A poll: How often does your family eat out?

Options

Replies

• Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Once every couple of weeks. And it's pretty much one of three restaurants. 1. Vietnamese 2. Indian or 3. Thai.

Cheap and cheerful, tiny places that serve pretty authentic food that I try and try but can't replicate at home :)
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    We eat out 0-2 times per week.

Meal planning makes all the difference in the world.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    It depends on the busyness/general stress level. If it's a busy time, we could eat out once, maybe twice a week (plus Fun Friday and if we're out doing errands together on the weekends). When things are pretty stable, we eat out on Fun Friday, maybe on the weekend.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    At least 1-2 time a week (usually during the weekends).
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We only eat out twice a month sometimes 4 if I am super busy and don't have time . I do what I can to get dinner on the table because I know how many calories are in my meal and if we just plop ourselves in a resturant sometimes I make rash unhealthy decisions that I end up paying for in the end
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    once a month, maybe? Sometimes less, and then we have times that are a little more--two or three times a month. We simply can't afford eating out much. Too much money, especially when I crazy coupon to save money on groceries. I feed all seven of us for just a few dollars a meal at home.
  • Becka_D89
    Becka_D89 Posts: 60
    Options
    we go out to my FIL's every weekend to eat, but he home cooks from scratch everything and is super healthy. Actually DINING out, once a year? unless someone else takes us out for an occassion, we go out for our anniversary, but thats it throughout the year, unless there is a major birthday or a wedding or such :)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    A couple of times a month. We don't do fast food. We'll order a pizza occasionally. Otherwise, we go to a sit down restaurant.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    As a family, the average is probably once a week.

I get breakfast every weekday at work - oatmeal, cottage cheese, fruit
    and occassionally lunch from the salad bar.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Breakfast/brunch once or twice a month, dinner once or twice a month. We eat at restaurants less now than we used to, plus we used to order pizza at least once or twice a week.
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A couple times during the week and a couple more times on the weekend! Me and my boyfriend are not good cooks and don't enjoy it, so after a long day at work, we often call out for pizza or go get something. On the weekends we end up eating out with our friends. I do try to cook more are home and I no longer go out for lunch nearly as much, which has helped a lot with calorie intake. If I could just learn to enjoy cooking (and cleaning up afterwards!) then maybe I would do better!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Too damn much - At the beginning of this year I was cooking awesome homemade healthy meals every night ---
    then spring/summer school stuff and sports hit (damn the tiny humans) so we have games/practice 3-4x a week and with my husband and I both working FT we eat out at least 2x per week plus weekends once or twice because of being out/about...and I wonder why the scale hasn't moved in over a month....booo
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Saint and I often dine out with family on the weekends but that's typically, when we're behaving, the extent of it. Never during the week nights and once in a while when we go out to lunch together. I'll say two times a week on average
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    About once in 2 months, plus our anniversary.

quite an eye opener to read how many people eat out so very often. I guess it keeps the restaurants in business . . .
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 times per week, sometimes more.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Like once every two months.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My husband and I recently started celebrating Date Night Thursdays where we usually go to a nice (and usually new) place. We maybe eat out one other time during the week, unless we have company or are traveling and then it's more often. We cook or grill at home together often.

I used to eat lunch out 5 days a week :blushing: now, maybe once every two weeks - I make and pack myself a lunch every morning. I think is is probably the biggest contributor to my healthier lifestyle!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    We eat out 0-2 times per week.

Meal planning makes all the difference in the world.

This is so true!! And in our house, it needs to include posting the plan so that whoever gets home first can get dinner started.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Once a week. I don't cook on Saturday nights. We usually have Chipotle or Flame Broiler, yummy! We don't go out to restaurants anymore except for special occasions.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    My family usually goes out to eat around 2-3 per week (usually on the weekend). They go to places like Sonic, BK, Wendy's, etc... Usually, I go to a place called Muscle Maker Grill which has healthier and delicious food and beverage choices so I am there while they are getting their food.
    Muscle Maker Grill? That's owned by pro bodybuilder Victor Martinez right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yes it is!