Eat Healthy; Get Fit; Lose 100+ New Group 11/9 - 11/15

Options
Sorry so late getting started. Please feel free to start this thread on the new week.

Kim

Replies

• ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks..

So, how did everyone's week go?
  • EllienLyla
    Options
    is this a group for people who need to loose more than 100 pounds? cuz thats me:)
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    yes.. it is... Welcome!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hey glad to see a new post

Welcome Asia
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    HELLO!!!! It's good to see everyone!!! My weekend was busy as usual. I did better on my water (for it to be the weekend), but it still needs improvement. I go to my nutritionist tomorrow so hopefully my scale will match hers. I weighed on Sunday and I was down 1lb!!! Its only a pound but I'll take it. I upped my workout to a full 45 min workout and its killing me:noway: !!! I'm doing the Firm workouts and its got me sweatin like a hooker in church!!! :laugh: :laugh: But I'm able to use weights that are heavier than I've ever used so I'm happy!!

Have a great day!!!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hey guys :smile:

Welcome Asia, and big congrats to Leshawn!!! Way to go on your loss!:drinker:

I've had a good week in one sense- my diet and exercise, as well as my water intake, were very good. However, I seem to have plateaued already and I am feeling a little frustrated. :grumble: I'll go to see my dietician tomorrow and see what she has to say, but until she changes anything I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope this stall ends soon. :ohwell:

Any suggestions on breaking through a plateau??? I don't think the dietician is going to drop my calories again, as she just did so at our last visit.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Great Job leshawn, 1 pound down is in the right direction.

mommamcoy, I think the only real thing to do is just keep going. If you walk, walk a bit faster. Or if you work out to a dvd add a walk a couple of days a week. I really think it has to do with uping the activity level. Are you eating at least some of your exercise calories because that is the other thing. If you are not eating enough it can slow that metabolism down. I personally am tired of losing less then 1/2 a pound each week. So I have added an evening power walk to my routine to see if I can bump that up to a pound and a 1/2.
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Firm workouts and its got me sweatin like a hooker in church!!! :laugh: :laugh:

WAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do the Firm too! They're killer!!!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Great Job leshawn, 1 pound down is in the right direction.

mommamcoy, I think the only real thing to do is just keep going. If you walk, walk a bit faster. Or if you work out to a dvd add a walk a couple of days a week. I really think it has to do with uping the activity level. Are you eating at least some of your exercise calories because that is the other thing. If you are not eating enough it can slow that metabolism down. I personally am tired of losing less then 1/2 a pound each week. So I have added an evening power walk to my routine to see if I can bump that up to a pound and a 1/2.

The funny thing is, it was after increasing my walks- both by speed and distance- that I began to slow down on the weight loss. However, I'm aware it could be due to multiple things- or nothing at all!- so I'm trying to just not worry about it. I have thought about adding in extra exercise, though. It can't hurt!

Good luck with pumping up your exercise! I hope it pays off BIG! :bigsmile:
  • steph1499
    Options
    Im so glad this group was started. :) I have lost 15 pounds so far and loving it. lol Im sticking to my diet. I am having a cheat weekend cause hubby and I are going away this weekend. Ok so its basicall a drinking and riding our 4 wheelers weekend. Im sticking to my diet till friday and then going to go back to it on monday. I wont be eating the calorie but drinking them. We sooo need this weekend though. Im glad to see everyone is doing well.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hope you have a nice weekend with your husband, I wished my husband and I could get a way just the two of us. We have 4 kids, if you could not tell by my screen name:laugh:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Im so glad this group was started. :) I have lost 15 pounds so far and loving it. lol Im sticking to my diet. I am having a cheat weekend cause hubby and I are going away this weekend. Ok so its basicall a drinking and riding our 4 wheelers weekend. Im sticking to my diet till friday and then going to go back to it on monday. I wont be eating the calorie but drinking them. We sooo need this weekend though. Im glad to see everyone is doing well.

