Find out when youll reach your goal weight!

Options

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This is pretty neat. I'm only 3lbs off of hitting my goal by the time I want to. Pretty darn close!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What? If you're set to lose 1 pound per week then just count the weeks... why do you need a web site to calculate this for you?
    It seems a little more complicated than that. It calculates the changing calorie needs and deficits as you lose weight. So if you weigh 250lb you need a certain deficit to lose 2lb, but if you weigh 125lb you would have different calculations. As you lose, your calculations change.
    Your calorie needs would change, yes, but as long as you maintain a consistent deficit your rate of loss should not change. It's simple math. Actually no, it's simple counting.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Cool.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump..im really interested in seeing it
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • muffinwench
    muffinwench Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for posting.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Great site!

Wish I knew of that before I lost the weight!

Good calendar motivation!
  • wendsong
    wendsong Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that is a keeper!
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What? If you're set to lose 1 pound per week then just count the weeks... why do you need a web site to calculate this for you?

You don't NEED one, it just presents the info to you in a nice little table. If your weight loss goal isn't quite as neat as a lb a week it's not as easy as that. I like how I can see how my weight loss will be affected whether I have 1200, 1300 or 1400 calories per day, it makes a huge difference and I like having this information easily accessible instead of doing a LOT of math. Also, the calorie amounts given by different websites vary hugely so it's nice to see what they recommend for maintenance after each little loss, because maintenance changes after each loss your deficit will change too so your weight loss isn't going to be a steady 1lb a week even if that's your goal.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    The deficit changes quite considerably as the weight goes down in line with new TDEE/BMR etc, so it isn't simple counting.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.

Apologies if this has been posted before! Found this and thought id share it on here as im finding it really useful! Its a calorie calculator really similar to mfps 'in 5 weeks you will weigh' feature, but tells you what your weight should be every week if you have a certain amount of calories per day.

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Hope it helps!

Thanks! This is really COOL and it gives you something to shoot for WITH CONSTANCY! And that is what is missing in Most Eating/Wellness Plans...NO One can Factor in CONSTANCY! That's why there are failure; the Science is Nothing without the INTANGIBLES, that's why we "play" the games...You can't measure the Heart of a WINNER/Champion no matter how good a team/person looks by the Numbers!

CONSISTENCY = What you do over and over ( Example: I was Consistently on a Diet and I weighed OVER 300 lbs for 10 years...How, Every week day I would eat according to a plan and every weekend I "Treated" Myself with Binging and Every Monday I started all over again!)
    CONSTANCY = What you DO, Day in and Day out (Systemically not Habitually). Example: The Drop of Water that drops (24/7/365 at 20 sec intervals ) on a 10 Ton Bolder and cracks it open! DO It and YOU WILL get a Breakthrough!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    It says I could hit my goal by January, this makes it seem less daunting. Who knows, gotta keep trying!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump..thanks!
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the interesting link :o)
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Checked it out and it seems very neat. If I can JUST stay on track every day it should be very spot on. However, Sundays are my "no track" day and I allow anything I want. May need to rethink that if I have an actual date I can look at :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing
  • victoriarose143
    Options
    Hmm nice. This time next year I'll weigh about 6 pounds. I don't think that's even possible
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    8 weeks at 1600 and ill be where i want to be hmmmmmmm
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

It seems a little more complicated than that. It calculates the changing calorie needs and deficits as you lose weight. So if you weigh 250lb you need a certain deficit to lose 2lb, but if you weigh 125lb you would have different calculations. As you lose, your calculations change.

it's not, really, more complicated than that. Your goals and your calories burned change along the way and you adjust with them. Why do people think math is complicated? It's not. REALLY it's not.

The calculations there are just AMORTIZATIONS, like interest on savings and loans!
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Soo I'll be 147 pounds by 2014...depressing!! lol