Re-Watching the Lord of the Rings series...

Options

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I think he looks amazing any way he comes. Lol.
    Gosh I can't wait for the Hobbit.
    I'm a movie geek. (:
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Faramir.....oh yeah, I'm with you there!!!!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with Orlando as Legolas....don't much care for him in anything else. I've always had a thing for pointy ears and archery :D

I watch LotR about once a month....though will be waiting to see my husband again so we can watch through those. Then after the Hobbit comes out, we will have to re-watch all the Avengers themed movies before Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 come out next year.

As a rule, Orlando is a little too slender for my taste, but for some reason he doesn't look as skinny in LOTR as he does in everything else. Although, he did have some nice moments in the Pirates series, too (specifically, the final scene with him and Kiera Knightly on the beach). Be still my heart! :love:
  • jcstanton
    Options

Oh, yeah!
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Turn off the movies and think PBR ladies. :-)
  • christinet8504
    Options
    FOR REAL on the Legolas bit. Orlando Bloom was great in that part. AND, for some reason he seemed all cool and badas in LOTR but in everything else, hes kinda wimpy......it must be the hair.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Love the movies so much, I have an elven tat and my wedding poems are the Elven Love poem on them. And yes I also love Orlando Bloom, He is awesome!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    love love love :heart: LOTR and I love watching them back to back. Which reminds me i'm due. :happy: Ehhh for Orlando as a blonde...prefer him as a brunette.

I've finished the first two and am watching Disc 1 of Return of the King as we speak. It's the extended edition. If you haven't seen the extended version, I highly recommend it. There is nearly an hour of extra footage in each film that wasn't in the originals. I am totally psyched for "The Hobbit", not only because of my love for LOTR, but also because my latest celebrity crush, Richard Armitage, will be playing Thorin Oakenshield. Can't wait!

hmmmm I need to check this new one out...glad u posted . I have the blue-ray new versions but not sure if they have extended footage...have to check. :bigsmile:

Got 'em from Netflix. It was ALOT of trouble to get them (long story, don't really wanna get into the details), but I'm glad I did. I've really been enjoying it. It's like watching them for the first time all over again.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

His and Eowyn's scenes in the Houses of Healing were so....just beautiful. I wish they'd of done more with that.
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options

But that is one of the nits I do have about the movies--Faramir was way more noble and intelligent and would NEVER have taken Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath!! That part of the movie was just ridiculous!! And Frodo showing the ring to the Nazgul? Right! Then the mystery of whether the ring was being taken to Saruman or to Denethor would have been known by Sauron.

I am pathetic. Anyway. Carry on. . .
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Ohso much eye candy in those movies! I prefer Viggo Mortensen, but i wouldn't kick Orlando out of bed for eating crackers :laugh:

Love Viggo in LOTR, but he's kinda odd looking in everything else I've seen him in. He has some very sharp facial structure that was softened by the hair and scruffy beard in LOTR.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I just watched one of the trailers for The Hobbit and i'm goin for Aidan Turner who plays Kili yummmmm :tongue:
  • catshark209
    Options

But that is one of the nits I do have about the movies--Faramir was way more noble and intelligent and would NEVER have taken Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath!! That part of the movie was just ridiculous!! And Frodo showing the ring to the Nazgul? Right! Then the mystery of whether the ring was being taken to Saruman or to Denethor would have been known by Sauron.

I am pathetic. Anyway. Carry on. . .

Farfromthebookamir! Yeah that bugged me too.
  • Philis64
    Philis64 Posts: 27
    Options
    I can put these movies on just to hear them in the background. My favorite.
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this topic! And Faramir!! Can't get enough of him!
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    I just watched one of the trailers for The Hobbit and i'm goin for Aidan Turner who plays Kili yummmmm :tongue:

I just can't get excited over a dwarf. They're so . . . Subterranean. And too enamored of gold. Nothing to do with the whole height thing.
  • georgedarling
    georgedarling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am so GLAD to see other LOTRs fans. I posted as my favorite movie a while back and no one said a word! LOL!

I love Orlando Bloom as a blonde. He loved it too as the fans didn't reconize him. :)
  • catshark209
    Options
    Definitely the Rohirrim for me
  • jcstanton
    Options

Well, I got stuck on Richard Armitage when I watched BBC's Robin Hood series on Netflix. Fell in love with him as Guy of Gisborne. Also, the singing that was going on in the trailer? Totally Richard's real singing voice. :love: Makes me melt everytime I watch the trailer.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Have you all watched the behind the scenes videos for The Hobbit that Peter Jackson has done? You can find them all on youtube. Very cool information!