Every time I say this, someone totally bashes me... buuuuut it still doesn't change my mind that having a cheat day once or twice a month is not only acceptable, but necessary for your mentality. I've even done a weekend thing like you before. Do you pay for it the next week? Yep. Does it set you back? Of course. But, when done very seldomly, it's sooo worth it. So work hard this week and then go have a great weekend! Don't worry- your diet will still be here when you get back. :laugh:
  • Shelley130
    Options

Every time I say this, someone totally bashes me... buuuuut it still doesn't change my mind that having a cheat day once or twice a month is not only acceptable, but necessary for your mentality. I've even done a weekend thing like you before. Do you pay for it the next week? Yep. Does it set you back? Of course. But, when done very seldomly, it's sooo worth it. So work hard this week and then go have a great weekend! Don't worry- your diet will still be here when you get back. :laugh:

I completely agree with you about the cheat days. Without them scheduled I tend to binge. I do better when I think to myself "you only have to make it to Friday". I do have trouble making them only once a week though.

My husband and I are starting a contest tomorrow of who can lose the most weight by Thanksgiving, only two weeks away! I've been seriously slacking the past month so I think I'll probably have a good number next week just in water weight. We haven't decided on a prize yet, any ideas?
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    My husband and I are starting a contest tomorrow of who can lose the most weight by Thanksgiving, only two weeks away! I've been seriously slacking the past month so I think I'll probably have a good number next week just in water weight. We haven't decided on a prize yet, any ideas?

Yea, a great giant slice of PIE!!!! :bigsmile:

Hmmm... the after-dinner clean-up goes to the loser? I know, even when I cook for just my little family, Thanksgiving dishes seem to be endless!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    i am with you all on cheat days. I have 1-2 cheat days a week. I need to go down to only 1. But it is what has kept me going for 8 months and down 41 pounds. I know it is a bit slow but it is in the right direction, could not have done it without cheat days.:laugh:
  • lids0578
    Options
    hi everyone your progress is amazing. keep up the water challange. last week i told you i went to yoga.
    the instructor and i talked about intense work outs, she brought it to my attention. cardio is good but it can also kick up the cortisol levels. She instructed to concentrate on breathing during intense work outs. I hadnt lost much weight since the intense work outs, this week i decreased to 30 min per day and did the breathing exercise and kept my pulse on the low end of intesity and have lost 4 lbs since trying this. I just wanted to share this maybe it will help you.

keep up the great work

kee213675.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counterp up the good work
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    hi everyone your progress is amazing. keep up the water challange. last week i told you i went to yoga.
    the instructor and i talked about intense work outs, she brought it to my attention. cardio is good but it can also kick up the cortisol levels. She instructed to concentrate on breathing during intense work outs. I hadnt lost much weight since the intense work outs, this week i decreased to 30 min per day and did the breathing exercise and kept my pulse on the low end of intesity and have lost 4 lbs since trying this. I just wanted to share this maybe it will help you.

keep up the great work

kee213675.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counterp up the good work

This is an interesting concept. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
    Congrats on your loss! Keep it up!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I totally agree on the cheat days or weekends even. I also believe they help your sanity and it keeps you from binge eating (at least for me it does)... still working on my water. I'm consistently getting in about 69 -74 ozs a day.

The deep breathing is something i've heard about but never tried. I'll have to try that.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good morning ladies, I am struggling a bit on the water the last couple of days/ well today is a new day I will do better. tom has paid a visit so I am not counting on a huge weight loss but I know there will be something tomorrow.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hi all. Bad water day for me. Think I'm about halfway to my goal, but my day's almost over. :ohwell:

Bad day in general, I guess. Has anyone ever been taunted for being fat WHILE you were very obviously EXERCISING? I mean, if you hate me so much because of how I look- then shut up and let me work on it! Geez. :mad:

Some people disgust me.

P.S. Sorry for the random thought... just something that's been bothering me all evening.