Re-Watching the Lord of the Rings series...

Options

Replies

• gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    LOTR is just an amazing film series...all of them are quality, and I never get tired of watching them. That's hard to say most films (9 out 10 in my book) I would love, love, love if they came out in the theaters again

My fave man in the movies--used to be Legolas now give me a side of Aragon covered in mud and I'm a happy lady!
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Farfromthebookamir!
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I am so GLAD to see other LOTRs fans. I posted as my favorite movie a while back and no one said a word! LOL!

I love Orlando Bloom as a blonde. He loved it too as the fans didn't reconize him. :)

Really? I must not have seen that one, 'cause I totally would have commented. Don't know if you realize this or not, but sometimes you have to comment on your own thread to get it bumped back up to the top of the list so people will see it. When the message boards are really active, threads fall down the list pretty quickly. So your thread can easily get lost in the shuffle before anyone else even sees it.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am so GLAD to see other LOTRs fans. I posted as my favorite movie a while back and no one said a word! LOL!

I love Orlando Bloom as a blonde. He loved it too as the fans didn't reconize him. :)

Really? I must not have seen that one, 'cause I totally would have commented.

Yeah me too!
  • Philis64
    Philis64 Posts: 27
    Options
    LOTR movies are great!!!!
    The books are 1000x better!!!!

true but it is amazing what Peter Jackson did to make LOTR. Especially choice of actors for each part. Love Elisha Wood as Frodo and Sean Aston as Sam. Liv Tylor is amazing in her part as well.
  • djphranq
    djphranq Posts: 18
    Options
    My preference is for women but if I were to 'switch teams' I could go for a little Karl Urban or Sean Bean.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I just watched one of the trailers for The Hobbit and i'm goin for Aidan Turner who plays Kili yummmmm :tongue:

I just can't get excited over a dwarf. They're so . . . Subterranean. And too enamored of gold. Nothing to do with the whole height thing.

It's not the dwarf thing that attracts me. I was over the moon for Richard Armitage long before I knew he was gonna be cast in this role. Not particularly attracted to dwarves in general, although I think Gimli is adorable...in a cute little puppy dog sort of way. LOL
  • MLB1969
    MLB1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ...in anticipation of the release of "The Hobbit". I LOVE these movies! Storytelling at its best, for sure.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Orlando Bloom looks yummier with long, platinum blonde hair? :love: Love me some Legolas! Opinions, ladies?

Legolas.jpg

Definitely yummier with long, blond hair!!!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Have you all watched the behind the scenes videos for The Hobbit that Peter Jackson has done? You can find them all on youtube. Very cool information!

I've watched some of them. Mainly the interviews with the actors.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    ...in anticipation of the release of "The Hobbit". I LOVE these movies! Storytelling at its best, for sure.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Orlando Bloom looks yummier with long, platinum blonde hair? :love: Love me some Legolas! Opinions, ladies?

Legolas.jpg

Definitely yummier with long, blond hair!!!

I think the leather and the hooded cape have something to do with the appeal, too. LOL At least, for me anyway
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm still contemplating going back to Best buy tomorrow to buy the complete LOTR extended collection on blu-ray for $99.
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    I just watched one of the trailers for The Hobbit and i'm goin for Aidan Turner who plays Kili yummmmm :tongue:

I just can't get excited over a dwarf. They're so . . . Subterranean. And too enamored of gold. Nothing to do with the whole height thing.

It's not the dwarf thing that attracts me. I was over the moon for Richard Armitage long before I knew he was gonna be cast in this role. Not particularly attracted to dwarves in general, although I think Gimli is adorable...in a cute little puppy dog sort of way. LOL

I just looked him up. I may have to change my mind about dwarves. They are, after all, exceptional warriors. HA!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Have you all watched the behind the scenes videos for The Hobbit that Peter Jackson has done? You can find them all on youtube. Very cool information!

ohhhh i can see a late night coming.....
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Great movies...thanks for the reminder. Yeah for something to watch! I prefer Aragorn though. I like my men with brown hair.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My preference is for women but if I were to 'switch teams' I could go for a little Karl Urban or Sean Bean.
    Ah yes - a little love for the delicious Sean Bean. Thought he was super hot in Troy, too. So many of the characters in LOTR are so hot in the movie and then kinda not in real life. Most of them are ordinary in real life, but my goodness do they go off the charts with the hotness factor in these movies.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm still contemplating going back to Best buy tomorrow to buy the complete LOTR extended collection on blu-ray for $99.

I got it at Amazon for a little less.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    love love love :heart: LOTR and I love watching them back to back. Which reminds me i'm due. :happy: Ehhh for Orlando as a blonde...prefer him as a brunette.

I've finished the first two and am watching Disc 1 of Return of the King as we speak. It's the extended edition. If you haven't seen the extended version, I highly recommend it. There is nearly an hour of extra footage in each film that wasn't in the originals. I am totally psyched for "The Hobbit", not only because of my love for LOTR, but also because my latest celebrity crush, Richard Armitage, will be playing Thorin Oakenshield. Can't wait!

ok, i'm a little slow but i finally found Richard Armitage as Thorin and would also confirm him as a definate runner in the hunks of LOTR :heart:
  • jcstanton
    Options

I just looked him up. I may have to change my mind about dwarves. They are, after all, exceptional warriors. HA!

Hahaha! I know, right? He's actually 6'2" in reality, so I'm curious to see how they're going to pass him off as a dwarf. LOL
  • jcstanton
    Options
    love love love :heart: LOTR and I love watching them back to back. Which reminds me i'm due. :happy: Ehhh for Orlando as a blonde...prefer him as a brunette.

I've finished the first two and am watching Disc 1 of Return of the King as we speak. It's the extended edition. If you haven't seen the extended version, I highly recommend it. There is nearly an hour of extra footage in each film that wasn't in the originals. I am totally psyched for "The Hobbit", not only because of my love for LOTR, but also because my latest celebrity crush, Richard Armitage, will be playing Thorin Oakenshield. Can't wait!

ok, i'm a little slow but i finally found Richard Armitage as Thorin and would also confirm him as a definate runner in the hunks of LOTR :heart:

You should see him as Sir Guy of Gisborne in the Robin Hood series on Netflix and as John Thornton in North and South (not an American Civil War epic, but rather about the cultural differences between the North and South of England during the Victorian era). Bow Chicka Wow Wow! :love: :bigsmile:
  • jcstanton
    Options
    This is the man under the "dwarf mask" of Thorin Oakenshield in the Hobbit:

RichardArmitage1.jpg

RichardArmitage2.jpg

And my personal favorite...(excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin)

RichardArmitage3.jpg