Earphones for people with small ears?

Options
I have tiny ears apparently because even the smallest buds don't stay in my ears. I also can't stand the feeling when they suction into my ears. I love running with music so I can't hear myself huffing and puffing, but I'm always having to fix my earphones. Does anyone know of any earphones that are awesome for running that will stay in my little ears??

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have tiny ears apparently because even the smallest buds don't stay in my ears. I also can't stand the feeling when they suction into my ears. I love running with music so I can't hear myself huffing and puffing, but I'm always having to fix my earphones. Does anyone know of any earphones that are awesome for running that will stay in my little ears??

go to a best buy or something..they sell smaller ones.

and if you are huffing and puffing while running, you need to slow down.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    why not get the ones that go over your ears?
    or the old style where they go behind your head?
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    i have small ears to, i use the kind that goes over my ears and maybe a headband to hold them better if im running...sometimes it sucks havin little ears lol
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just bought some over the ear ones (Philips brand) from Sears. I had the same problem. Once I warmed up and started to sweat, my earphones would fall out. These stay on pretty well.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I just bought some over the ear ones (Philips brand) from Sears. I had the same problem. Once I warmed up and started to sweat, my earphones would fall out. These stay on pretty well.

These are great been rocking these for 2 years!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Most earbuds come with some adapters that will allow you to adjust for smaller or larger ear canals. I personally love the ones made out of memory foam. That's what I have now, and they work great. Got them at Wal Mart for cheap!
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    Ugh, I totally know where you are coming from. I too have small ear holes and can only wear the cheap earphones that Sony makes. The ones that go across your head. They are like $10 at Target. Not very glamorous, but they do the trick.
  • FakeSmilesHideRealPain
    Options
    you can always get the headphones that go over your ears they look a bit like hearing aids ?
    or maybe like base headphones depends if u wanna be discreet or not: x
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    These: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?is=REG&sku=757738&Q=&O=&A=details if you insist on getting earbuds and not over the ear ones.

I don't know why the ratings are low. I've had mine for about a year now and they are holding up super well/don't crackle or sound cheap. They come with three different sizes of earbuds and don't hurt my tiny ears. They fit snugly and ride well.

That being said, after about 20 minutes doing any cardio, they can start to wiggle out just from the sweat dripping down my face. And when it comes to that, I don't think there's much you can do when it comes to earbuds!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I personally love the ones made out of memory foam. That's what I have now, and they work great. Got them at Wal Mart for cheap!

I am going to have to check those out. Doesnt matter what size of the adapters I use, they either fall out or they bother my ear.
  • NittanyLion95
    Options
    Bump
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options

^^^ Me too!!!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Found some that work great at Academy- they are called bling ear buds. The little rubbery thing that goes into your ear is actually kind of cone shaped and not round so you just insert them in as far as u can and they stay!!! I love them and they were less than $10. Had them several months and they are still working great.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I too have small ears and was wondering the same thing.

bump
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Its so funny I was thinking this today at the gym I have never found a pair that fit my ears and I have bought all different brands and types. The over the ear ones are still too big never been able to find a pair that stay behind my ear they fall off, then the behind the head ones are annoying and uncomfortable, plus I workout with a friend and I wear one ear phone while we work out so I can talk to her and hear her when need be. The ones with the different adapters bother my ear canals. Never tried memory foam gonna have to buy some and see. Guess I'm taking a trip to Wal-mart.

Thanks for the help my fellow small eared friends!!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I had custom molds made (mostly because I'm a singer and rely on them)... But it's not very expensive to do and pretty easy process.
    I got mine from these guys http://www.earsound.com/

They have ones that fit on the iPod buds too.
  • fassblack1
    Options
    alteclansing.com has some great one for small ears and actually has headphones just for woman. Hope this help!
  • fassblack1
    Options
    alteclansing.com has some great one for small ears and actually has headphones just for woman. Hope this help!
  • dakota1978
    dakota1978 Posts: 11
    Options
    Urgh, same problem here, even the smallest won't fit and I didn't like the feeling of the memory foam buds. I ended up buying the ones that cover my whole ear.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I use old-school headphones. They make my ears sweaty. Gross!