BUFFALO WILD WINGS

Options
13»

Replies

• munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    research nutritional value of their food, or similar food and know ahead of time what you are going to order that way you have a plan of attack.

This. And if you REALLY want to try the wings then just try them! (honey bbq is amazing) and go for a long walk/jog or hit the gym the burn off any calories you dont have room for :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I get the Naked Tenders, and then pick a sauce so i can dip it instead of it being drowned in it.
  • RUNHARD262
    Options
    It's OK to splurge once in a while...jesh.

My suggestion is to be really good the day before and afterward and just enjoy yourself. I think its silly to go to BWW and then eat a salad????

Why even go.

I would PRE-ENTER what you WANT to get and figure out the rest of your meals the day before the day of and the day after.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I work at a bdubs 40+ a week and as far as healthy goes...not so much....naked tenders are ok but you don't get much...order what you want....ask for a box and put half in the box and set on the floor. When you leave grab the box. There is always room to enjoy life in every diet ;)....ps tip your server well!
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    OM Gosh -- ask for help making the right decisions at BW3's and embrace myriad responses...

A wise move is always to google any chain's nutrition guide ahead of time, vs. asking the waitress or less focused MFP respondents. This way you know before you get there, what to order. I did this once for BW3's and went for the naked wings, which were terrible. This place is a haven for high fat bar food that they hope is masked by all of the high priced alcohol or wing sauce.

The Armstrong article is also very cool. Nice touch whoever introduced that to this thread.

Friends don't let friends eat bar food.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you can finish 6 blazin without taking a drink of anything and under a certain amount of time they're free. Hope that helps.

It's actually 12 in 6 mins no water, napkins or silverware and you get a t-shirt...but still pay 0.o
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Tips get the garlic parm buffalo wings .... they are BANGIN!!! o and yeah have fun ;-) a few wings is no big deal

Those are my fav !!!!!!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    If you can finish 6 blazin without taking a drink of anything and under a certain amount of time they're free. Hope that helps.

It's actually 12 in 6 mins no water, napkins or silverware and you get a t-shirt...but still pay 0.o

you get a shirt for that? I can do that with my eyes closed, I order a half dozen every time I go there, I eat hotter things everyday
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Since I am from Buffalo and frequently get wings...BWW does not compare to wings from Duffs or Anchor Bar. However, when not in WNY and getting wings BWW is actually a good option. I would recommend taking a cheat day and enjoy yourself. Oh, and hot, medium or mild is the only way to have wings.

I could really go for some wings now
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    BEWARE the naked tenders everyone is talking about. Take one look at the sodium on those and you will understand. It's 570 mg per tender. Seriously, 8 of them is like 250% of your daily recommended amount. I got them just yesterday thinking grilled chicken was ok, then I looked them up and prayed it was a misprint. After an email to BWW...it's not a misprint. So if u eat them expect some water weight.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It's ONE dinner, It won't throw you off track:) Just enjoy yourself and the time with your sister:flowerforyou:

^^so true. I agree. Enjoy yourself. If you're worried about it, just go a little harder at the gym that day.