Gym-Goers

Options
2»

Replies

• gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I go whenever I can but usually between 7-8. I am usually there for an hour to an hour and a half. It took awhile to adjust to going at night but I cannot go in the morning. Like you, all of the hoem equipment I have is not appealing to me currently!

One thing that helped me was to shower at the gym. It's just easier for me than coming home, getting distracted, and not hitting the shower until 10PM, and then getting a second wind!
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I go 6 times a week around 6:00 each night. i stay for an hour. I also workout in the mornings at home for about a half hour. I normally go by myself on Sunday's is my lazy gym day I go with a friend who is older and has had hip replacement surgery to motivate her.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I go depending on my work schedule...which is all over the place. If I work before 10AM, I got after work and if I work later than that, I go before. However, I think when I work my overnight shifts, I'll go when I'm off work because the gym is pretty dead at 6 AM.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I go at 5:15 AM because I won't be up for it in the evening.... How about you find a gym with a daycare, my gym has it for free! Now I don't have kids but this way you don't have to wait for your husband to get home and when he does you'll be full of energy since you just worked out! :)
  • alyssaanagram
    Options
    I usually go in the morning (anywhere from 8-10 depending on the day and when I have work). 3 days a week I abs and major strength training before my cardio so I'm there for about an hour and a half. The other two days (I go 5 times on a really good week. But at least 4 normally) I spend about an hour doing abs/cardio.

I love going in the morning. There's a nice crowd but there are plenty of machines still at my gym. On Monday's I work really early so i have to go at 4 after work & it's more crowded. I don't like it :(

And I usually go alone except on the weekends when my Fiance and I go together. But sometimes it throws me off because I like to work out longer. I save my shorter workouts for the days I go with him if I can help it.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym in the afternoon because I am not a morning person at all, so i go right after work. I go about 3 times a wekk and run the other days. I go alone because every time I've gone with someone I end up waiting on them or talking too much and I find that it detracts from my workout
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    In the morning at 10:30am, im out of there by 12, so roughly workout for just over an hour, this is 4x times week. I workout out on my own, prefer it tbh.

its took many years to get this routien perfect though trail and error
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I go in the mornings during the summer ( I work in the school system) and I'm there about 90 mins doing a warm up, resistance training & a cool down. I used to go to the gym with the hubby but I've been going alone for a few months now, I enjoy the alone time!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I go to the YMCA, so I go an hour before the open pool time. (I do my regular work out first, then swim for an hour or so)

If you have a YMCA in your area, most of them offer 2 hours a day free daycare for members. You should check it out! :wink:

Oh, and I go alone on the weekdays and with hubby on weekends.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    What time of day do you go to the gym? How long are you there for when you go? Do you go alone or with someone?

Like this morning I was there at 5a and will be going back at 615 for a class. My mission is to go for cardio in the morning, and weight work in the evening. I do at least an hour, more if I can. I go alone, my friend is too lazy to go with me.
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    4am for about 1 .5, I go alone because I dont know anybody else will to get up that early
  • rocakes
    rocakes Posts: 44
    Options
    I am currently going different times during the day. I'll go before work if I can get up at 5 to 6-630 but I usually go after work at 330 and stay till about 5...and always alone...I like it better by myself i get into my own zone BUT i do take some classes which are great!