BACON

Options
Okay so I just love me some bacon and have been so scared to try turkey bacon - it just seems so weird to me. So tell me what yall think of turkey bacon please and shouId I try it. Thanks for the help.
Stacey

Replies

• bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer turkey bacon over regular bacon, surprisingly enough.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    It's a bit dry and tough tasting, but the flavor isn't bad. You can actually start liking it . But it will never replace bacon....for me anyway. Bacon, Bacon ,Bacon! I can relate to that commercial with the dogs that love them some BACON. Have you seen that commercial?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon sucks and is in no way comparable to regular bacon, which isn't that high in calories anyway, so fry up a few slices and then throw some brussels sprouts in the bacon fat with some garlic, add slivered almonds, and have a grand time.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I actually like it but it's a bit salty. I perfer the low sodium versions. But you just can't beat regular bacon!
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love bacon, I lost 20 pounds, while having two slices of bacon almost everyday. I try not to limit myself on any type of food. Anything in moderation!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I actually love Turkey Bacon. I don't find it dry or tasteless as others have said. I'm actually on a BLT kick right now and have had turkey bacon for dinner every night this week :))
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    BACON is derived from a PIG, not a bird.
    There is no reason you need to switch
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I heard BACON!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Homer: I’ll have the smiley face breakfast special. Uhh, but could you add a bacon nose? Plus bacon hair, bacon mustache, five o’clock shadow made of bacon bits and a bacon body.
    Waitress: How about I just shove a pig down your throat?
    Waitress: I was kidding.
    Homer: Fine, but the bacon man lives in a bacon house!
    Waitress: No he doesn’t!

But really, normal bacon is so much better.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Either love bacon, or you're wrong.

Just kidding.. well not really.. lol ;) Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbacon.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    I've had turkey bacon before years ago, no need for me to even consider it because real bacon gets the job done for me.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. I don't like the texture of it.
  • naomi802
    naomi802 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat regular bacon from time to time still, but mostly eat turkey bacon. It actually does have a great flavor. I just use Pam canola spray and cook it with that. Otherwise it will cook dry and not be as flavorful. (Just my experience with it.)
  • ShanneeLuee
    Options
    I think it tastes like fried bologna.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love turkey bacon. It's comparable to real bacon. Same goes with turkey pepperoni, yum yum
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Okay so I just love me some bacon and have been so scared to try turkey bacon - it just seems so weird to me. So tell me what yall think of turkey bacon please and shouId I try it. Thanks for the help.
    Stacey

I'm not a big fan myself, but it's not like it's terribly expensive. Just go out and buy a package and try it. You can always use it in sandwiches and stuff if you don't like it as a bacon replacement.
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    I like turkey bacon, they also have turkey sausage and it is good as well. Much better for the body than the regular stuff.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    MMMMmmmmmmm. :love:
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I prefer BACON, love BACON its goes with everything!! LOLOLOL There really isnt a need to substitute for Turkey, just account for having it.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like turkey bacon ok. It is certainly not pork bacon, but it will do as a substitute while I'm trying to lose weight.