BACON

Options

Replies

• rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't like Turkey Bacon at all!! Real bacon only please....mmmm Bacon!!!
  • designdebb
    designdebb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, indulge.. If you like turkey I can not image you wouldnt like it in bacon form... texture is diffrent but not in a bad way, just drier...
  • beauty2323
    beauty2323 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I loved bacon but had bad experience when people don't cook the bacon well enough & left my tummy hurting.

Now it's turkey bacon & turkey sausage. I prefer both cooked crispy. & i don't feel guilty & it taste better to me.
    Once you switch you don't ever want to go back!
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    rEAL BACON IS THE SH** BUT TURKEY BACON IS BOMB TOO. I LOVE IT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS IT DONT GET AS CRISPY AS REGULAR BACON
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I just came for the bacon...where's the bacon???? I'll eat it if it is called bacon, I dont care what kind!!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I just can't resist opening a post titled Bacon. Turkey Bacon is not up to the Bacon standards I hold.
  • jennivive83
    Options
    Try ready 'crisp bacon' check the label though--usually way lover in fat and calories and still taste like BACON
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Turkey bacon is not REAL BACON, therefore cannot be called bacon.

Real bacon has 100000000000% more flavor. Turkey 'bacon' nearly caused me to divorce my wife.

Friends don't let friends eat turkey bacon.

IF ANYONE talks about chicken bacon, I will kneecap punch you.
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    real bacon...apple wood smoked pork belly...oh yeah

but--for a bacon flavor without using bacon try Apple wood smoked sea salt from Whole Foods...we call it "Invisible Bacon"
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    DID SOMEONE SAY BACON?????
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I think turkey bacon is nasty, honestly, but because of a pork intolerance, I can't eat regular bacon, so we get chicken bacon, and beef bacon from a local butcher. Beef bacon is my ultimate favorite...it doesn't "taste like bacon" in the tradition sense of the word, but it's salty, gets crunchy, and is meaty and delicious for breakfast, lunch and supper. It can also be successfully subbed in for piggy bacon in any recipe.
  • jbjujitsu
    jbjujitsu Posts: 9
    Options
    Turkey bacon isnt half bad and studies show is a bit healthier than pork bacon. And lets face it, this is all about short term sacrifice for long term gain. It a bit less greasier with a slightly different texture, but it has a good flavor and is pretty good. Try it you'll like it.

That being said, I know a lot of people that stayed with the pork bacon and still has great results with weight loss. If you dont like the turkey bacon after youve tried it, stick with the pork and just cut back your portion. :)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love bacon!! I was leery on trying it too. I have to admit though, the Butterball Turkey bacon that is called Thin and Crispy, is really good! I have 4 pieces of it just about every day for 60 calories. I have my whole family eating it now, and they all love it.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    OK.. this is gonna make a lot upset... but if you want bacon...skip the turkey bacon crap! Sure its tasty...but it is LOADED with sodium and artificial CRAP...so if you have a bacon craving...go for the real deal...

Hell... I plan to have a bacon wedding cake someday! :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I love turkey bacon. It's comparable to real bacon. Same goes with turkey pepperoni, yum yum

I like turkey pepperoni but turkey bacon is just a big fat NO!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Check the nutrition stats for real bacon vs. turkey bacon. There's no benefit to getting the turkey. Most turkey bacon has more calories than the bacon I normally get, actually.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Now where exactly do you find the bacon on a turkey? Wasnt it Emeril who said "Pork Fat Rules" I have to concur! Now pass me some bacon, please
  • jessicaoliver79
    jessicaoliver79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love turkey bacon .. much better than regular bacon imo :)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    To me it tastes like cardboard bacon....but that's just me......I like the real thing and there is nothing wrong with eating the real one unless you eat the whole pkg.........:bigsmile:
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA IM SO GLAD WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BACON AGAIN HA HA HA THIS SITE IS THE BEST HA HA HA LETS TALK ABOUT HARD WOOD FLOORS NEXT HA HA HA THIS NEVER GETS OLD HA HA HA