be in the middle of it, and then if she finds out you knew, ugh! Sucks.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I would probably say something to the person being cheated-on if they were a good friend of mine. .... It would be better to tell them before they find out themselves and find out that you knew all along that the person was cheating on them...

If it was my good friend that was cheating...then I wouldn't tell anyone.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'd probably speak to the cheater, and ask him/her to please be responsible for his/her actions. Like someone above mentioned: STD's are a big deal.

I'd never tell the person being cheated on, because it's not my place.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

That's Right!

no-snitching_design.png

snitches get stitches!! HAHAHAHA
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would never put myself into somebody's affairs- marital or extracurricular.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I will add that I'd freely voice my opinion to the cheater...but that's it.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SHHHHHHHHH

Playa rule # 4: deny DENY deny deny and DENY that you are denying :devil: